Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Belated News: Mr. Liu Zhirong From Qingyang City, Gansu Province Sentenced to 15 Years in Prison for Disseminating the Truth

December 07, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Liu Zhirong was born in 1962. He was a teacher at Tuanjie Elementary School in the Xifeng District, Qingyang City, Gansu Province. He began the practice in 1995.

On December 4, 1999, Liu Zhirong and several other practitioners, including Xu Feng, went to Beijing to validate Dafa. After they returned to Qingyang City, they were illegally arrested. The police sent them to a detention center where they were held for more than 70 days. During this time period guard Zhen Xiang savagely beat them. Zhen Xiang was the main person in charge of persecuting Falun Gong at the National Security Division in the Xifeng District Police Department in Qingyang City. He verbally abused and also threatened, intimidated and beat almost all of the local practitioners who were arrested and sent to the police department. He has since been transferred to the Security Division of the Xifeng District Tobacco Company.

On the morning of April 10, 2000, Zhen Xiang went to the Tuanjie Elementary School and tricked Liu Zhirong into going to the police department with him. He detained Liu Zhirong. Practitioners Xu Zhenze, Li Ruihua, Jiao Lili, and Yao Qikui were also held at the police department at that time. In the afternoon, the practitioners were sent to a drug rehabilitation center and were locked in the same room as drug addicts. They were later taken to the Xifeng District where they were subjected to a public trial and were humiliated by being paraded through the streets in Xiaojin Town. During this "public trial," Liu Zhirong was sentenced to one year of forced labor. On April 25, he was sent to the Pingantai No. 1 Forced Labor Camp in Lanzhou City. His term was also extended by three months. He was released on July 1, 2001.

On April 28, 2002, Zhen Xiang and other police officers went to Mr. Liu Zhirong's place of employment and attempted to coerce him to submit to fingerprinting a document. Liu Zhirong refused and tried to leave, but he tripped and fell. The police officers pinned him to the ground. They then kicked him and stomped on him, and beat him with police batons. Mr. Liu Zhirong's head was covered in dirt. He was maneuvered into a police car as the police jostled, cursed, hit and kicked him.

At the same time, another group of police officers ransacked Liu Zhirong's home. No one was home, so the police requested instructions from Zhen Xiang. Zhen Xiang went to Liu Zhirong's home and ordered the officers to destroy the locks on the door. They broke several locks, barged inside and turned the home upside down. They even went through the garbage. They took many Dafa books, exercise tapes and music tapes.

Police officer Zhen Xiang has always been a roughneck and has never hesitated to throw punches and kick people. He put one foot on Liu Zhirong's chest while Liu Zhirong was lying on the ground and viciously cursed him. The other officers threw the arrest documents in front of Liu Zhirong and told him to fingerprint them in a half-kneeling position. Liu Zhirong firmly refused. Zhen Xiang savagely twisted Liu Zhirong's arm until it was severely sprained and he could not move it. Due to the excruciating pain, Liu Zhirong broke out in a cold sweat that soaked his shirt. Drops of sweat wetted the concrete ground around body.

On the afternoon of April 30, the police took Liu Zhirong to a detention center. Liu Zhirong said, "I'm not a criminal!" He held fast to the door and refused to enter. The police beat him and dragged him inside. He held a hunger strike and later lost consciousness. The police sentenced him to three years of forced labor. He was later transferred to a drug rehabilitation center. He protested and was brutally beaten. The guards carried him back to the detention center.

On the afternoon of July 28, 2002, Liu Zhirong left the detention center with the power of his righteous thoughts. The police searched for him and lived at his home for several days straight. They intimidated his wife Chang Xiuling to turn him over to the police, but she refused. The police followed and monitored his family. During the time Liu Zhirong lived away from home, he broadcast videos clarifying the truth about Falun Gong in Gansu Province. On October 25, 2002, he was sentenced to 15 years in prison at the Chengguan Court in Lanzhou City.

In late October 2003, Liu Zhirong was transferred to the Dashaping Prison in Lanzhou City. Because he refused to follow his guard's demands while being held in prison, he was incarcerated in solitary confinement. On December 25, 2003, he was transferred to the Dingxi Prison in Gansu Province to be further persecuted.