Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Tang Haihua Dies in Custody in the Aohan Prefecture Detention Center, Body Immediately Cremated

October 28, 2009 |  

Name: Tang Haihua (唐海花)
Gender: Female
Age: 53
Address: Xinhui Town, Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region
Occupation: Medical PhD Student at Jilin University
Date of Death: Before October 9, 2009
Date of Most Recent Arrest: July 5, 2009
Most Recent Place of Detention: Aohan Prefecture Detention Center (敖汉旗看守所)
City: Chifeng
Province: Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region
Persecution Suffered: Illegal Sentencing, Imprisonment, Torture, Home Ransacked, Detention

(Clearwisdom.net) (By a correspondent from Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region) On July 1, 2007, Public Security agent Gong Chuanxing of Aohan Prefecture and several others set out to follow Falun Dafa practitioners. They ransacked Ms. Tang Haihua's home and lied to her son so that they could take their Falun Dafa materials. On July 6, 2007, they arrested Ms. Tang and other practitioners, detained them in the Aohan Prefecture Detention Center, and did not allow their families to visit.

At the beginning of January 2008, Ms. Tang and three other practitioners were each sentenced to three years in prison. They were taken to the Hohhot City Women's Prison in March 2008. There is no information on when or why Ms. Tang was taken back to the detention center or if she was ever accepted by the prison.

At 8:00 p.m. on October 9, 2009, her family received a notice saying that she was dying. They rushed to the Aohan Prefecture Detention Center. Upon entering the women's cell, they saw Ms. Tang's body, which was frozen hard in the freezer.

The detention center officials did not allow her family to inquire about the cause of her death, and they even threatened them, saying, "There is no discussion. Her body must be cremated!" Her family was not allowed to go near her body. The center called for transport from the crematory to take her body away and told her family that they had to pay for it.

Ms. Tang's family had to stand three feet away as the detention center personnel put clothes on her. Although they could not examine her closely, they still saw that her head, back, and chest were covered with purple bruises. Her wrist seemed to be fractured, and she had no shoes on.

Written on October 25, 2009