Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

An "Outstanding Nurse" Talks about the Persecution She Suffered

September 15, 2006 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) I'm a nurse and am 45 years old. I used to have tuberculosis and had several operations. The side effect of the medicines I took severely impaired my heart, liver, stomach and eyes. I also suffered from anemia. I was always very weak. I got sick every time there was an epidemic. I tried all kinds of treatments, but my health didn't improve much. The incisions from the operations often bothered me and made me suffer.

In August of 1996, I was fortunate to begin to practice Falun Dafa. My diseases all disappeared. My life was filled with happiness. I was elected "Outstanding Nurse" for several years in my hospital.

On July 20, 1999, the Jiang regime started the persecution of Falun Gong. There were constantly police cars around, even late at night. At work, neighborhood administration offices, or at police substations, they forced practitioners to hand over their Falun Gong books and to renounce Falun Gong. The president and director of my hospital had conversations with me and demanded that I write the so-called Guarantee Statement. I said, "I benefited greatly, both physically and mentally, from practicing Falun Dafa. One should have a conscience. If someone helps you by giving you a drop of water, you should pay him back with a rushing stream." They had conversations with me one after another and said that as long as I wrote the Guarantee Statement, even if I still practiced at home, I would be just fine. But no matter what they said to me, I refused to renounce Dafa, even if just on paper. At last, the director said: "If you continue to be this stubborn, we will have to hand you over to the higher level. By then, if they find books at your home, you would have to face severe consequences." Because there were practitioners who had their homes searched, I was afraid of being searched as well. Thus, I was forced to hand over two books.

On February 2, 2000, I went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Dafa and was sent back and "illegally detained" in a detention center. There were over 160 practitioners in that detention center. In my cell, there were over ten inmates and over 20 practitioners. It was very crowded. We had to sleep sideways at night. If you had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, there wouldn't be any room for you to sleep when you come back. I went on a hunger strike to demand my unconditional release. But they didn't pay attention to me and forcefully injected some unknown medicine into me and fellow practitioners. The guards brutally beat and persecuted practitioners. Some suffered the torture of "riding the airplane" for over 4 hours. I was tortured until I lost feeling in both my legs. I had to be dragged around. During hunger strikes, most practitioners were force-fed. The prison doctors and guards inserted big rubber tubes into practitioners' mouths. When the tube was withdrawn from the body, bloody liquid and food came out with it. They didn't change the tube, instead they threw it onto the floor, stepped on it and then inserted the same tube into another practitioner's mouth. For practitioners who refused to be force-fed, some were tortured by having their teeth pulled out, and some had a mouthful of blood. My throat was injured during force-feeding. I wasn't able to talk for over 10 days. My throat and ears bothered me so much that I couldn't sleep at night. I even had to lie down with others' help. Due to continuing our hunger strike, the guards tied me and another two other practitioners together using a 50+ pound shackle. It was New Year in 2000. My mother couldn't stand the trauma of my being detained and was hospitalized. My family demanded the police station to release me. At last, after being detained for 55 days, I was released. But the police took it as an opportunity to extort 3,600 yuan from my family.

On June 13, 2000, the 610 Office personnel at work came to have a talk with me. They sent me to Hongxinglong Detention Center in Shuangyashan City due to my refusing to write the so-called Guarantee Statement. In the detention center, they saw me practicing the exercises. So they poured water over me, my bed and blankets. It was raining those days, so it was damp everywhere. There was a guard who was moved by practitioners' behavior and actions. After he learned the truth about Dafa and the persecution, he stopped participating in the persecution. But he was dismissed by the detention center. Another guard tried to prevent us from practicing. He put handcuffs on both my hands and he shackled me and a fellow practitioner together. We clarified the truth to him and also told him about the principle of good being rewarded with good and evil meeting with retribution. He stayed in the hallway for over 10 minutes and then came back and freed us from the handcuffs and shackles. With the help of my family and friends, I was released after being illegally detained for 10 days. Two years later, I learned that the detention center had extorted 3,200 yuan from my friends.

On December 19, 2002, I was illegally arrested by police who were hiding in a fellow practitioner's home. They took over 2,000 yuan in cash and my cell phone. After they took me to the police station, I asked why they had arrested me and told them that they were violating the law. I refused to answer their questions. The police locked me to the back of a chair. They put Master's pictures on the chair and on the floor and forced me to sit on it. They moved my feet to step on it. I firmly demanded that they stop their wicked actions and told them of the principle of karmic retribution. At around midnight, I was sent to the detention center. Then they moved me to Dongfeng Police Station, where many practitioners were being persecuted. The police locked me to a metal chair and tied my hands and feet to the chair. They took turns every two hours to interrogate me and didn't allow me to rest. They asked me who made the truth-clarification materials, who printed them, where the materials production sites were, etc. I refused to answer them. A guard with the last name of Teng started cursing at me loudly and beat me brutally. After two days of interrogation, they didn't get anything they had expected. They sent me back to the detention center. Having gone through severe mental and physical torture, I went into a coma. When I woke up, I had been injected with some unknown medicine. I pulled out the needles and passed out again. Later, I was woken up by shouts. I was surrounded by police. I asked that I be released unconditionally. But the detention center declined my request. My parents were both over 70 years old. They couldn't stand the mental anguish again and again. They were ill. My weak mother went to the police station to demand my release. She passed out there. Police didn't dare to use the 110 police car [110 is the emergency dispatch number, similar to 911 in the US] because they were afraid of the impact it would have. So they drove an unmarked police car and dropped my mother off in the hallway of a hospital and left immediately. Due to my family's constant requests, I was released after two months. This time, they extorted 10,000 yuan from my family.

On October 23, 2003, when I went to visit fellow practitioners, I was arrested by Chen Yongde, the head of the National Security Section of the City Police Department. A fellow practitioner couldn't stand the torture and told them my name. The guards knew that I had contact with Wang Jiping (they was searching for Wang Jiping everywhere at that time). They shackled me to a metal chair. They tightly locked my hands and feet to the chair and interrogated me about the whereabouts of Wang Jiping. I refused to tell them anything. The guards then poured water on my head and my body. After beating me brutally, they turned the chair over and hung me upside down. My whole body weight resided on my tightly tied feet, hands and neck. It hurt badly. One of the guards claimed that he was an expert in dealing with death row prisoners. He was able to even make them talk. The guards didn't stop torturing me until my face was badly swollen. I could hardly open my eyes and kept throwing up.

The guards found my current address from my child's school records. They planned to stay there to arrest other practitioners. I was afraid of more practitioners being caught (by then, there were already over 10 practitioners arrested). I was deceived by the police's lies. At that time, there were two army officials from Shenyang Military Region in my presence. They and two other police officers promised me that as soon as they found Wang Jiping, they would let him go home from the military and would release everybody who was arrested due to this. I thought that they were all high ranking military officials, and so they would be credible. So I led them to find Wang Jiping. But on the second day, they took Wang Jiping to Shenyang City. I was shocked by the news. This completely exposed the Chinese Communist Party's (CCP) evil nature.

In the past several years, every time there was a national holiday, or so-called "sensitive date," police from the police stations would harass practitioners by making phone calls or coming to their homes and arresting them for no reason. This makes practitioners' families so worried that some practitioners have even started using secret signals to alert their families when they go home. And every time they go out, they are always nervous. Neither practitioners, their families, nor the whole country, can live peacefully until the CCP dissolves.