(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 10 cities or counties in 9 provinces. In this report, 27 Falun Gong practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention, and at least 13 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Zhucheng City, Shandong Province] Haogezhuang Police Station Harassed Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Meng Qingying
On October 28, 2008, Fan Weigang and other officers from the Haogezhuang Police Station broke into the home of Ms. Meng Qingying in Huanghua Town. She was taken to the Huanghua Police Station and was not released until that night.
2. [Jilin Province] Ms. Xu Qin, Ms. Han Yingmei and Ms. Dong Yanchun Sent to Forced Labor Camp
On June 1, 2008, Ms. Xu Qin from Dalian City, Liaoning Province went to the Shanyou Detention Center in Songyuan City, Jilin Province to visit her younger brother Mr. Xu Peng, who was detained there. Ms. Xu was arrested and sentenced to a one-year term in a forced labor camp. She has been sent to the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City.
On June 26, 2008, Ms. Han Yingmei from Sidaogou, Huadian was taken from her home to the Huadian Detention Center. She was later transferred to the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp for a one-year term.
Ms. Dong Yanchun of the Hongshi Forestry Bureau in Huadian went to work in Changchun City. She was arrested and sent to the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City for one year.
3. [Jiangmen City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Liang Guangxiong Was Arrested on the Night of November 1, 2008
4. [Xinbin County, Liaoning Province] Ms. Liu Hui Arrested
At 8:00 a.m. on October 1, 2008, Ms. Liu Hui and her sister were arrested by the Xinbin County Police in front of the building where they live. Her sister, who is not a practitioner, has been released.
Qu Ye, chief of the Household Registration Section, Xinbin County Police
Station: 86-413-5080218, 86-13841375577
Liu Dagang, deputy director: 86-413-5080228, 86-13904932985
5. [Beijing City] Mr. Yi Jie Arrested
On November 1, 2008, Mr. Yi Jie paid a taxi driver with money that had words exposing the persecution on it. The driver reported him. He was arrested, and the home of his parents was searched.
6. [Luobei County, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Jing Lijun and Ms. Zhang Guirong Arrested
On September 26, 2008, Ms. Jing Lijun and Ms. Zhang Guirong from Baoquanling, Luobei County went to the 24th Group of Baoquanling to post Falun Dafa flyers. They were reported and arrested by Tian Wenhua and other officers from the Baoquanling Police Department, and subsequently detained in the detention center of the Hebei Forestry Bureau in Luobei County. On October 26, 2008, Ms. Jing Lijun was released. Ms. Zhang is still being detained.
7. [Yancheng, Jiangsu Province] Ms. Cai Cuiyan and Mr. Xu Donggan Arrested
On October 29, 2008, Ms. Cai Cuiyan was arrested at her home by the Yancheng 610 Office. On the next day, Mr. Xu Donggan, who works in the same company as Ms. Cai, was also arrested.
8. [Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province] Information about the Persecution of Falun Dafa Practitioners in Zhangbei County
Ms. Wang Yuemei, Ms. Wang Fengzhi, Mr. Gao Zhongyuan and Mr. Shi Jujun are being detained in a forced labor camp. The following practitioners are being detained in the Zhangjiakou Detention Center: Ms. Zhao Zhi, Ms. Xiao Yan, Ms. Gao Qizhi, Ms. Zhao Shuqin, Ms. Peng Cuiling, Ms. Li Yulan, Ms. Hao Guizhi, Ms. Zhang Sulian and Ms. Li Guizhi. The following practitioners are being detained in the Zhangbei County Detention Center: Ms. Tian (a teacher) and Mr. Du Zhenke. Ms. Shen Yanjun (a teacher, 36 years old) and Ms. Ren Wanlian (a farmer, 62 years old) are being detained in Hailiutu Township, Zhangbei County.
9. [Changle County, Shandong Province] Ms. Liu Yufen from Xujiamiao Village, Tangwu Town, Changle County Was Arrested, and Three Months Later Sent to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp for a 15-month Term.
10. [Linqu County, Shandong Province] Ms. Zhang Huimei from Xinshan Village, Liushan Town Sent to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp for a One-year Term
11. [Linqu County, Shandong Province] Mr. Liu Guozheng and Mr. Liu Guodong Persecuted
Mr. Liu Guozheng and his brother Mr. Liu Guodong from Longgang Village, Longgang Town, Linqu County were homeless and destitute for a long time in order to avoid the persecution. In August 2008, they were arrested by the Linqu police, and are now being persecuted in a detention center. Mr. Liu Guozheng cannot walk as a result of abuse in detention.
Linqu County Police Department: 86-536-3212789, 86-536-2214110
Xu Wenyuan, director of the police department: 86-536-3456678, 86-13963686369
12. [Hengshui City, Hebei Province] Mr. Zheng Baowei Sent to Forced Labor Camp
Mr. Zheng Baowei is about 40 years old and lives in Zhangjia Village, Heyan Township, Taocheng District, Hengshui City. On July 24, 2008, Mr. Zheng was arrested and taken to the Tangu Police Station. His home was later searched. He was later sentenced to two years' forced labor and is being detained in the Handan Forced Labor Camp.
13. [Jieyang City, Guangdong Province] Three Falun Dafa Practitioners Sentenced
On October 13, 2008, three Falun Dafa practitioners from Huilai County, Jieyang City were sentenced because they distributed truth-clarifying materials. Ms. Zheng Qiaoyun was sentenced to five years, and Ms. Fang Xiuzhen and Ms. Zheng Haiying to three and a half years.
14. [Neijiang City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Huang Daihua and Two Other Practitioners Arrested
On October 28, 2008, Ms. Huang Daihua, Ms. Jiang Jing and Ms. Chen Suqin were arrested by the Yuxi Road Police Station.
Yu Quanyou, head of the Yuxi Road Police Station: 86-13890596607
15. [Beijng City] Ms. Ma Lianhu Dies as a Result of Persecution
Ms. Ma Lianhu was 68 years old and lived on Nan Street, Chengguan Town, Fangshan District, Beijing City. When the persecution started in 1999, she was sent to a brainwashing center and persecuted both physically and mentally. On April 23, 2007, Ms. Ma was arrested by the Chengguan Police Station and the National Security Team of Fangshan District. Her home was searched, and the police took away her computer, printer and personal property worth about 10,000 yuan. Later, she was sent to a brainwashing center again. She was again severely mistreated both physically and mentally. Ms. Ma passed away on June 16, 2008 as a result of the persecution.