Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Cases of Persecution Against Falun Gong Practitioners in Daqing City's Xinhua Electric Power Plant, Heilongjiang Province

July 11, 2004 |   Written by a Falun Dafa practitioner in Daqing City

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Deng Jianmei is 36 years old. She started practicing Falun Dafa in 1995. In October 2000, she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong but was illegally arrested and detained at Daqing City's Datong Detention Center for a month. After her release, the lawless officials at her workplace dismissed her from her job. In May 2001, the Plant Party Secretary, Liu Wenhua, had a private talk with her. The specific subject of the talk was unknown, but Ms. Deng was forced to leave home the next day in order to avoid further persecution. In 2003, she was illegally arrested at a Dafa materials production site in Longnan, Daqing City, and was sentenced to seven years in prison. Ms. Deng Jianmei is now imprisoned at the Heilongjiang Province's Woman Prison.

Mr. Wang Hongde is 54 years old. He started practicing Falun Gong in 1997. In March 2000, he was illegally arrested at his home by policeman Liu Dianzheng for no reason, and was illegally detained for 15 days. In February 2001, near the time of the Chinese Spring Festival, Liu Dianzheng phoned him and asked him if he was planning any trips. Mr. Wang said he was going to Beijing to pick up his son and take him home. Liu Dianzheng then illegally arrested him again because of his answer (he thought Mr. Wang Dehong was going to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong.) Later, Mr. Wang Dehong had to leave home and become homeless to avoid further persecution. On April 26, 2002, because he had written letters on behalf of Falun Gong to the Hebei Provincial Party Committee Secretary, the Military Region Commander and the Mayor of Tianjin City, he was again illegally arrested by the police from Yutian County, Hebei Province and was sentenced to five years in prison.

When Mr. Wang Hongde was in Hebei Province, he invested in a business of planting seedlings, and had signed a contract. But the Yutian County Police Department denied his family members the right to live there and manage the business, even though they had a signed contract, simply because they had a family member practicing Falun Gong. As a result, the family lost over a hundred thousand Yuan (1).

Mr. Wang Hongde signed a contract with a health food company in Beijing to recycle potted plants, and rented a greenhouse in Hebei Province to plant cactus. But because he practices Falun Gong, the company wouldn't fulfill the contract, and refused to accept the recycled goods. After he was forced to transfer the business to another person's name, the company still refused to accept the goods. His losses totaled over 20,000 Yuan.

When Mr. Wang and his wife were illegally arrested, the police from the Yutian Police Department confiscated all of their personal savings, totaling over 11,000 Yuan, found in his home [due to the unstable banking system in China it is quite common for families to keep their personal savings at home]. When he refused to sign the paper handing over the money, Mr. Wang was beaten up by the police.

Ms. Guo Yuling was 47 years old. She was a retired worker from Daqing City's Xinhua Electric Power Plant. She used to have high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes and many other illnesses. Since she started practicing Falun Gong in 1998, she became very healthy and never received any medical treatment or took any medicine. She was illegally arrested on May 26, 2002, and was illegally sentenced to two years of forced labor. Because she showed symptoms of high blood pressure at that time, the Harbin City Drug Control Center refused to accept her. Ms. Guo sent forth righteous thoughts and broke out of the evil den and returned home safely.

However, Ms. Guo faced a new round of persecution at home. The plant announced "File 58," demanding that all those who practice or have practiced Falun Gong must write a so-called "three statements," which are guarantee statements to promise not to practice Falun Gong anymore. Employees were supposed to write the statements before they were allowed to go back to work. Those who refused would not only be dismissed from their jobs, but their relatives would be dismissed too and have to stay home to "help" them. The plant authorities withheld Ms. Guo's retirement pension completely. Her child had to quit school because of illness. Her husband was forced to quit his job because she wouldn't write the "statements." Her husband was very angry with her, and strictly monitored her at home and did not let her study the Falun Dafa teachings or practice the exercises. He also beat her and threatened her if he found her studying or practicing the exercises. In July 2002, Ms. Guo was hospitalized with a cerebral hemorrhage and died on May 4, 2004.

Mr. Zhou Guangchun is 49 years old. He started practicing Falun Dafa in April 1996. On July 20, 1999, he was illegally arrested by the police, and was illegally detained for one day. On March 8, 2000, he was illegally arrested again and was illegally detained for 38 days. On October 1, 2002, Mr. Zhou was illegally detained for the third time in 15 days. He was dismissed from his job. On April 12, 2002, Zhou Guangchun was illegally arrested for the fourth time. After his release, he had to leave home and become homeless to avoid further persecution. He was illegally arrested for the fifth time on April 26 in Yutian, Hebei Province, and was unlawfully sentenced to two years of forced labor.

Mr. Meng Zhaohua is 70 years old. He started practicing Falun gong in 1995. The plant issued "File 58" to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. He did not cooperate with the evil persecution and refused to write the so-called "three statements," and refused to give up practicing Falun Dafa. His relatives blamed him and attacked him. His only daughter-in-law was laid off of work, and three months of her salary was withheld by her workplace. The director of the plant had private talks with Mr. Meng Zhaohua, and threatened to send him to a brainwashing center.

Ms. Su Changxia's son was denied entrance into the military and lost the opportunity of landing a permanent job because Ms. Su practices Falun Gong. She was transferred from her previous position as an accountant and forced to work in the company as a cleaning woman. Her daily job was cleaning the bathrooms and draining the sewer. Later on she was transferred to the cafeteria to cook for her former co-workers.

Ms. Li Shuhua's son-in-law was not allowed to join the Party or be promoted in his job because Ms. Li practices Falun Gong.


(1) Yuan is the Chinese currency; 500 Yuan is equal to the average monthly income for an urban worker in China.

June 19, 2004