Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Additional Information Regarding the Death of Ms. Gong Hui

July 09, 2011 |   By a correspondent from Tianjin, China

Name: Gong Hui (宫辉)
Gender: Female
Age: 57
Address: Nankai District, Tianjin City
Occupation: Physician
Date of Death: December 4, 2009
Date of Most Recent Arrest: August 13, 2008
Most Recent Place of Detention: Banqiao Women's Forced Labor Camp in Tianjin City (天津板桥女子劳教所)
City: Tianjin
Persecution Suffered: Electric shock, sleep deprivation, forced labor, brainwashing, beatings, solitary confinement, torture, physical restraint, home ransacked, interrogation, detention, denial of restroom use, administration of neurotoxic drugs

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Gong Hui was arrested on the evening of August 13, 2008, during the Beijing Olympics, by Nankai District police and Domestic Security officers. Her home was ransacked and she was detained in the Nankai District Police Department detention center for 35 days. She was later illegally sentenced and taken to the Banqiao Forced Labor Camp for Women in the Dagang District on September 17, 2008. She endured one year and three months of being brutally treated, leaving her mentally and physically devastated. She passed away on December 4, 2009.

As ordered by prison officer Zhang Jinhua, Ms. Gong shared a cell with two drug addicts in Group No. 1 in the forced labor camp. Ms. Gong was forced to stand for long periods of time because she refused to recite the “Four Rules” of the camp. It was suspected that the labor camp put drugs in her food and water, which left Ms. Gong mentally unbalanced, with a blank stare and tremors. She was also unable to sleep normally, and walked around in her cell with a generalized tremor. When she was in this condition, the forced labor camp made her write the Three Statements. After that, they made her work in the labor camp workshop and took her to different hospitals for testing.

Even though the diagnosis of her symptoms was inconclusive, she was forced to take a large amount of neurotoxic and nerve-suppressing medications, and she passed each day in agony and confusion. A shiny, fibrous-looking substance was seen in the drinking water that the labor camp gave to some Falun Gong practitioners. After drinking this water, the victim's tongue would feel numb and bleed a little. The tongue would also feel like it was wrapped with metal wire. After a while, the victim would feel numbness all over, her whole body would shake, and she would experience confusion and shortness of breath, resulting in difficulty controlling herself and keeping calm.

Ms. Gong was sent home ten months after she became mentally unbalanced, and she passed away 22 days later.

Related article:


July 4, 2011