Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Four Older Practitioners Die From Persecution in Hebei, Hunan and Jilin Provinces (Photo)

August 18, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Di Zhenjin, 78, was a Falun Gong practitioner in Kuancheng County, Hebei Province. He had previously suffered a stroke and was very frail in health. He quickly regained his health after practicing Falun Gong in March 1997. He did not feel tired after working, and felt like a young man again. After the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and Jiang's regime started persecuting Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, the police often broke into and ransacked his home, confiscating Falun Gong books and harassing him and his family. Di Zhenjin persisted in clarifying the truth to people and validating the Fa. In May 2002, around a dozen deputies from the Kuancheng County Public Security Bureau and the Tangdaohe Township Police Station suddenly broke into his house, ransacked the rooms, seized the books and truth clarification materials, and arrested Zhenjin, taking him to the township police station for interrogations. They detained him at the detention center afterwards for further torture. Zhenjin suffered severe mental duress, followed by abdominal pain and blood in his stools. Under constant harassment, surveillance and coercion, he died on July 21, 2005.

Zhou Shuying

Ms. Zhou Shuying, 84, lived at #124 building, The Jiangdong District 165th Hospital of Hengyang City, Hunan Province. She suffered from seven ailments, including high blood pressure and heart disease, among other symptoms. After she started practicing Falun Gong in June 1998, all of her illnesses disappeared. After the evil CCP and Jiang's regime started persecuting Falun Gong in July 1999, she and her daughter went to Beijing to appeal against the persecution and to tell the truth in October 2000. They were abducted by the police while they spoke out for Falun Gong on Tiananmen Square. After they were released her daughter was abducted and taken again to the brainwashing class for an entire year, and Ms. Zhou lost her cultivation environment. Later, on many occasions, her daughter was arrested and taken to the local detention center, and the 610 Office officials at the Zhuhui District Police Station ransacked her home and confiscated all her Dafa books, lectures and practice tapes. Under these ordeals and high pressure persecution tactics her old ailments recurred. She died on May 12, 2003.

Mr. Dong Jinchang, 60, was a Falun Gong practitioner from Yumin Village, Yushu City, Jilin Province. The local officials arrested him back in September 2002, and savagely beat him at the local police station that day. He lost consciousness several times during the beating, and was later transferred to the Yushu City Detention Center. He frequently suffered brutal tortures at the detention center. He was released only after his physical condition deteriorated severely and the center officials were afraid that they would be held accountable. He never regained his health after returning home, and died around mid-July 2005.

Mr. Zhang Zhiyong, 69, was from Nanwazhai Village, Laishui County, Hebei Province. After the CCP started persecuting Falun Gong in 1999, the county, township and local brigade officials abducted his daughter and son, both Falun Gong practitioners. On top of that, those officials often came to his house to harass and terrorize him. Unable to cope with such peril, he died in September 2000.

August 1, 2005