Today's report relates persecution incidents that involve 24 cities or counties in nine provinces. Twenty-four practitioners were subjected to maltreatment during detention, and 60 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Falun Gong Practitioners Arrested and Several Truth-Clarification Material Production Sites Damaged
Since three practitioners, Ms. Fu Xiuyun, Ms. Liao Shuhua and Ms. Chen Ziying, were arrested on September 9, 2007, several additional practitioners have been arrested and a few truth-clarification material production sites have been damaged.
2. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Falun Gong Practitioner Yang Chuanjun Illegally Sentenced
Personnel from the Dalian City National Security Division arrested practitioner Mr. Yang Chuanjun on June 19, 2007. Mr. Yang was held for three months. Xigang District Court agents sentenced Mr. Yang on the morning of September 14, 2007.
3. [Heilongjiang Province] Practitioner Tian Guomin Arrested and Her Home Ransacked
Practitioner Ms. Tian Guomin and two other practitioners, employees of the Heilongjiang Province Xinglong Administration Bureau, were arrested on September 13, 2007. Ms. Tian escaped from the Youyi County Police Department, but made contact with her husband later and was then taken into custody with along her husband at the Fuli Bus Station.
4. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Three Practitioners Sent to Shenyang City to Be Persecuted
Eight practitioners from the Kangping District, Shenyang City were arrested on the morning of September 13, 2007. Five practitioners have been released, but the other three have been sent to Shenyang City to be persecuted.
5. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Li Jun Arrested
Officers from the Fuguo Street Police Station arrested practitioner Ms. Li Jun on the afternoon of August 31, 2007. The arrest took place after Ms. Li clarified the facts about Falun Gong near the Shahekou District. Ms. Li is presently being held at the Yaojia Detention Center.
6. [Dandong City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Zhao Yuanqi Arrested
Officers from the Zhenxing District Taoyuan Police Station in Dandong City arrested 60-year-old practitioner Mr. Zhao Yuanqi from Dandong City and ransacked his home on the morning September 10, 2007. The arrest took place after Mr. Zhao distributed Falun Gong truth-clarification materials.
7. [Songyuan City, Jilin Province] Practitioner Gong Xiuyan Arrested
Practitioner Ms. Gong Xiuyan is a teacher from the Songyuan City Meng Middle School. Police officers arrested her at her home on the night of September 14, 2007.
8. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Li Jingyi Arrested
Personnel from the Qingni Street Shanghai Community in the Zhongshan District, Dalian City colluded with officers from the district Tianjin Police Station. They prolonged the approval process for practitioner Ms. Li Jingyi's registration for a retiree ID card and called the police station on September 12, 2007. Thus, Ms. Li was arrested.
Qingni Street Shanghai Community: 86-411-82800196, 86-411-82808122
Yuan Zhong'e, in charge of the persecution
9. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Ms. Jiang Sumei Arrested and Held at Yanji Detention Center
10. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] A Female Practitioner Arrested
A 60-year-old female practitioner from the Xingnan Street Railway System Residential Community in the Nanguang District of Harbin City was reported to police on September 12, 2007. Ha'nan Community Party Secretary Liang Yufen and personnel from the Ha'nan Police Station arrested her.
11. [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Five Practitioners Sentenced
Personnel from the Jilin City Chuanying Court sentenced practitioners to the following terms: Ms. Liu Yuhe to eight years in prison; Mr. Zhao Guoxing, ten years; Ms. Mu Chunhong, five years; Ms. Zhao Yingjie, six years; and Ms. Wang Liqiu, three years. The court agent had sentenced practitioner Mr. Liu Hongwei to 13 years in prison.
12. [Anda City, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioner Liu Chengjun Arrested
Practitioner Mr. Liu Chengjun clarified the facts about Falun Gong at a temple, but was reported on the afternoon of September 14, 2007. He is presently being held at the Anda City Detention Center.
13. [Qitaihe City, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioner Xie Youwei Arrested for the Third Time
Officials from the Zhongxinhe Township Government in Qiezihe District, Qitaihe City and Township Police Deputy Chief Ma Xuezhi went to practitioner Mr. Xie Youwei's home on August 30, 2007. Officer Zhou Chuanjun from the district police department broke into Mr. Xie's home and arrested on him the morning of August 31, 2007. They took him to the city detention center.
Prior to this arrest, Mr. Xie had twice been detained at the Suihua City Forced Labor Camp.
14. [Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region] Practitioner Zhang Li Has Been Held for Four Months
The Dayangshu Police Station had once held practitioner Ms. Zhang Li, an employee of the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region Railway Station Baggage Section, for a year. In May 2007, they arrested her for a second time and ransacked her home. She has been held so far for four months.
15. [Yingkou City, Liaoning Province] Persecution of Practitioner Gong Enrong's Family
Practitioner Mr. Gong Enrong, 55 years old, lives with his daughter and son at Silabao Village, Bayuquan Shuangtai Township in Yingkou City, Liaoning Province. Personnel from the city police department arrested him, his son and his daughter in early August 2007. His son was released after being fined 5,000 yuan. The whereabouts of Mr. Gong and his daughter are unknown. Police ransacked their home and confiscated a computer, a printer, a CD burner and some truth-clarification materials.
16. [Beijing] Practitioner Wang Weiyu, a PhD Student at Qinghua University, was Tortured at Qianjin Prison
Practitioner Mr. Wang Weiyu was taken to Qianjin Prison because of his belief in Falun Dafa. He was put into the Small Cell Group where six criminal inmates monitored him around the clock. They often beat him. One of his Achilles tendons was injured, and he could not walk.
17. [Beijing] Practitioner Liu Guifu Released
Practitioner Ms. Liu Guifu had been held at the Beijing Women's Forced Labor Camp for two and a half years until her release in August 2007. Guards from the forced labor camp reached an agreement with the police station in Ms. Liu's jurisdiction to the effect that Ms. Liu had not given up Falun Gong practice. They attempted to arrest Ms. Liu again.
18. [Beijing] Practitioner Wang Ruiqin Arrested
Personnel from the Fangshan District National Security Division and from the Dashiwo Town Police Department arrested practitioner Ms. Wang Ruiqin from Huinanzhuang Village on September 13, 2007. They ransacked her home and confiscated some truth-clarification materials. Ms. Wang is presently being held at the district detention center.
Fangshan District 610 Office: 86-10-89365601, 86-10-89360297
Dashiwo Town Police Station: 86-10-61323161
19. [Beijing] Police from Haidian District Arrested Practitioner Wang Hongyan
Haidian District police arrested 35-year-old practitioner Ms. Wang Hongyan from the Chaoyang District on September 11, 2007.
20. [Beijing] Practitioner Xiang Guilan Arrested and Her Home Ransacked on September 10, 2007
21. [Pingdu City, Shandong Province] Practitioner Liu Arrested
Pingdu City 610 Office head Dai Yugang and Dianqian Village Party Secretary in Mencun Town went to practitioner Liu's home in Dianqian Village on September 13, 2007. They attempted to arrest Liu, but were unsuccessful. Dai Yugang called a number of agents from the town police station and eventually arrested Liu and ransacked the practitioner's home.
22. [Changyi County, Shandong Province] Practitioner Tian Xiuzhen Sentenced to One and a Half Years of Forced Labor
Police arrested practitioner Ms. Tian Xiuzhen from Changyi County who worked in Weifang City on the night of June 5, 2007. They confiscated her bank deposit slips, citizen's ID card, a computer, a cell phone, a printer, a projector and paint. Her family did not know she had been arrested until personnel from the Jinan City Wangcun Forced Labor Camp notified the family in writing and ordered them to pay "accommodation fees." Ms. Tian was sentenced to one and a half years of forced labor.
23. [Shandong Province] Police Attempt to Extort Money from Practitioner Zong Shanfang's Family
After practitioner Ms. Zong Shanfang and her husband Mr. Cui Baogeng, employees of the Shengli Oil Field, were arrested, personnel from the brainwashing center ordered their daughter to pay 40,000 yuan; otherwise, the couple would be sentenced to forced labor.
24. [Liaocheng City, Shandong Province] Practitioners Zhai Chengfu and Wang Huijie Arrested
Several policemen including Zhang Jianhua and Zhai Shilong from Dong'e County broke into practitioner Mr. Zhai Chengfu's home and arrested him on the morning of September 14, 2007. They confiscated his computer. Mr. Zhai is a retiree from the county's Ejiao Factory.
Police also arrested 50-year-old practitioner Ms. Wang Huijie from Songlou Village, Tongcheng Town that day. Six officers including Su Shucai from the Chengguan Town Police Station ransacked Ms. Wang's home.
Phone numbers of police officers:
Zhang Jianhua: 86-635-3288079
Zhai Shilong: 86-635-3288036
Shu Shucai: 86-635-3283021
You Lingsi, 610 Office agent: 86-635-3286100
25. [Zaozhuang City, Shandong Province] Three Practitioners Arrested
Personnel from the Ycheng District Police Department 610 Office and from the National Security Section broke into the home of practitioners Ms. Zhou Ying and Mr. Li Hongshuai at 8:00 a.m. on September 11, 2007. They arrested the couple and ransacked their home. They also arrested practitioner Mr. Chen Jin that day.
26. [Zaozhuang City, Shandong Province] Practitioner Wu Bo Arrested
Practitioner Ms. Wu Bo is a radio broadcaster in the Tairzhuang District of Zaozhuang City, Shandong Province. Personnel from the Pizhou City Police Department 610 Office and from the National Security Section arrested her practitioner parents on July 12, 2007. They order Ms. Wu to pay 10,000 yuan for the release of her parents. She did so, but the officers then ordered her to pay another 15,000 yuan. Ms. Wu refused. Officers from the Tairzhuang District Police Department then arrested Ms. Wu on September 12, 2007.
27. [Zaozhuang City, Shandong Province] Practitioner Sun Zhongying Arrested
Personnel from the Zaozhuang City Police Department 610 Office and from the Shizhong District 610 Office arrested practitioner Ms. Sun Zhongying in early September 2007. Ms. Sun was taking care of her daughter-in-law, who had given birth four days before.
28. [Changle County, Shandong Province] Practitioner Zhao Guilan Arrested
Officers from the Nanhao Town Police Station arrested practitioner Ms. Zhao Guilan from Xiawa Village, Nanhao Town, Changle County, Shandong Province on September 13, 2007. Ms. Zhao is presently being held at the county detention center.
29. [Chengde City, Hebei Province] More Than Twenty Practitioners from Fengning County Arrested at 9:00 p.m. on September 15, 2007
30. [Chicheng County, Hebei Province] The City Intermediate Court Transferred the Legal Cases of Seven Practitioners to the Chicheng County Procuratorate
Practitioner Ms. Wang Yufeng's family received notice on September 10, 2007 that the city's Intermediate People's Court had returned Ms. Wang and six other practitioners' pending legal matters to the city's Procuratorate; however, the latter replaced the charge "overthrowing the government" with "hampering implementation of the law." They returned the case to the Chicheng County People's Procuratorate and plotted further persecution of the seven practitioners.
31. [Yi County, Hebei Province] Practitioner Li Haiyan Sentenced to Forced Labor
Six officers from the Tanghu Town Police Station in Yi County arrested practitioner Ms. Li Haiyan at her home at 5:00 a.m. on September 4, 2007. Ms. Li was sentenced to one year of forced labor on September 10, 2007 and is presently being held at the Shijiazhuang City Forced Labor Camp.
Tanghu Town Police Station: 86-312-8820015
32. [Longhua County, Hebei Province] Practitioner Fu Guizhen Arrested
Police arrested practitioner Ms. Fu Guizhen from Longhua Town, Longhua County in early September 2007 because Ms. Fu clarified the facts about Falun Gong at a morning market. She is presently being held at the county detention center.
33. [Baoding City, Hebei Province] Practitioner Wei Yibin Arrested
Official Zhao Weimin led five officers from the Shenxing Town Police Station's No.3 Team and arrested practitioner Mr. Wei Yibin from Dakanxia Village, Baoding City, Mancheng County at 10:00 p.m. on September 14, 2007. Mr. Wei is presently being held at the county detention center.
34. [Cangzhou City, Hebei Province] Practitioner Xu Kai Sentenced to Forced Labor
Cangzhou City police arrested practitioner Mr. Xu Kai and took him to the city detention center on August 8, 2007. After torturing him for 30 days, they transferred him to the Handan City Forced Labor Camp on September 8, 2007. Mr. Xu's family did not know of his arrest until they received a call from an officer in the forced labor camp.
35. [Quyang County, Hebei Province] Practitioner Xu Yingtao Arrested
Wende Township Police Station chief Xin Xiuluan led several policemen and broke into practitioner Ms. Xu Yingtao's home in Beihongde Village at 6:00 a.m. on September 15, 2007. They arrested her and detained her at the police station, later transferring her to the county police department. They confiscated a satellite receiver from Ms. Xu's home while no family members were present on September 16, 2007.
Another female practitioner in her sixties (name unknown) was arrested on the same day.
Quyang County National Security Division agents arrested and detained practitioner Ms. Gao Jianhong at the detention center before September 15. They transferred her to a forced labor camp in Baoding City several days ago. She was sentenced to one year and three months of forced labor.
36. [Ningxia Province] An Older Female Practitioner was Arrested and Her Home was Ransacked on the Afternoon of September 15, 2007
37. [Fengyang City, Anhui Province] Practitioner He Xiaoyan's Whereabouts Unknown
Police arrested practitioner Mr. He Xiaoyan from Mapeng Township, Fengyang County on the night of September 15, 2007. Mr. He's whereabouts are unknown.
38. [Zhoukou City, Henan Province] Practitioner Pan Xia Arrested
Zhoukou City Shabei Police Department's National Security Division deputy chief Han Yong arrested practitioner Ms. Pan Xia from the Chuanhui District on September 5, 2007. Ms. Pan is presently being held at the Xihua Detention Center.
Ms. Pan, in her forties, has a 20-year-old mentally retarded daughter who needs her care. Police broke into her home and ransacked the place on September 6, 2007. They confiscated 380 yuan as well.
39. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Practitioner Zhu Yifang Illegally Sentenced
Guangyuan City Court agents sentenced practitioner Ms. Zhu Yifang from Chengdu City to seven years in prison on October 8, 2006. Ms. Zhu is presently being held at the Sichuan Province Binjiang Prison.
40. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Practitioner Liu Yueqing Arrested
Police arrested practitioner Mr. Liu Yueqing from Wenjia Township, Qingyang District of Chengdu City, Sichuan Province on his way to picking up his grandson on September 4, 2007. They ransacked his home and confiscated some Dafa books, truth-clarification materials and a copier.
41. [Hunan Province] Xihuang County Government Official Harass Practitioners
Personnel from the 610 Office, from the Comprehensive Administration Office, the Judiciary Bureau and the Police Department in Xinhuang County harassed practitioners on their "black list" on September 12, 2007.
610 Office head Li Xinmin defamed Falun Gong on the Xinhuang County TV Station on September 11, 2007 and ordered viewers to report those practitioners who clarified the facts about Falun Gong. Those who reported practitioners would be rewarded with 300 to 500 yuan.
Yang Qinglin, in charge of Falun Gong at the Political and Judiciary
Committee: 86-13787562002 (C)
Li Xinmin, head of 610 Office: 86-13787562636 (C)
Wu Changgeng, deputy head of Judiciary Bureau: 86-13807458957 (C)
42. [Meizhou City, Guangdong Province] Practitioner Luo Xiaoling Held at a Brainwashing Center
Personnel from the Meijiang District 610 Office and from the district police department arrested practitioner Ms. Luo Xiaoling at her home on the afternoon of September 4, 2007. They took her to the Meizhou City Jianan Sanbanqiao Law Education (Brainwashing) Center. Practitioner Ms. Gu Qiuhua, arrested on September 9, 2007, was also held there.
43. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Practitioner Chen Liping Sentenced to Four Years in Prison
Practitioner Ms. Chen Liping was sentenced to four years in prison and is presently being held at the Wuhan City Women's Prison on Baofeng Street.
Wuhan City Women's Prison: 86-27-83628677, 86-27-83622391
44. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] A Female Practitioner Arrested
Police arrested a female practitioner in her fifties near the Qianjin Road Vegetable Market on Jiyuqiao Street, Wuhan City, Hubei Province on September 12, 2007.
45. [Hubei Province] Female Practitioner Arrested in Zhuhai City, Guangdong Province
Police arrested a female practitioner from Hubei Province on the morning of September 14, 2007 when she clarified the truth about Falun Gong at the Xiangzhou Jialefu Area in Zhuhai City, Guangdong Province. She is presently being held at the city's No.2 Detention Center.
46. [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Jiang Tianrong Arrested
Police arrested practitioner Mr. Jiang Tianrong from Sandaohao Village, Xinshan Town, the Developmental District in Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province on the morning of September 14, 2007.
Xinshan Town Police Department: 86-416-3530045
Ma Wenge, Sandaohao Village Party secretary: 86-416-3530229 (H)
47. [Beijing] Police Arrested Practitioner Mi Ruixian
Personnel from the Beijing Police Department and the Fengtai District Police Department arrested practitioner Ms. Mi Ruixian at her home near the Beijing Olympic Village on the night of September 10, 2007. Her whereabouts are unknown.
48. [Tai'an, Shandong Province] Practitioners Zou Yuanwen and Liu Aizhen Arrested
Practitioner Mr. Zou Yuanwen, 44, is a Chang'an Primary School teacher in Mawan Township, Daiyue District, Tai'an City. The principal of the school, Sun Bo, reported him to the police because he clarified the facts about Falun Gong at school. On June 28, 2007, Su Bo colluded with Shi Xiruo, deputy head of Mawan Township Education Committee, and others. They pried open the window of Mr. Zou's dormitory, and forcibly took away several copies of truth-clarification materials. On July 7, police from Huamawan Township Police Station arrested Mr. Zou and took him to Daiyue District for detention.
Practitioner Ms. Liu Aizhen, in her fifties, is a farmer in East Village, Wenkou Town, Tai'an City. She was detained at Jinan City's Jiangshuiquan Women's Forced Labor Camp from December 2000 to December 2001. On August 30, 2007, police from Daiyue District arrested her. Her family does not know where she is being detained.
Chang'an Primary School principal Sun Bo: 86-538-8742299
Daiyue District 610 Office: 86-538-8568610
September 16, 2007