Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Hao Guanglan from Jinan City, Shandong Province Suffered a Mental Collapse from Torture and Died in 2001

December 14, 2004 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner, Ms. Hao Guanglan, from Jinan City, Shandong Province, was arrested and sent to the Wangcun Labor Camp on November 5, 2000. She suffered a mental collapse due to psychological and physical tortures, and died after falling out of a building on December 5, 2001.

Ms. Hao Guanglan retired early from the Quality Control Department of the Jinan City No.3520 Factory in Shandong Province. She benefited from practicing Falun Gong both mentally and physically. She traveled with her sister, Hao Guangju to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Gong in October 2000. They were both arrested and returned to Jinan, where they both were sentenced to three years in a labor camp.

Ms. Hao Guanglan was sent to the First Ward, Fourth Branch of the Wangcun Labor Camp (now the Shandong Provincial Second Women's Labor Camp) on November 5, 2000, and her sister Hao Guangju was sent to the Fourth Ward of the Fourth Branch of the Wangcun Labor Camp on November 7, 2000. The guards would not allow them to practice the exercises or recite their scriptures. They would force them to sit motionless from 5 AM to 11 PM every day. They had very limited use of the toilets, because of the long waiting lines, and frequently had to return without using them. Many practitioners were sent to "Strictly Monitored Cells" because they refused to give up their faith. They were injured by electric baton shocks, to the extent that they could not tie their pants after using the toilet. Others could not wear socks during the winter because their feet were too swollen, and they had open sores. Their skin also hardened and cracked. The guards would not allow practitioners who refused to write the Three Statements (1) to sleep for extended periods of time. Some practitioners were handcuffed to the window frame, and stood hanging there the entire day, causing their feet to become too swollen to walk.

Ms. Hao was tortured until she suffered from a mental collapse. On March 16, 2001, the Labor Camp called her family to pick her up. When her husband and younger sister went to pick her up, they found that her whole body was swollen and that she had a blank stare in her eyes. On her wrists, there were two deep purple bruises from the handcuffs. She was sent to the hospital immediately, because she could not use the toilet on her own. The doctor said that if they had arrived a half hour later, she might have died. The doctor helped her pass her urine, and saved her life. When her sister helped her take a bath, she discovered that her body was covered with purple bruises; even her gums were purple. She was only skin and bones. She never recovered from her mental collapse, even after many treatments. On December 5, 2001, she died, apparently after falling out of a building.

Ms. Hao was a very pleasant woman. Many neighbors went to her funeral. The local police went to her home and would not allow her friends go to the funeral.