Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

First-Hand Persecution Account from Liu Fengbao of Yushu City, Jilin Province

October 31, 2010 |   By practitioner Liu Fengbao from Jilin Province, China (transcribed by a Clearwisdom correspondent)

Name: Liu Fengbao (刘凤宝)
Gender: Male
Age: Unknown
Address: Baoshou Town, Yushu City, Jilin Province
Occupation: Unknown

Date of Most Recent Arrest: March 17, 2008
Most recent place of detention:
Brainwashing Center of Yushu Detention Center (榆树市拘留所洗脑班)
City: Yushu
Persecution Suffered:
Detention, food deprivation, extortion, brainwashing, beatings, forced labor, force-feedings

(Clearwisdom.net) Because I practice Falun Gong, I have been illegally arrested five times. I was detained twice in the Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City, where I was brutally tortured both physically and mentally.

Part One

On July 15, 2003, the chief of the Baoshou Town Police Station, policeman Liu Junsheng, driver Sun Weixing, and two or three other police officers broke into my home and took me to the Yushu Detention Center. I was not allowed to eat for four days.

I was taken to Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp on July 28, 2003. The first day in the camp, I was forced to squat for a prolonged period of time. The guards also ordered a criminal inmate to pour water over my head. I was also beaten by Gao Junting, Ding Feng, and Zhang Yan.

Practitioners who were not "transformed" were each forced to sit on a small stool. We had to carry dirt and bricks on our backs, and to work from 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. without a break from the demanding work. Sometimes we had to work until midnight or even 1:00 a.m. Guard Gao Zhilu often beat us and utilized all kinds of ways to persecute us. He did not allow our families to visit us and fabricated many lies to create misunderstandings and friction between us and our families.

During the first month in the forced labor camp, when I was not clearheaded as a result of being persecuted, I was forced to write the three statements to promise to stop practicing Falun Gong. Afterward I deeply regretted signing them. I was then sent to the Seventh Division, where they detained practitioners in the process of being "transformed."

In the Seventh Division, I was forced to watch videos and books defaming Falun Gong for two months. One night in November 2003, Ma Yuntao and other guards hit and kicked practitioner Wang Binghua from Lishu County, Siping City. Guards from the Second Division also covered the head of Practitioner Chang Xianlu from Huaiyin County, Liaoning Province, with a plastic bag and almost suffocated him.

In April 2004, Sheng Baowei from Liaoyuan was beaten by four or five criminal inmates per the guards' orders. At noon on May 17, 2004, Zhao Yongzhi, in his 50s, from Changchun vomited what he just ate along with some blood. I told section leader Liu Aiguo, but Liu did not care and did nothing to help.

Part Two

At 8 a.m. on March 17, 2008, I was arrested again and taken away by chief Wang and officer Dong from the Baoshou Town Police Station in Yushu City. Ren Lizhu, security director of our village, was also in attendance during the arrest. My wrists swelled up as a result of the tight handcuffs and were very painful. I shouted, "Falun Dafa is good!" several times on the way to the police station and shouted it again when I entered the police station. Qi Li slapped my face three times. The police went to ransack my home. They took away all of my Falun Gong books and materials. On April 2, 2008, I was sent to Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp again, but then I was released because the labor camp refused to accept me.

At 10 a.m. on June 6, 2008, I was arrested again. The police also confiscated my satellite antenna, an MP3 player, and a copy of Zhuan Falun. I was sent to Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp that day and detained in the First Newcomer Section. There, criminal inmates, including Zhu Bao, Yang Chao, and Gu Wei, were ordered by the guards to beat Falun Gong practitioners.

The labor camp forced Falun Gong practitioners to memorize the camp rules and did not allow us to get a good night's sleep, often waking us up every few minutes.

When I went on a hunger strike the first time, I was brutally force-fed by Tai Liang, Yu Weiming, Zhao Yan, Zhai Ye, Cao Li, Zhu Bao, Li Fei (the prison doctor), Wang Zhengang (a guard), and Ju Xiaohua (aguard). They force-fed me with half a bag of salt and some corn flour, and then Tai Liang added another bag of salt. After this, Ju Xiaohua ordered three criminals to stuff my mouth with a dirty cloth. I was tortured for two hours.

In September 2008, I went on a hunger strike again. Guard Gao Jianhui, Zhu Bao, Li Fei, and seven others force-fed me again. I was supposed to be released on September 16. However, chief Yu Tie and deputy chief Li Shijun detained me for another ten days. On September 26, I was transferred to a brainwashing session held by the Yushu Detention Center. In the brainwashing center, I was beaten by Li Fenglin, head of the Yushu 610 Office, because I talked to other detainees about Falun Gong. During an evening meal, guard Wang Li cursed at me because I talked to another practitioner.