Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Our Consciences Must Speak Up Against CCP Crimes (Photos)

January 13, 2006 |   By He Yu

(Clearwisdom.net) To keep the persecution going, Zeng Qinghong and Luo Gan, former president Jiang Zemin's cohorts still in power in the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), have been using special agents and manipulated the judicial and police departments to carry out a new round of persecution against Falun Gong practitioners. This began in August 2005. They arrested a large number of practitioners. Violent torture, murder of practitioners, and the sexual assault of female practitioners are widespread. Despite the information blockade, the deaths of 49 practitioners were confirmed in October and November 2005. At least 2,791 practitioners have died in the persecution that was launched by Jiang's regime on July 20, 1999.

The following are some of the brutal cases reported in October and November. This is only the tip of the iceberg of the crimes that Jiang and his faction have committed against innocent Falun Gong practitioners.

Death Certificate Issued for a Live Person

At about 5:00 p.m. on October 25, 2005, in the village of Nantao, Chengliu Town, Jiyuan City, police officers surrounded a villager's house, and a middle-aged man was arrested. The village party cadre was forced to sign a death certificate for him. Police officers savagely beat him to death on the way to the crematorium. Two days after his death, his eyes and mouth were still wide open and his body and face were full of signs of a violent assault.

Practitioner Yuan Shengjun

The gentleman was Mr. Yuan Shengjun, a 42-year-old practitioner from Jiyuan City, Henan Province. On October 7, 2005, he was illegally sentenced by the local court to six years in prison without any evidence of a crime. Mr. Yuan went on a hunger strike for several days to protest. While he was in the People's Hospital, he managed to escape to Nantao village and later suffered the tragic illegal arrest and death.

Yuan Shenjun was a teacher, a lawyer, and an engineer. He held the position of assistant general manager to a conglomerate and was the director of Jiyuan City Commodity Bureau. He had heart problems and high blood pressure for years, but after he began practicing Falun Gong in 1997, he regained his health. Mr. Yuan remained healthy for the past eight years. He conducted his daily life following the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, never complained about his heavy workload, and was honest and deeply respected by his fellow citizens.

After Jiang's regime began the persecution, Mr. Yuan wrote a letter to Jiang, then general-secretary of the CCP, to publicly appeal for justice for Falun Gong. He wrote the letter in November, 2000. He was terminated from his job by the Jiyuan City 610 Office and was sentenced to three years in prison. During his imprisonment in Jiyuan Detention Center and Zhengzhou Prison, Yuan Shenjun was physically abused, and was also tortured with brainwashing.

On March 30, 2005 at 11:30 a.m., Wang Mingli, the local unit captain of Jiyuan National Security Office, Wang Guoyou, the military political commissioner; and personnel from the 610 Office broke into Mr. Yuan's home and illegally searched his house. Even though they could not find evidence of any wrongdoing, he was still sent to Jiyuan Detention Center. At the center, Mr. Yuan went on a hunger strike to protest the illegal arrest, and on the eighth day of his hunger strike he was transferred to the First People's Hospital for force-feeding. On April 29, the Jiyuan Police Department illegally issued an official arrest warrant and rejected any visitation requests from his family.

At the detention center, Mr. Yuan shared his cultivation practice experience with the guards and clarified the truth about the persecution of Falun Gong to them. He urged them to be good persons with conscience. The guards were very touched and thought that the CCP was truly wicked for arresting and trying to "transform" such a good person. As a result, the Jiyuan 610 Office brought in many new guards, and every few days, the guards were changed to prevent them from being transformed into people with conscience.

On October 7, 2005 after being detained for six months, Yuan Shenjun was sentenced to six years in prison in a secret court ruling.

He was brutally beaten to death two weeks later. Before his family had a chance to see his body, they cremated his body and gave his ashes to his 80-year-old mother, his wife, and a 13-year-old son.

(See reports in Chinese at http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2005/10/30/113436.html and in English at http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2005/11/3/66488.html.)

Mother and Son Tortured to Death within Two Weeks of Each Other

On October 28, 2005, practitioner Ms. Wang Shouhui and her son, Mr. Liu Boyang were illegally arrested by police officers from Kuancheng district Police Department, where they were brutally tortured. Mr. Liu Boyang was tortured to death that night. In less than two weeks, without knowing of her son's death, Wang Shouhui was also tortured to death.

Ms. Wang Shouhui, 57, was an employee of the Songjia Neighborhood Administration in Changchun City. Her only son, Mr. Liu Boyang, 28, was a doctor employed in the CT department of Qianwei Hospital in Changchun City. Liu Boyang was a very kind young man. He won a merit award every year at his workplace. His colleagues are saddened by his death.

Ms. Wang Shouhui's family of three (her husband, her son, and herself) started practicing Falun Dafa in 1995. After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, they were constantly harassed by personnel from Zhengyang Police Station and Zhengyang Neighborhood Administration. (in Luyuan District, Changchun City)

Ms. Wang was detained and sent to a forced labor camp in October 1999, and again in February 2000, because she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. She was shocked with electric batons eight times in Heizuizi Labor Camp, and she was not allowed to sleep for five consecutive days, all the while doing heavy labor. Ms.Wang was tied onto the death bed several times. Once she was tied on a bed and shocked with two electric batons for more than an hour. Her face and body were burned severely, and she was only released when she appeared to be dying.

On April 11, 2002, while Wang Shouhui was walking along the street, she was arrested by police from Zhengyang Local Station in Luyuan District. Later, the police from the First Division of Changchun City Police Department blindfolded her and took her to Changchun City Jingyuetan's Jingyue Mountain for interrogation. During this period, Ms. Wang was forced to sit on a tiger bench for two days. She was shocked on her breasts with two electric batons at the same time. Three men punched her face, chest, and back, and pulverized her cheekbone, causing her to vomit large amounts of blood. Later, her lung became infected and she was sent to the Police Hospital. Wang Shouhui was forced to take infusions while both her arms and legs were tied to a bed. She was not allowed to go to the bathroom. They put a catheter into her, and caused her urinary incontinence due to improper care of the catheter

On June 27, 2002, Ms. Wang Shouhui's family of three was again taken to the Zhengyang Police Station by the Political Security Section of Luyuan District Police Department, where Ms. Wang Shouhui was tied up tightly for a whole night. Later, she was illegally held in the Changchun City Third Detention Center. They chained her handcuffs and shackles together for 18 days, and brutally force-fed her for a month. Ms. Wang was later sent to the Police Hospital of Jilin Province again, where they tied her arms and legs to a bed, gave her infusions and force-fed her for more than 30 days. Only when she was very close to death did they release her. In the Zhengyang Local Police Station, police officers brutally tortured Mr.Liu Boyang. They punched and kicked him, slapped his face with shoes, tied him with ropes, covered his head with a plastic bag, and, tortured him with the "Big Hang Up" (handcuffed his arms behind his back, hung him up in the air and swung his body while pulling his feet downwards). At that time, Yuan Dachuan, a male guard, announced: "I have already tortured a few Falun Gong practitioners to death, and I do not need to bear any responsibility if I kill you!"

On October 29, 2002, Liu Boyang was sent to Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City for two years. In cold December, the guards made him sit on the icy-cold cement floor for an entire day, deprived him of sleep at night, and subjected him to brainwashing during the day. Mr. Liu was supposed to be released in June 2004, but the forced labor camp extended his term for 47 more days because Liu Boyang refused to give up his belief in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance.

On the afternoon of October 28, 2005, Mr. Liu Boyang and his mother Ms.Wang Shouhui were followed and arrested when they were delivering informational materials to a practitioner's home. They were detained at Kuancheng District Police Department. The police tortured both of them, and Liu Boyang was tortured to death that night. Three days later, the police in District Police Department notified his family of his death and said that Mr. Liu committed suicide by jumping off the building. The family members inquired about the responsible party for his death. Later, the body examination showed that Mr. Liu had three wounds on his head caused by a heavy object from three directions. His legs and ribs were all fractured, and his lungs were filled with blood. On October 28, the temperature was below freezing in Changchun City, and all the windows should have been shut tightly. It was inconceivable for Liu Boyang to open the window and jump out of the building with handcuffs on. It is likely that he was beaten to death by a heavy object and then was thrown down from the building.

On October 28, Wang Shouhui was transferred to Shuangyang Detention Center after being interrogated. On November 10, 2005, her family received a phone call saying that Ms. Wang had died in the China-Japan Friendship Hospital from a heart attack. The body of Wang Shouhui has not been examined so far, but it is clear that her eyes are badly bruised, and old blood remains in her left ear.

(See reports in Chinese at http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2005/11/23/115086.html and in English at http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2005/11/28/67322.html.)

Middle School Teacher Beaten to Death at a Store

On October 17, 2005, practitioner Mr. Fei Weidong, a teacher at the No. 1 Middle School in Jiujiang County, Jiangxi Province clarified the truth when he was shopping for a motorcycle at a store. The shop owner turned him in. The police arrived and closed the shutters of the shop, and then they beat Fei Weidong to death.

According to witnesses, police officers savagely beat him. There was a large hole on each of Fei Weidong's temples and all of his front teeth were knocked out. An autopsy was performed and the body was cremated soon afterwards. Mr. Fei's ashes were returned to his family. The authorities claimed that he died from heart disease. They refused the family the right to make inquiries.

Mr. Fei Weidong had been detained many times for practicing Falun Gong. When he was detained in Majialong Forced Labor Camp in Jiujiang City, the inmates who were arranged by the labor camp to monitor him forced him to kneel on tungsten filament clapboard because he refused to read Falun Gong-slandering books. The inmates did not allow him to use the restroom. He had to perform heavy labor during the day. Mr. Fei was forced to stand against a wall with his feet close together and his eyes open for two nights.

(See reports in Chinese at http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2005/12/1/115590.html and in English at http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2005/12/8/67693.html.)

Sexual Assault by a Policeman in Hebei Province

While a group of investigators from the United Nations was investigating torture in China, police from Dongchengfang Town Police Station, Zhuozhou City, Hebei Province, arrested two practitioners, Ms. Liu Jizhi, 51, and Ms. Han Yuzhi, 42 , from their homes in Xituan Village, Dongchengfang Town on November 24, 2005. Police officer He Xuejian sexually assaulted Ms. Liu Jizhi and Ms. Han Yuzhi during the "official investigation." at Dongchengfang Town Police Station,

Ms. Liu Jizhi 51 , suffered from brutal beating and rape. Her hips and thighs were severely bruised
Dongchengfang Town Police Station in Zhuozhou City

Ms. Liu Jizhi and her husband Wei Xiliang, 48, have two daughters, and they are both students -- one is 19 and one is 17. Before Ms. Liu Jizhi started practicing Falun Gong in 1999, she suffered from several illnesses. She was particularly tormented by a lumbar disc protrusion. As a result, she could not get out of her bed and had a bad temper. She was able to do housework after she started practicing Falun Gong for one month. Her family became very happy and harmonious. Since the CCP started persecuting Falun Gong, the police often harassed Ms. Liu and her family at home. Before each "politically sensitive day," the police took her to the local government's complex, and asked her repeatedly to pay a fine. Before the sexual assault, the police shouted at her, "If you dare to practice Falun Gong again, we will keep collecting fines until you are bankrupt!"

Around 8:00 p.m., November 24, 2005, while Ms. Liu Jizhi was alone at home with the doors locked, six to seven police officers climbed over the wall and broke into her home. They held her to the ground while ransacking her home and left nothing unturned. They did not comply with the law to show Ms. Liu their police identifications or a search warrant. That night, Ms. Liu was first brought to the village's brigade, and then was transferred to the police station. Practitioners Han Yuzhi, Wei Baoliang, and Wang Helin from her village were arrested along with her.

Ms. Liu was interrogated by director Xing, policemen He Xuejian and another officer at Dongchengfang Town Police Station. They asked, "How many people are practicing Falun Gong in your village?" When Ms. Liu replied, "I don't know," the police immediately jumped in and brutally beat her. They also made her squat with her arms stretched out in front of her chest. Then they beat her with electric batons and night sticks, forced her to stand up with her knees slightly bent as shown in the top middle photograph. While she was in that position, they kicked her from behind, and caused her to collapse to the ground. After repeated physical abuse, Ms. Liu's hips, thighs and many areas on her body were severely bruised and injured. One police officer even groped her and asked her in a lewd manner, "Do you think I am being a thug?"

Around 2:00 p.m., November 25, 2005, police officer, He Xuejian, took Ms. Liu to a room with two beds. Police officer Wang Zengjun was lying on one of the beds. Police officer Wangin, in his 40's, was also in the room. He Xuejian savagely beat Ms. Liu as soon as they entered the room. Next he pressed her against a bed and started groping her breasts. Then he lifted her blouse up and shocked her breasts with an electric baton. While watching the sparks from the baton, He Xuejian repeatedly commented, "This is fun! This is fun!" Officer Wang watched and said fiercely, "Beat her up! Beat her up good!" Then he left the room.

While struggling, Ms. Liu pleaded, "I am asking this for your own good--don't do this to me! You are a police officer! You must not commit such a crime! This is totally wrong! You are a young man! I am an old woman. Please spare me." Despite Ms. Liu's plea and struggle, He Xuejian savagely slapped her face, ruthlessly pinched her neck, and raped her. Meanwhile, officer Wang Zengjun watched quietly. He turned a few times on the bed, but did nothing to stop the assault.

After that, He Xuejian also raped 42-year-old Ms. Han Yuzhi.

That night, He Xujian (still in police uniform) took Ms. Liu around in the police station looking for a room to rape her again. Eventually he gave up the idea because there were people in every room.

The police kept Ms. Liu until the next day when her husband returned home and borrowed 3,000 yuan to pay the fine.

Liu Jizhi survived this attack with great difficulty. She said, "I am a decent woman. And I have parents and children. How can I live with dignity! If my Master had not mentioned that it is a sin to commit suicide, I would have left this world." In order to prevent other women from suffering what she experienced, Liu Jizhi bravely stood up to expose the persecution.

(See reports in Chinese at http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2005/12/1/115621.html and in English at http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2005/12/1/67457.html.)

Please Extend Compassion and Justice to Help Those Who Are Suffering

In the wave of the global condemnation and calls to end the persecution, Jiang's regime is having difficulty continuing the persecution. Jiang's remaining force, however, is still pushing its policies of "Torturing practitioners as they see fit, beating practitioners to death is considered as suicide, and cremating their bodies directly without investigating the causes." The evil nature of the CCP continuously displays itself through violence and terrifying crimes.

Facing such heartbreaking events, how can we allow ourselves to be silent? Even if we cannot have the courage like that of Chinese Attorney Gao Zhisheng, who wrote open letters to Hu Jingtao and Wen Jiabao to call for a stop to the persecution of Falun Gong, at least we can offer justice from our hearts: Stop the brutality!

Only when everyone's conscience, morality, and sense of justice awaken will this brutality be condemned, will the persecution end, and will humanity truly regain dignity.