Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Yu Zhenghong's Family Exposes How She Was Persecuted to Death

December 13, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) My name is Zhou Chengsha and I live in Siqian Village, Songcun Town, Wendeng, Yantai City, Shandong Province. My wife, Yu Zhenghong, died as a result of the persecution on November 17, 2005.

Yu Zhenghong used to suffer from all kinds of illnesses. She was often sick for three months at a time. During such times she could not cook or work in the fields. I had to stay home to take care of her, cook and take care of our child. We spent all of our savings on various medical treatments, and as a result our life was very difficult.

After practicing Falun Gong in the summer of 1997, my wife became healthier each day. In time all of her previous illnesses were gone. She could do any amount of work she wanted, and could return to work in the factory. Life at home also improved. Previously, I insulted and beat people I didn't like. However, after practicing Falun Gong, I conducted myself according to the principles taught by our Teacher of Truth, Compassion, Forbearance, and this helped greatly to improve my moral character.

The good times didn't last though. After July 20, 1999, Falun Gong suffered a terrible wrong. One day in October 1999 around 10 p.m., Xing Shuwu and Yu Jincheng led a group of people from the Songcun Town Police Station to Wendeng. These people broke into our home and stole Master's picture and all of our Dafa materials. In addition, they illegally arrested my wife. They cuffed her to a chair in the freezing winter cold for 24 hours. I went to ask for her release, and they asked me to write a guarantee statement to promise that she would never practice Falun Gong again or appeal for Falun Gong. I wrote it against my better judgment, and I never saw my wife smile again.

In June 2000 my wife decided to go to Beijing to speak some words of justice for Master and Dafa. Li Yinglin and some other perpetrators at Wendeng Liaison Office in Beijing arrested her and took her back to Wendeng Custody Center, where she was beaten and insulted by the guards. She was detained there for 15 days and was then sent to Songcun Police Station in Wendeng. After dark, the village Party secretary forged a "guarantee statement" for her and then released her. On the next day, Xiang Hongping and other perpetrators tried to make my wife go to a brainwashing class held at the Songcun Movie Theatre. My wife firmly refused.

Later, during the fall harvest of the same year, Xiang Hongping and Yu Jincheng again came to my home and took my wife away. They held her at Wendeng Custody Center for more than half a month. Several days after she returned home, they arrested her again. She was held for more than ten days at the Songcun Movie Theatre. The authorities asked me to pay 3,000 yuan before they would release her. I borrowed 2,000 yuan and gave it to them, and then I took my wife home.

On the morning of June 1, 2001, (Children's Day in China) my wife told our child that she would do something special with him for the holiday after she got off work at noon. However, at noon someone brought her bike home and told me that more than ten 610 Office agents had arrested her on her way home from work. My child was supposed to enjoy this holiday, but he could not even see his mother. I felt terrible. My wife was taken to a brainwashing class held by Xiang Hongping, Bi Jianwei, Sang Hongbo and others. My wife was tortured until she had a relapse of her old illnesses. After I learned about this I went to the brainwashing class, and demanded that they release her. Their response was, "We are only in charge of detaining people; not releasing people. If anything happens to her, you can take your complaint to the government."

The Wendeng Bone Setting Hospital has been taking part in the persecution over the past six years. The lead doctor told the perpetrators that my wife was at risk and she would die soon if she was kept at the hospital. They then released her.

When I carried my wife out of the hospital on my back, she had but a breath of life left, but she was revived through practicing Falun Dafa. Before the October 1 holiday, she was just able to go to work again when a dozen agents from the Wendeng 610 Office and the police department again ransacked our house and took all of our Dafa books. My wife left home and lived in exile to avoid another arrest.

In September 2003 they found her and ransacked her temporary residence. They took her back to Wendeng Custody Center. She held a hunger strike. On the fourth day they took her to Wendeng Bone Setting Hospital to force-feed her. On the eighth day they sentenced her to two years of forced labor. She was sent to Jinan City, but she was too weak and the labor camp refused to take her. The labor camp in Zibo City also refused to take her. They had no choice but to let her go home. Still, they constantly harassed us at our home.

Around 6:30 a.m. on September 27, a dozen agents from Wendeng 610 Office, including Liu, Xiang Hongping and Sun Guohai, ransacked our home and took my wife. They sent her to Wendeng Detention Center. They used despicable means to attempt to force her to give up practicing Dafa, and she held a hunger strike. She was taken to the same hospital again on the 12th day to be force-fed. On the 14th day she was tortured to the brink of death and then transferred to Wendeng Central Hospital. The hospital staff asked to locate her family, but the 610 Office agents denied their request. After a medical exam, my wife was diagnosed with high blood pressure and severe heart disease. On the 15th day they were afraid she would die at Wendeng Detention Center, so they released her. My wife never recovered, and she passed away around 10 p.m. on November 17, 2005 (at the age of 43).

Jiang Daimin (secretary of Wendeng Party Committee), Wendeng Police Department 610 Office (currently called the Wendeng National Security Bureau), and police officers Xiang Hongping and Sun Guohai are undeniably responsible for the death of Yu Zhenghong. We, the family of Yu Zhenghong, will seek justice by holding the related persons legally responsible for their actions.