Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Yunnan Province No. 2 Women's Prison Uses Drugs on Detainees, Causing Many to Suffer from Mental Disorders

February 11, 2009 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) After July 20, 1999 when Jiang's regime and the Chinese Communist Party started the persecution of Falun Gong, Yunnan Province No. 2 Women's Prison became a special prison for detaining and torturing Falun Gong practitioners.

The very first persecution that practitioners had to go through was the "transformation" process. If practitioners did not give up their belief, they would face brutal torture: being locked in a small cell alone, forced to sit on a small stool for a long time, beaten with different tools, and shocked with electric batons. Many practitioners were tortured until they suffered mental disorders or drew their last breath. The following are some persecution cases from the prison:

  1. Ms. Fang Shimin, a practitioner from Wenshan Town, did not give up her belief and was jailed in a small cell for a year. The guards mixed drugs that affect the mind into her food when they failed in "transforming" her. She lost consciousness and became dull witted.

  2. Ms. Wan Xiuying, a practitioner from the Melting Factory of Gejiu Ji Street, was illegally sentenced to five years in prison and suffered inhuman torture. She was forced to stand up for a long time, locked in a small cell, tied onto a death bed, and injected with unknown drugs. Consequently, Ms. Wan lost her ability to walk or talk, and also lost consciousness from time to time. Her life was in danger. Even after she was sent home, she still did not improve. Her memory was lost and she could only lay on the bed. She is now in critical condition.

  3. Ms. Zhang Rufen, a practitioner from Haikou, Kunming City, was forced to eat food mixed with poisonous drugs. Afterward, she bled from the seven orifices in her head. When the guards saw that she did not die, one of them said, "Your life is so strong; you did not die." When Ms. Zhang was bailed out and sent home, the police warned her not to expose the evil deeds done to her in prison and not to contact other practitioners.

  4. Ms. Wang Lianzhi, 72 years old, is a practitioner from Kunming City. At 6:00 p.m. on April 15, 2008, three policemen came to her home and tried to take her away, but they encountered a strong resistance from her son and left the home unwillingly. The police hid downstairs and then took Ms. Wang away when she tried to leave. In the middle of October 2008, her son went to Xishan Detention Center to deliver clothes to her, but the detention center had sent Wang Lianzhi to the Yunnan No. 2 Women's Prison upon receiving the sentencing letter from the court. The son questioned why the relatives were not notified of the trial process and why it was conducted secretly. On November 10, 2008, her son went through all the processes in the prison to meet with his mother, and he learned that his mother had not written any "guarantee documents" to give up her belief. On November 27, however, he got a phone call from the prison, asking him to go to the prison. When he arrived at the prison, he was told that his mother was sick, and he was allowed to bail her out for treatment. The son asked, "What is the problem?" No one answered him, even after he asked many times. When Yang Huan, a prison administrator, told him that his mother was mentally disturbed, the son was shocked by the news. A few days earlier, his mother was just fine. How could she be mentally disturbed? The son asked, "Who made the diagnosis?" The officer said, "The City Mental Hospital." Yang Huan told the son, "The drug for dealing with high blood pressure was mixed in her food." The son asked again, "What other drugs did you put in her food?" Yang Huan did not answer. The son had no other choice but to take his mother home.

  5. Ms. .Zhao Feiqiong, a practitioner from Kunming City, was jailed at the prison in 2005. The guards tried to "transform" her, but she was firm in her belief. Several policemen handcuffed her to iron rods in an office. Then they used five or six electric batons to shock her sensitive places like the back of her neck, her back, her armpits, and heels. They shocked her for two days: two hours on the first day and almost three hours on the second day. Her skin was burned and fell off piece by piece. The guards who were involved in torturing her were Zeng Jue, Ding Ying, Xie Ling, Ma Lixia, Yang Huan, Zheng Pin, Sun Ningshuang, Zhou Yu, and Yang Yongfen. Xie Ling even encouraged Liu Shuqiong by saying that if Ms. Zhao did not change, Liu could use the stool to beat her to death. In the middle of the night, Liu used a stool to beat Ms. Zhao. The noise was so loud that the person sleeping in the upper bed was awakened. Only then did Liu stop beating Ms. Zhao. On another day when it was very cold, someone stripped off Zhao Feiqiong's clothes and forced her to kneel down for the whole day outside the cell. It was not until evening that she was allowed to put on her clothes.

The above reflects just a small portion of the persecution happening to Yunnan Falun Gong practitioners. We call for help from all kindhearted people to pay attention to the persecution.