Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Liu Guimin Died as a Result of Force-feeding in 2001 at the Daxing Forced Labor Camp in Beijing

July 13, 2010 |   By our correspondent from Beijing, China

Name: Liu Guimin (刘桂敏)
Gender: Female
Age: 39
Address: Jugezhuang Town, Miyun County, Beijing
Occupation: Farmer

Date of Most Recent Arrest: December 31, 2000
Most Recent Place of Detention:
Daxing Women's Forced Labor Camp in Beijing (北京大兴女子劳教所)

City: Beijing
Persecution Suffered:
Forced labor, brainwashing, force-feedings, detention

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Liu Guimin from Miyun County, Beijing, went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution in early 2001. She was force-fed highly concentrated salt water in the Daxing Women's Forced Labor Camp, which resulted in her death on January 7, 2001. Her two children were only 13 years old and 3 years old.

On December 31, 2000, Ms. Liu, who lived in Jugezhuang Town, Miyun County, Beijing, went to downtown Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. The Chaoyang District police arrested her and took her to the Chaoyang District Detention Center, then immediately transferred her to the Daxing Women's Forced Labor Camp in Beijing.

Ms. Liu remained on a hunger strike for seven days. The labor camp guards force-fed her highly concentrated salt water, but she refused to cooperate. The guards brutally restrained her and callously carried out the feedings. The salt water got into her lungs, which resulted in serious bronchial tube and lung infections. Her life was in imminent danger within a week of her arrest on December 31, 2000. The labor camp authorities allowed her to go home on January 6, 2001.

Despite her serious lung problems, she had only very minimal clothes to wear and a pair of thin slippers. She tried to get home on her own that cold winter day, and she did not get there until 9:00 p.m.

Her family was shocked to see her emaciated in just seven days. Her skin had turned quite dark, completely different from her healthy look before her arrest. They were sad to recall how energetic and healthy she had been ever since she started practicing Falun Dafa. She would take care of heavy farm work in the fields during the day, and spent a lot of time studying Falun Gong books at night. She also volunteered to teach others the Falun Gong exercises, introducing them to the practice and exposing the persecution.

The next day, on January 7, 2001, her family on her mother's side all came to visit her, but by 11:00 a.m. that day she had passed away. She was only 39 years old.

The local 610 Office in charge of the persecution prevented her family from revealing her death as well as the cause to the outside. That is why there was no report of her case at the time. If you know more about her death case, please come forward with more details.

July 9, 2010