Crimes Against Falun Dafa Practitioners Committed by Li Zhaosheng, Zhao Wenguang and Others in Hebei Province
July 17, 2001
By Dafa Practitioners in China
Nostradamus, a Frenchman in the 14th century, wrote in his prophecy book Centuries, "In the year 1999, seventh month, from the sky will come a great King of Terror, ..." This prophecy has come true. In July 1999, China's President Jiang Zemin and State Councilor Luo Gan, out of their ulterior motives, carefully initiated a nationwide suppression against Falun Gong. Suddenly, all of China was shrouded with evil lies. Many authorities from different government agencies throughout China participated in the campaign against Falun Gong practitioners. They violated China's own law and committed severe atrocities to help the wrongdoers. Falun Gong practitioners have been experiencing the most severe persecution unparalleled in history.
In Huanghua City, Hebei Province, the police illegally detained many Falun Gong practitioners and collected money from practitioners' families. Luqiao's (Town within Huanghua
City) mayor, Li Zhaosheng, and his followers tortured Falun Gong practitioners under the name of "law enforcement." The following are some examples of the persecution:
- Many people in Luqiao Town of Huanghua City have improved their health and uplifted their morality through cultivation of Falun Dafa. After October 1, 2000 (Chinese National Day), over 10 Falun Gong practitioners from Luqiao went to Beijing to appeal to the government. Although appealing is a basic human right guaranteed by China's Constitution, the practitioners were arrested on their way to Beijing. The Huanghua City and local police illegally announced a 15-day administrative detention in Huanghua City Detention Center. At the end of the 15 days, the authorities imposed an additional fine of 5,000 Yuan (about $600; the average monthly income is about $25 in rural China) for their release. Those who failed to pay would be sentenced to longer jail terms. The majority of the practitioners' families are not rich, nor could they afford the fine, so they had to borrow money to get their loved ones out of jail.
Practitioners who went through this traumatic experience include Han Zirong, Han Zhiqin, Wang Zhenfeng, Wang Xiangchen, Feng Xiu'e, Zhang Zhihua, Zhang Xiulan, Zuo Lifang, Yang Fangzhen, Cui Yanli, Ge Linying, and Lu Shuying.
- In late October 2000, the Luqiao police told 23 practitioners (including those mentioned above) that the authorities wanted to asked them a few questions in the town hall, and that they could go home the next day. Once the practitioners (both men and women) arrived, they were immediately detained in a conference room. The guards played cards day and night, and the practitioners could not rest. After 20 days, the township authority required each person to pay 3,000 Yuan as a condition for their release. The majority of the practitioners paid and left within a month; however, seven male and two female practitioners were not able to pay. They were locked up in a cold room next to a restroom for an additional 10 days. When asked for an explanation, Mayor Li Zhaosheng said that this was just a way to punish them.
- Female Practitioner Han Zirong in Sunzheng Village, 44 year-old, was interrogated during the evening of her 14th day of detention. During the interrogation, a young policeman grabbed her hair and smashed her head against a wall. The next day, she was sentenced to 6 months of criminal detention. Later, she was beaten for practicing Falun Gong exercises in the Huanghua City Detention Center.
- Female practitioner Feng Xiue of Wangdaben Village was badly beaten by the guards with shoes and a stick after she was seen practicing Falun Gong in Huanghua City Detention Center. Her hands and feet were shackled. Later, she was transferred to the Botou Detention Center, where she was handcuffed to the metal bars on the window and shocked with electric batons.
- Female practitioner Li Jing, 20 years old, from Shandong Province, was arrested for publicly telling the truth about Falun Gong. She was detained in Huanghua City Detention Center. Guard Sun Hongyan and another guard (with a bald head, name unknown) beat her so badly that her right eye was bruised and swollen.
- Dafa practitioner Zuo Lifang was arrested in 2000 because she was passing out Falun Gong flyers in Zhongjie [automobile manufacturing company]. During the interrogation, Huanghua City Policeman Shi Jinzhu tortured and verbally abused her. She was left with dark bruises from the torture. She was illegally detained for 26 days and fined 2,000 Yuan. During the October 1st holiday, the police tricked Ms. Zuo into the town hall and forced her to denounce Dafa and Teacher (Li Hongzhi, Falun Dafa's Teacher). She refused and was arrested for "interfering with public orders."
- Female practitioner Cui Yanli, 37 years old, from Sunzheng Village, was tricked by the Luqiao Town police into the town hall in the evening of October 5, 2000. She was then detained there. Five days later, Zhao Wenguang, the head of Huanghua City Law Enforcement, visited her. He asked her to denounce Dafa and Teacher, but Ms. Cui refused. She was then formally arrested.
- Dafa practitioners Wang Houge and Yang Fangzhen, husband and wife who live in Xiapu Village, were arrested on their way to Beijing. The Huanghua City police sentenced Wang to 3 years in a labor camp. He is now detained in No. 1 team in the Shijiazhuang City Labor Camp. Yang was put into police custody and fined 5,000 Yuan. Because the local police continuously went to her home to harass her, she was forced to leave her home.
The law of the universe is not to be violated without consequences. Good is rewarded with good and evil will be met by evil. We solemnly warn the abusers to think about their crimes, change their conduct, and immediately release all detained Falun Dafa practitioners. Otherwise, they will suffer immediate retribution.