Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Constantly Harassed and Pressured, an Older Woman from Hebei Province Died in 2002

July 28, 2005 |   By a Falun Dafa practitioner from Hebei Province

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Liu Yufang was a resident of Baoding City, Hebei Province. The local police tried to force her to curse Teacher Li and Falun Gong. When she refused, they beat her. On many occasions, Chinese Communist Party (CCP) members also harassed, insulted, and cursed her because she practiced Falun Gong. As a result of persecution by CCP perpetrators from the village, town, and county levels, Ms. Liu died on September 25, 2002. She was 95 years old.

Ms. Liu Yufang lived in Dongwanggezhuang Village, Nanxiaowang Town, Boye County, Baoding City, Hebei Province. She lived alone at one of her daughter's homes. Her daughter's family lived elsewhere. Ms. Liu used to suffer from many diseases such as heart problems and hypertension. Although she sought treatments from many doctors, her condition did not improve. In late June 1996, Ms. Liu began the practice of Falun Gong. On the first day she practiced, her body and mind felt great. Ever since then, she was able to take care of herself.

After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, Ms. Liu and her daughter were both threatened many times by officials from the town and county level for practicing Falun Gong. In November 1999, Ms. Liu's daughter went to take care of her mother-in-law. One evening at around 9:00 p.m., police officers led by the chief of Nanxiaowang Town Police Station broke into Ms. Liu's home to arrest her daughter. Because Ms. Liu was the only one at home at the time, they cursed and threatened her instead.

In December 2000, Ms. Liu's daughter came to visit her. At around 7:00 p.m. on December 30, the mayor and party secretary of Nanxiaowang Town, led by an official named Li from Dongwanggezhuang Village, broke into her home. Her daughter clarified the truth about Falun Dafa to them, but they would not listen to her. Instead, they surrounded the home, illegally ransacked it, and called in several dozen people from the town police station and county 610 Office. They all ransacked her home again and confiscated Teacher Li's pictures, some Dafa books, and a new video recorder with six blank cassette tapes. They also arrested Ms. Liu's daughter and illegally detained her for three months. Two days after the incident, they again ransacked Ms. Liu's home, this time extorting 3,000 yuan from her.

In July 2001, officials from the town police station came to her house and harassed her again. At the time, Ms. Liu was alone at home. They tried to force her to curse Teacher Li and Dafa. When she refused, they attacked, insulted, and cursed her. They also threatened to arrest her.

In April 2002, her daughter's family came to visit Ms. Liu. On April 23, before dawn, the town party secretary led about eight local police officers to the house and ransacked it. They claimed that the County Political and Judiciary Secretary had given the orders, but they did not show any document or permit.

Due to the continuous harassment, threats, and pressure from the village, town, and county levels, Ms. Liu Yufang died at the age of 95 on September 25, 2002.