Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Twelve Years of Persecution Suffered by a Family Who Benefited from Practicing Falun Gong (Photo)

January 12, 2012 |   By a Clearwisdom correspondent in Liaoning Province, China

Name: Li Shangrong (李上荣)
Gender: Male
Age: In his thirties
Address: Shenhe District, Shenyang City, Liaoning Province
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Most Recent Arrest: December 26, 2000
Most Recent Place of Detention: Jinzhou Prison (锦州监狱)
City: Shenyang
Province: Liaoning
Persecution Suffered: Illegal sentencing, imprisonment, torture, home ransacking, interrogation, detention, forced labor, brainwashing

(Clearwisdom.net) “Upon returning home, I had to face the pain of losing two loved ones. Facing my 70-year-old father, and my child who was only one month old when I left, I needed to find a job quickly and support my family, so that my wife who had been working hard could take a break. However, I simply could not continue with my job after several months.” These were the words of Mr. Li Shangrong, who narrated the persecution the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) subjected his family to during the past 12 years because of his belief. He was illegally arrested in late December 2000, and subsequently unjustly sentenced to a ten-year prison term. When he was released, he was reduced to mere skin and bones.


Mr Li Shangrong reduced to skin and bones as a result of the persecution.

The following is Mr. Li's narrative of what his whole family went through:

In the second half of 1995, my mother was fortunate to be introduced to Falun Dafa, and she started practicing. She had previously suffered from many illnesses, including severe diabetes and lupus. She sought treatment from doctors everywhere but no one could help her. Just six months after she started practicing, she regained her health. At that time, I suffered from severe vasculitis, and the doctor suggested that my limbs be amputated. When I saw the change in my mother, I decided to cultivate too. I was able to read Dafa books without needing my glasses. I married in late 2000 and our family of five immersed ourselves in cultivation and improving ourselves based on the principles of Falun Dafa.

After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, we began producing Falun Gong materials to help us explain the facts about Falun Gong to people.

On the night of December 26, 2000, a dozen officers led by Yang Jialin ransacked my house. They confiscated two suitcases of Dafa books, a computer, printer, photocopier, brochures, as well as all things related to Dafa. The value of these confiscated items had a value of more than 20,000 yuan. My parents and I were taken to Nanta Police Station at the time, for interrogation. My wife was taken to her parent's home for interrogation because our child was just one month old. Police beat my wife to force her to reveal who she was in contact with. Afterwards, because our child kept crying, they left after threatening her.

To avoid further persecution, my wife took our infant child that night and left home. I was detained at Dongling District Detention Center and beaten by the guard. For seven days, my legs were shackled to a board and then my hands were handcuffed to the shackles on my legs. I could not take care of myself. My legs were subsequently put in shackles for 108 days. I was afflicted with scabies, my skin was torn open, my flesh became infected, and my whole body itched terribly.


Torture Illustration: Locked to a ground ring

A year later, I was sentenced to a ten-year jail term. One year after my appeal, I was transferred to Wafangdian Prison. I was forced to carry out slave labor from six in the morning to nine at night.

On March 15, 2001, my parents were deceived into going to Nanta Police Station for a meeting. They were both sentenced to one year of forced labor and locked up at Zhangshi Forced Labor Camp and Longshan Forced Labor Camp, where they were brainwashed to give up their belief. My father vomited blood and my mother developed diabetes. Her body was so weak that she could not take care of herself and was granted medical parole.

In 2002, my mother was released from the labor camp, and subsequently admitted to a hospital. Upon her discharge, when my wife brought our child to visit her at home, she was taken away by Nanta Police Station agents. My family paid 5000 yuan so that she could be released on bail. Later, my wife was forced to leave home and go from place to place to avoid illegal arrest.

In 2005, when my wife came to visit me with our child, she was seized from the hotel in Wafangdian and taken to Shenyang City Detention Center. While in custody she went on a hunger strike for seven days and was subsequently sentenced to three years in jail. She was detained at Liaoning Province Women's Prison and locked up in the storage space with both hands separately handcuffed to a metal shelf.


Torture Re-enactment: Handcuffed to a metal shelf

During this time, my mother was worried about my wife and I. She also had to take care of our young child as well as her 91-year-old mother. She broke down from the pressure and passed away on May 27, 2006. My grandmother also passed away one year before my release from jail.

I was transferred to Jinzhou Prison on December 19, 2007. During a physical examination, it was discovered that there were cavities in my lungs. Because I resisted the so-called "transformation" carried out by the prison, my family was not allowed to visit me in 2009-2010. I constantly ran a fever and my weight dropped from 194 pounds in 2000 to 115 pounds when I was released from prison.

On the day of my release, four people including the head of Wanlian Police Station in Shenyang City, agents from the 610 Office, and the street residential committee, attempted to pick me up and to persecute me further. My family questioned them, saying that I had finished my sentence and on what grounds are they taking me away? In the end, I was taken home by my family.

My whole family had a new life because of Falun Dafa. The unreasonable persecution by the Communist regime caused my once happy family to endure great tragedy and death. Here, I wish to tell kind hearted people what my family went through and urge them to see clearly the evil nature of the Communist regime.