Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Dafa Practitioners from Mengyang Town in Pengzhou City, Sichuan Province Subjected to Torture

June 18, 2007 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Since the persecution began on July 20, 1999, Mengyang Town, Pengzhou City of Sichuan Province has become the district in Sichuan Province that most severely persecutes and tortures Dafa practitioners. Practitioners have been arrested, forcibly paraded through the streets to be insulted in public, brutally tortured, illegally sentenced to forced labor, locked up in mental hospitals, and more. Many practitioners were tortured to death. The following is an account of tortures to which some practitioners have been subjected.

Ms. Jiang Qunhua, an Older Lady, was Set On Fire and Scalded with Boiling Water

Ms. Jiang Qunhua was the volunteer coordinator for the practice site in Mengyang Town. After July 20, 1999, she went to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Dafa many times. She endured barbaric tortures and hardships, and she protected other practitioners with her life.

In January 2001, Bai Meichun, Zheng Guohua, and Huang Rensong from the town police station, 610 Office, and the Comprehensive Management Office handcuffed Jiang and forcibly paraded her through the streets. They hung a board around Ms. Jiang's neck and forced her to stand at intersections. In addition, they detained her in the Nanmusi Labor Camp despite the fact that Jiang was over 60 years old.

In January 2002, the township government set up a secret prison. After brutally beating Ms. Jiang, they imprisoned her inside a filthy cell. She had to sleep on the cold cement floor that was crawling with insects and snakes. Later, Jiang used strong righteous thoughts to walk out of the prison.

On October 2, 2002, Jiang was once again detained at the town police station. Zeng Jun shocked her with electric batons, and Huang Guangyao used a club made out of metal wires to beat Ms. Jiang. Teng Jiahua scalded her with boiling water. In addition, Zeng Jun used a cigarette lighter to burn Ms. Jiang's hair and shouted at the same time, "I'll burn you to death, and then it will count as a self-immolation! I'll beat you to death and throw you into the Mengyang River!"

This went on from 3:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. Three days later, Jiang was transferred to the Pengzhou City Brainwashing Center. She started a hunger strike to protest the torture, but they force-fed her. During the force-feeding, the guards knocked out her front teeth. After that, she was transferred to a mental hospital for further torture.

After 2003, the authorities tried several times to arrest and further persecute Ms. Jiang, but were unsuccessful each time.

Mr. Na Weigang and Ms. Tang Fafen's Family Subjected to Torture and Persecution

Husband and wife, Mr. Na Weigang and Ms. Tang Fafen both practice Falun Gong. Na's mother Liu Yuanfen is also a practitioner. After July 20, 1999, Na Weigang and Tang Fafen went to Beijing to tell people the facts about Falun Gong. However, they were captured by officials from the township government, who forced Na Weigang and Tang Fafen to pay 9800 yuan to cover the officials' travel expenses. Na Weigang could only pay 3200 yuan. Unsatisfied with that amount, the officials went to Na Weigang and Tang Fafen's residence and confiscated their TV set, an electric fan, VCDs and other personal belongings.

In January 2000, some of the local Communist Party officials claimed that some practitioners had disappeared, so they arrested Mr. Na Weigang and detained him at the township courtyard. More than a dozen officials, including Zheng Guohua, Tan Yanbai, Bai Meichun, Qiao Lijun, and Liu Zhengfang, suddenly turned off the lights and started beating Na Weigang. They used stools and belts to attack her, some of which broke during the beating. They then asked Na if he would continue practicing Falun Gong, and he said yes. Hearing this, they turned off the lights again and continued beating him. They repeated this several times. Afterwards, Na Weigang and Tang Fafen were forced by personnel from the township government to do hard labor. In addition, they were also fined.

From late 2002 until May 2003, Mr. Na Weigang was tortured by Huang Guangyao, Qiao Lijun, and Huang Rensong, who detained and tortured him in a private cell. Na's elderly father had to send in 100 kg of rice as payment for the food he ate there.

In 2003, Mr. Na Weigang was detained in the Pengzhou City brainwashing center. The officials at that center claimed that his legs were a little swollen, so they sent Na to a hospital, where he was given injections that caused his whole body to become paralyzed.

When Na Weigang returned home, he remained steadfast in his faith in Dafa. Currently, his health has been restored.

On January 2, 2002, Ms. Tang Fafen, Mr. Na Weigang, and Ms. Liu Yuanfang were arrested and detained in the Mengyang Town government building for four months. During that time, they were brutally tortured. Later, they escaped and became destitute. The governments of Pengzhou City, Mengyang Town and Mengyang Police Station issued arrest warrants. On October 7, 2002, Na Weigang and his wife were both arrested when they distributed Falun Gong materials in Zhongjiang County. Official Liu Zhengfang confiscated the 900 yuan that Na had earned from doing odd jobs. They were escorted back to the Mengyang Town government, where they suffered intensified torture. They were beaten black and blue. After that, they were transferred to the Pengzhou City Brainwashing Center. On March 3, 2003, Tang Fafen was sentenced to two years of forced labor. They detained her at the Nanmusi Women's Labor Camp in Zizhong, Sichuan Province.

While at the Nanmusi Labor Camp, Ms. Tang's body was covered with scabies, and the blood mingled with the flesh. Seeing this, personnel of the labor camp would not admit her. After discussing her situation with the Pengzhou City 610 Office, the labor camp admitted her. She stayed there only ten days. No one knew about the torture she was subjected to while in this labor camp. When they released her, she was on the brink of death. She passed away two days after she returned home.

Na Weigang's mother, Liu Yuanfang, was over 70 years old. She suffered from the same kind of torture at the brainwashing center. Her physical health deteriorated, and her swollen body was covered with scabies. She had trouble breathing. Seeing her situation, personnel from the brainwashing center called a doctor to examine her. The doctor diagnosed Liu Yuangfang with skin cancer. Hence, personnel from the brainwashing center ordered the local government to get her because they did not want to be held responsible.

Zhang Zhifang was Beaten So Severely that Her Body was Covered with Blood and Bruises

Practitioner Zhang Zhifang was detained in the Nanmusi Labor Camp for one year because she went to appeal on behalf of Dafa. The family-owned medicine store was ransacked. The public security director of Sanyi Zhou Kui gathered thugs from local areas to torture Zhang Zhifang. They took off practitioners' clothes and then poured cold water on their bare bodies. Practitioners were also forced to stand for a long period of time holding cobblestones on their heads. In addition, practitioners were forced to squat down on carbon residue, cement floors, and were beaten with bamboo sticks. Practitioners were tortured this way twice a day for six months. Zhang Zhifang was beaten so severely that her body was covered with blood and bruises.

Ms. Tan Yanfang and Ms. Liu Bangxiu Were Both Tortured to Death

Ms. Tan Yanfang's front teeth were knocked out, she vomited blood every day, and she looked deformed. In December 2003, she developed a boil on her feet and passed away soon thereafter.

In 2003, Liu Zhengfang and Qiao Liqun detained Ms. Liu Bangxiu in the brainwashing center for telling people the facts about Falun Gong. Liu Bangxiu started a hunger strike in protest. The thugs force-fed her and poured half a pound of salt dissolved in water down her throat and did not let her drink any water after that. Liu felt a burning sensation inside her, and was in such pain that she could not fall asleep that night. Afterwards, she was sent to the mental hospital for further torture. In 2003, they released her. She experiencing severe back pain and passed away soon after her release.

Ms. Zeng Qingfang and Mr. Wen Changping Were Tortured by More than Forty CCP Officials

Ms. Zeng Qingfang was detained numerous times because she went to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Gong. She was tortured in the Nanmusi Labor Camp. In February 2002, Bai Meichun and Fu Jin tied up Zeng Qingfang and paraded her through the streets to humiliate her. After that, she was detained in the township government courtyard, where she was beaten by over 40 officials at the same time. In March 2003, she was detained in the Pengzhou City Brainwashing Center. In 2006, they detained her in the Xinjing Brainwashing Center.

Mr. Wen Changping was detained numerous times because he went to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Gong. In February 2002, the officials hung a board from his neck and then paraded him through the streets. Later he was detained inside the township government courtyard, where he was beaten by more than 40 government officials. His entire body was swollen and his eyes were bleeding.

Mr. Jiang Fuming was Lifted Up and Then Dropped Repeatedly

Mr. Jiang Fuming was detained many times because he went to Beijing to appeal. Afterwards, he was detained in Sanyi, where he was brutally beaten. He was beaten so severely that his whole body was covered with cuts and bruises. Later, the thugs lifted him up and then dropped him repeatedly.

Husband and Wife, Zeng Yi, Yang Xianjun and Their One-Year-Old Child Were Detained Together

Zeng Yi and Yang Xianjun went to appeal several times, and they were detained in the township government courtyard in 2002. Their one-year-old child was also subjected to the persecution. In July 2003, they were transferred to Pengzhou City Brainwashing Center for further persecution.