Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Two Practitioners Filed a Lawsuit Against Jiang in 2000: One Died from Torture, the Other Was Sentenced to Prison, Part 1 (Photo)

January 08, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) In August 2000, two Falun Gong practitioners mailed a legal complaint to the Supreme People's Procuratorate of China in Beijing, charging that Jiang Zemin, Luo Gan, and Zeng Qinghong had illegally banned and persecuted Falun Gong. After interviewing the supporters and others through multiple channels, Clearwisdom has learned that the defendants, Jiang Zemin and Luo Gan, issued an order to arrest the plaintiffs after the legal complaint arrived at the Supreme People's Procuratorate of China via registered mail. Two weeks after they submitted the complaint, the two plaintiffs were arrested in Beijing. One of them, Beijing resident Wang Jie, was tortured to death in 2001. Hong Kong resident Zhu Keming has been secretly sentenced to a five-year prison term and detained in Tianjin's Chading Prison.

The process of submitting the complaint

Those close to the case confirmed during our investigation that after the full-scale persecution of Falun Dafa was launched in 1999, many Falun Gong practitioners began distributing flyers that clarified the truth, and appealing to help people to get to know the truth. They also attempted to stop the persecution through legal channels and the United Nations. Zhu Keming and Wang Jie bought law books in bookstores and searched for legal background information, wrote down the facts of their complaints and their reasons. They finished the legal complaint to the Supreme People's Procuratorate of China in July of 2000.

On August 25, 2000, Zhu Keming and Wang Jie mailed their legal complaint to the Supreme People's Procuratorate of China from a post office on Changan Street in Beijing. They stated that Jiang Zemin, Luo Gan, and Zeng Qinghong persecuted Falun Gong, and this "seriously damaged the nation's reputation and the social morality, and had damaged the state system, Constitution, and law." Jiang Zemin was then the President of the People's Republic of China, the General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China, and the Head of the Chinese Military Commission. Luo Gan was a State Councilor for the People's Republic of China and Secretary of the Political and Judiciary Committee at that time. Zeng Qinghong was a member of the Political Bureau of the People's Republic of China, the Secretary of the Secretariat and Director of the Ministry of Organization at that time. (Minghui, the Chinese version of Clearwisdom, published the wording of the legal complaint on September 28, 2000)

The process of the plaintiffs being arrested

About 11:00 p.m. on September 7, which was two weeks after the complaint was mailed out via registered mail, more than 20 plainclothes policemen came upstairs and surrounded Zhu Keming and Wang Jie's rented apartment. Both of them were there at the time. Because the police had found out who Zhu Keming was based on his name and that he had worked as a manager in Beijing's Yanshan Petroleum Trade Company, he was listed as the primary arrest target. He was handcuffed and thrown into the vehicle parked downstairs.

Thousands of people with the name "Wang Jie" live in Beijing. The policemen weren't sure which "Wang Jie" had signed the legal complaint. But since Wang Jie was at the scene and answered truthfully when the policemen asked his name, he was handcuffed and taken away, too.

It was confirmed that the policemen who went to arrest Zhu Keming came from the Haiding District and Fangshan District in Beijing. One of the Haiding policemen was a deputy director.

Wang Jie's Encounters

Wang Jie

After Zhu Keming and Wang Jie were arrested on September 7, no more information about them could be discovered. Local Falun Gong practitioners and their friends inquired about them through many different channels and learned that "it was Jiang Zemin and Luo Gan who personally ordered it," and that "nobody is allowed to ask about or plead for them." After the two were arrested, there was no interrogation, they were simply beaten severely and tortured. But both of them were fearless and refused to give in. Wang Jie, a Chinese citizen, was tortured even more severely.

On November 30, 2000, the East-West Integration Hospital in Beijing wrote in the medical certificate for Wang Jie (Patient case 53791), "Hospitalized between November 24, 2000 and November 30, 2000 for a total of seven days. Diagnosis at discharge: "chronic kidney malfunction, chronic glomerulo-nephritis." At that time Wang Jie's weight had dropped to 50 kilograms from the 70 kilograms he weighed at his arrest.

On November 30, 2000, Wang Jie's family received a notice to take him home for "release upon bail pending trial." According to insiders, Wang Jie had lost consciousness at that time, had no control over his urine and bowels and needed kidney dialysis every other day. Clearwisdom.net reporters saw another hospital receipt stating that Wang Jie was admitted to the Beijing Friendship Hospital affiliated with the Capital Medical College for 16 days between November 30, 2000 and December 16, 2000 (hospitalization number 430027). The total hospitalization cost was 9,806.98 yuan, most of it for kidney dialysis.

When Wang Jie was in the Beijing Friendship Hospital, the police monitored him daily. Wang Jie's health did not improve. He did not speak, either. Later, the police agreed to have his family take him home and treat him with Chinese herbs. The condition [for home care] was "pending trial," so that they could take him back for further persecution when he was in better condition.

After he was home, Wang Jie's health improved somewhat, but he could not move or walk. When his family asked him what he had suffered in the jail, he replied with nothing but tears.

The second half of April 2001, Wang Jie arrived overseas, traveling through many areas with the help of kind-hearted people. On May 2, 2001, some practitioners found that Wang Jie showed signs of memory loss, had breathing difficulties and was extremely weak. He wasn't able to practice the Falun Gong exercises or study the Fa.

Some overseas Falun Gong practitioners showed Wang Jie some Minghui articles that recorded how other Dafa practitioners were tortured. One day, Wang Jie suddenly opened his mouth and said, "I endured all of these." The articles recorded how the practitioners were force-fed water, burned with cigarettes, tortured in cold weather and beaten.

A witness at that time told the reporter that one of Wang Jie's anklebones was exposed because of the shackles, and it took a long time for the wound to heal.

Wang Jie confirmed that one of the tortures that the policemen liked to use was to wrap the victims up in something and then beat them. This way, no injuries were visible on the surface.

After he came overseas, Wang Jie asked a practitioner, "Do you know Zhazidong? I have suffered all of the tortures in Zhazidong."

A friend asked Wang Jie, "Wang Jie, what hurt you the most?" Wang Jie answered, "When the policeman used his knee to attack my kidney area." After Wang Jie arrived in the Fangshan Detention Center he endured daily, brutal beatings. The policemen followed Jiang Zemin's orders. They had no intention of asking him anything. They just cruelly beat Wang Jie. After a policeman forcefully hit Wang Jie's kidney area with his knee, Wang Jie fainted and remained unconscious for a month. He finally came to after emergency treatment.

During his last days Wang Jie often had abnormal sweating and vomited blood. Sometimes after he had a couple of bites of food, he would vomit blood that shot out over one or two meters. The blood was like tomato juice. Wang Jie was extremely weak. To maintain his breathing ability at night, he had to slowly remove his underwear to relieve him from the tiny pressure the elastic around his waist caused.. But he silently endured all of this pain with a strong will. Once, after they had read stories how cultivators in the past had suffered, Wang Jie expressed, "What could be the worst thing that might happen? Just giving this physical body to them (the persecutors)."

Speaking about this, the practitioners who had an opportunity to talk to Wang Jie at that time were quite sad, saying, "I didn't understand. Otherwise I would've asked him to take a higher ground and proactively deny the persecution instead of blindly enduring it."

On the night of June 18, 2001, Wang Jie fell to the floor in the washroom and silently passed away. He was 38.

(To be continued)

January 1, 2005