Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Incidences of Falun Dafa Practitioners Tortured to Death by Police from Wuxue City, Hubei Province

December 05, 2002 |  


The following are the facts on how Falun Dafa practitioners are being persecuted by police in Wuxue City, Hubei Province. Further details are still under investigation.

Zhao Zichu, male, born in 1951, was a resident of Longping Township, Wuxue City. For studying and practicing Falun Dafa, he was kidnapped by local police and sent to the Wuxue City No.1 Detention Center, where he was tortured to the brink of death. He was not released until July 2001, when the police saw him spitting up blood. Mr. Zhao did not recover and passed away.

(For details, please see http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2002/11/22/28960.html)

Mei Zhongquan, male, single, 60 years old, was a resident of Xingyuan Village of Yuchuan Township, Wuxue City. He became a Buddhist monk when he was young. Mei started practicing Falun Dafa in 1997. Because he tried to spread Falun Dafa to monks in other temples, local police illegally ransacked his home (temple) and confiscated all his books on Falun Dafa and his monk certificate. On November 8th, 2001, he went to the Wuxue City Police Department to ask for the return of his books. The police detained him and sent him to a brainwashing class instead. To prove his own innocence, Mei went on a hunger-strike many times even though he was bullied and threatened by "610" officers ["610 Office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems]. One time, while Mei was doing the sitting meditation, "610" officers and policeman Zhou Qingshan (Tianzhen Police Station supervisor) stormed in and tortured Mei together. Another time, because Mei said a few words to try to stop the torture of a fellow practitioner by the guard Chen Oushen, he was also badly beaten. Due to his long jail time, torture, lack of clean clothing, and nutritious food, Mei's healthy body was deteriorating rapidly, and he eventually fell ill. Fellow practitioners from the same holding cell explained the situation to the guards many times, but they said Mei was only pretending. After more than eight months of torment, they still could not sway Mei's faith in Falun Dafa. So they sent him to a secret place for further torture. Nineteen days later, Mei died. (For more details, please see http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2002/10/30/28228.html)

Cui Herong, female, born in May of 1951, was a resident of Caizu (village of Yuqiang, under Kanjiang Office). On September 28th, 2002, seven or eight officers from the Ministry of Public Security and Kanjiang Police Station kidnapped her. They put her in a car and sent her to a brainwashing class. They did not give any reason, and they did not follow any procedure. At that time, Cui was not even wearing shoes.

Wu Weihua, female, born in 1956, was a resident of Wuxue City. On the night of September 27th, a gang led by the Ministry of Public Security officer, Xu Xuewen, kidnapped and sent Wu to a brainwashing class.

Liao Baozhen, female, born in 1951, was a resident of Wuxue City. On the night of September 27th, a gang of seven people led by the Ministry of Public Security officer Xu Xuewen, kidnapped Liao while she was home watching TV, and sent her to a brainwashing class.

Xia Guangliang, male, born in 1973, was working for Xiangyun Inc. in Wuxue City. One day in December 2001, he handed out Falun Gong truth-clarifying flyers in Songyang, Meichuan. On the way back to Wuxue City, he was kidnapped by Meichuan police and was handed over to Huang Wenchao from the Ministry of Public Security. Xia was then illegally detained at the No.1 Detention Center for almost a month. At that time, his home and office dormitory were ransacked. In the detention center, he was beaten almost everyday for insisting on practicing Falun Gong. He was finally released after his family paid a few thousand Yuan [500 Yuan is the average monthly income for an urban worker in China], and agreed to use his job as a guarantee (that he will stop practicing Falun Gong). His employer did not arrange for him to return to work until March of 2002. During the several months in between, his salary and year-end bonus were not paid to him. After his return to work, Xia was constantly under surveillance by the security department. He was required to give advanced notice of his whereabouts, even during vacation. His bags and office dormitory were also searched. On September 27th, 2002, at around 10:00 pm, he was kidnapped and brought to a brainwashing class at the Xinzhen Detention Center by Li Bishou (from his workplace security department) and Huang Wenchao (from the Tianzhen Police Station, Ministry of Public Security). Xia is still being detained.

Fang Tianmin, male, born in 1967, was a teacher at the Wuxue University of Education. After the persecution of Falun Dafa began, Fang came out many times to clarify the truth. He also exposed the evil lies many times. On December 25th, 2002, Gang Xianping (assistant director of Wuxue University of Education), Dong Laoer (an officer from Kanjiang Police Station) and another police officer tricked Fang into going to the intensive brainwashing class at Cuijiashan Detention Center. Fang's determination in practicing Falun Dafa, however, was unwavering. On February 18th, 2001, Fang was transferred to Wuxue No.1 Detention Center, where the police further persecuted him. Around April 8th, 2001, Fang was again transferred from Wuxue No.1 Detention Center to Cuijashan Detention Center for further brainwashing. In the detention center, Fang and other practitioners went on a hunger strike to protest the long-term illegal imprisonment. Fang was released on May 15th, 2001 after 142 days of illegal detention. During that period of time, the assistant director of Wuxue University of Education, Zhang Zaiquan (in charge of finance) illegally deducted 1000 Yuan from Fang's wages. Without Fang's or his family's consent, Zhang used food cost as an excuse to give 500 Yuan to Zhang Puwen, the head of the detention center.

On September 28th, 2002, a group of police officers, including police captain Wu (from the Kanjiang Police Station), assistant director Rao (from the Wuxue "610 Office") and team leader Yao, attempted to force Fang to give up practicing Falun Gong. The police handcuffed Wu's hands behind his back and carried him to a car. Once they were on the street, Fang shouted, "Falun Dafa is good." One of the villains strangled Fang using his elbow in an attempt to suffocate and stop him from screaming. While in the car, one of the police tightened the handcuffs to inflict excruciating pain. They did not remove the handcuffs until Fang was put into the Cuijiashan brainwashing class. The handcuffs left deep marks on Fang's wrists, and his hands were numb for many days. Fang is still being illegally detained there.

Li Qiguo, male, born in March 1962, was a resident of Liyuner Village, Meichuan Township, Wuxue City. He used to be a craftsman. Li started practicing Falun Gong in 1996. (Before practicing, Li had many illnesses including hepatitis B. He recovered from these illnesses after practicing Falun Gong.) In February 2000, local police used investigation as an excuse to trick him into going to Lianglu Police Station. Li was detained for 15 days and was forced to pay 500 Yuan. He was arrested again in October 2002. Local police tortured Li for information and then locked him up in the Wuxue Detention Center for three months. During that time, his family was not allowed to visit him. Huang Wenchao (a local police officer from the Ministry of Public Security) used other criminals to torture Li. Huang also extorted 5000 Yuan from his family. Li's family is currently deep in debt, and his children cannot go to school. In August 2002, without any reason, Meichuan police assistant captain Cheng and over 10 police officers kidnapped Li in the middle of the night. They beat him so badly that his whole body was covered with bruises. He was then sent to the Wuxue brainwashing class. It has been over two months, and he is still being detained.

Xu Dongsheng, male, born in December 1956, was a resident of Taiping Township, Yuchuan Town, Wuxue City. In 1999, without any reason, police officers Li, Liu, and Zhang from the Taiping Police Station confiscated the stereo system that was left at Xu's home by his brother-in-law. In March 2002, while Xu was not home, 7 or 8 people broke in his home by breaking in the door and windows. They ransacked Xu's house, searching all the drawers and cabinets. In August 2002, Xu went to Meichuan on a business trip. On his way home, he was kidnapped and brought to a brainwashing class by Yuchuan police officers Peng and Yie.

Hu Shiliu, female, born in May 1970, was a resident of Liyuner Village, Meichuan Township. On July 26th, 1999, because Hu refused to turn in her copy of Zhuan Falun, she was forced out of work by the Shiyan Motor Company security department. In October 1999, because she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, she was detained at Shiyan Detention Center for almost a month. In October 2000, Hu was detained at the Wuxue Detention Center for posting Falun Dafa truth-clarifying posters, and she had 2000 Yuan extorted from her. Lianlu Police Station also confiscated Hu's ID card. Around 10:30 pm, August 20th, 2002, more than ten police officers led by captain Cheng from Meichuan police station, kidnapped Hu from her bed and sent her to a brainwashing class. At that time, Hu was wearing only undergarments in bed. These police officers came in by breaking down the door. They then turned on the light and stared at her for five or six minutes. One of the Meichuan police officers even tore her undergarments open from the armpit down! Captain Cheng (male) then began molesting Hu by stroking her lower backside. The police also hit her face and caused her nose to bleed, and they warned her not to scream. These police also strangled Hu and left multiple bruises around her throat. At Meichuan Police Station, the police held Hu by her hair and smashed her head against the wall. This caused Hu to suffer headaches and dizziness for half-a-month.

Hu Aizhen, female, born in October 1961, was a resident of Liyuner Village, Meichuan Township. In October 2000, she was illegally detained for over a month for handing out Falun Gong truth-clarifying flyers. Around midnight of August 20th, 2002, a group of policemen broke in her home, kidnapped her and brought her to a brainwashing class.

Cheng Guozhen, female, born in September 1962, was an employee of Wuxue City Bank. In November 1999, she was illegally detained for 15 days because she went to Beijing to stand up for Falun Dafa. In April 2000, she was kidnapped and brought to a detention center for practicing and verifying Falun Gong. From that time until the end of 2001, Cheng was at various detention centers, brainwashing classes, Shizishan Forced Labor Camp, and Shayang Forced Labor Farm. On February 19th, 2002, Cheng went to the home of the city police chief (Yue Yang) to clarify the truth. But she was illegally arrested and sent to a brainwashing class instead. Cheng is still being detained. She suffered many forms of torture, including "carrying a sword on the back" [the practitioner's hands are tied behind her back with one hand over the shoulder and the other hand against the lower back. The police then apply a great deal of force to pull the two hands toward one another and handcuff the two hands together] at Shayang Forced Labor Farm (3 times), beaten by electronic baton (2 times), not allowed to sleep or use the bathroom, and forced to crouch down for 5 to 6 hours. In August 2002, she went on a hunger strike to protest her illegal arrest; she was dragged off to be force-fed twice.

Mao Xiuying, female, born in February 1965, was a resident of Maorenshan Village, Huaqiao Township. Her current residency is on Songshanzui Street, Yuchuan Township, Wuxue City. In August 2000, Mao was detained for appealing for Falun Gong. Because she was on a hunger strike, the director of Cuijiashan Detention Center (Zhang Puwen) used a pair of pliers to injure her throat. In 2001, Mao was illegally sentenced to one year in a labor camp for handing out truth-clarifying pamphlets. In April 2001, she was tortured relentlessly in a detention center. The police kicked Mao so often that her body was covered with bruises. In another incident, police officer Xu Xiuying dragged Mao off a bed causing her to hit her head on the floor. That caused a big bump on Mao's head. In 2001, while she was at Longganhu, she was deceived and sent to Shilipu Detention Center in Huangmei. Four days later, Mao was transferred back to the Yuchuan Police Station. The Wuxue City Police Department once again sent her to the Shizishan Forced Labor Camp in Wuchang. On the same day, in Wuchang, Mao was beaten with an electric baton until she lost consciousness. On June 25th, 2001, she was transferred to Shayang Forced Labor Camp. In February 2002, she was sent to a brainwashing class for handing out pamphlets. She has been force fed and viciously beaten. She is still being detained at this moment.

Xu Shujun, female, is a resident of Wuxue City. She has been illegally arrested and detained at Xingzhen Detention Center for handing out truth-clarifying materials on September 26, 2002.

Cai Suzhen, female, is a resident of Wuxue City. She has been illegally arrested and detained at No.1 Detention Center for handing out truth-clarifying materials on September 26, 2002.

Tang Zhijun, male, born in May 1974, was employed by Duolin Inc. in Wuxue City. His employment was illegally terminated. This is the account of his persecution. Tang was illegally detained for practicing Falun Gong in public in 1999. In 2000, he was again illegally detained for over 15 days for practicing Falun Gong in public outside of Dianli Village. Because of that, Duolin Inc. terminated his employment illegally, and his ID (personal identification card) was confiscated as well. At the end of June 2000, Tang was severely beaten by Changping local officials with electric batons and sticks. In early July, he was viciously beaten and insulted by police officer Lu Jia and others at Wuxue Detention Center. Later in September of that year, Tang was illegally sentenced to one year at a labor camp. On March 16th, 2002, while he was helping a colleague to move, a group of people headed by "610" officer Cheng, Xu Xuewen, and Hu Shumin (the head of security at Duolin Inc.) kidnapped Tang and brought him to a brainwashing class. In the class, the police tortured him by force-feeding, and they locked him in an extremely hot room on hot days.

Dong Guoshui, male, was born in 1962 in the town of Shifosi, Wuxue. He started practicing Falun Dafa on February 3rd 1998. He was very healthy. On March 19th, 2000, Dong went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, but he was arrested by local police officers Zhang and Xia. They brought Dong back to the Cuijiashan Detention Center. For six months, Dong was detained and tortured. He was force fed through intubation by Zhang Puwen and unit leader Gui. On December 19th, 2000, Dong went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong again. The police on Tiananmen Square broke one of his ribs and sent him to Huairou Detention Center, where he was severely beaten by the police. Huang Wenchao then brought Dong back from Wuxue City Police Department. In April 2001, Shifosi police destroyed Dong's house, and his brother (not a Falun Gong practitioner) was detained for a day at the police station. Dong's sister-in-law (not a Falun Gong practitioner) drank pesticide under coercion. On April 25th, 2001, Dong was illegally sentenced to 18 months at a labor camp. Soon after his release, he was kidnapped and brought to a brainwashing class on April 25th, 2002. This kidnapping incident was conspired by Dong Xintian (the Political and Judiciary officer of Shifosi Town), Dong Qinqi (the communist party secretary of Lianhu Village) and officers from the local police station. Dong is still being detained and persecuted today. One of the officers from the detention center, Chen Oushen, used force-feeding as an excuse to torture him. As of July 20th, 1999, Dong has been illegally detained for 29 months.

Fan Chengang, male, was born in March 1954 at the third team of Wanzhanghu Farm, Wuxue City. In January 2001, he went to Tiananmen Square and shouted "Falun Dafa is Good." Because of that, Fan was detained in Dongfen Police Station of Yanshan District of the Beijing Police Department. In the police station, the police shocked Fan with multiple electric batons at the same time. They also used an electric chair to torture him, injected him with a psychotropic drug, and subjected him to other psychological torture. When Fan was beaten unconscious, they splashed cold water over him and then continued the torture. They also tried to suffocate him with smoke. After he had endured all types of torture, the local police brought him back and sent him to a brainwashing class. Police officer Xu Xuewen stole the 350 Yuan that Fan was carrying, and then he demanded another 400 Yuan of food cost without issuing any receipt. Fan was finally released in June. On September 30th, 2002, however, while Fan was preparing a trip to Guangzhou to visit his oldest son, who was very sick at the time, Director Hu and Officer Deng from the police station of Wanzhanghu Farm kidnapped him and again, brought him to a brainwashing class.

Su Yuliang, male, 60 years old, was an employee of the Chinese Medical Hospital in Wuxue City. The evil police kidnapped him from his workplace and sent him to a brainwashing class. When Su was released, he was wearing an oxygen mask, and was carried out on stretcher.