1. [Beijing] Four Year-Old Practitioner Detained in Beijing's Shunyi District Detention Center
During the October 1 holiday period, I went to Tiananmen Square in Beijing to validate Dafa. Local authorities illegally detained me at the Shunyi District Detention Center in Beijing. I witnessed that a 4 year-old boy was being detained in the female section. I was told that the boy was with his mother, who is also a practitioner detained there. The young boy has been practicing Falun Gong with his mother for two years.
2. [Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province] Zuo Xiuyun, A Survivor of The Tragedy on June 20, 2001 (In Which Several Female Practitioners Were Tortured to Death) is Further Persecuted
Practitioner Zuo Xiuyun, female, 46, is a doctor who lives in Songjiang Town, Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang province. She is a survivor of the tragedy that occurred June 20, 2001 in Wanjia Labor Camp. The persecutors in Wanjia Labor Camp illegally detained her for 8 months past the scheduled end of her sentence. On Oct 30, 2001 she was released, however the police from Songjiang Town Police Station arrested her again at her home on November 4.
During her over one year detention in Wanjia Labor Camp, Zuo Xiuyun endured inhuman torture. She survived the tragedy on June 20, 2001, yet the officials would not let her go. Will they really not stop until she dies?
Home phone of Zuo Xiuyun: 86- 454-8843845
3. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Dafa Practitioner Xu Xiangdong (from Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province) Defends Himself in Court
On Nov 14, 2001, Saertu District Court in Daqing City held an illegal trial for practitioner Xu Xiangdong (male). In court, Xu Xiangdong used his reason, wisdom and compassion to tell all the people present that Falun Dafa is righteous and that his downloading truth-clarifying literature from the internet and sending them to people did not violate the law and the constitution. He defended his innocence with dignity. The judges accepted his defence and then announced the end of the trial and told the audience to await their final judgment. Outside the courtroom, practitioners from Daqing City took the opportunity to clarify the truth of Falun Dafa to officials of the court and to law enforcement personnel, offering them salvation. The practitioners also sent forth righteous thoughts to eliminate all the evil in the three realms and the old forces that persecute Xu Xiangdong. The practitioners' righteous thoughts as a group made a great impact, manifesting the great power of Dafa practitioners in Daqing City as a whole.
Practitioner Xu Xiangdong had been arrested on January 2001 for making truth-clarifying literature. Since March he has been detained in Daqing City Detention Center. His wife Cui Xiaojuan was a lecturer at Daqing Police School. In December 1999, his wife Cui died in order to safeguard Dafa.
4. [China] Jiang Zemin's Regime Illegally Monitor Internet Users with "Trojan Horse" Programs
"Trojan Horses" are hackers' programs. Hackers use Trojan Horse programs to steal internet users' personal information (including passwords) and even to completely control computers remotely over the internet. It is inappropriate for anyone to use a "Trojan Horse" to damage, monitor or steal information from internet users. It is even worse for an Internet Service Provider (ISP) to use one against its own customers. Unfortunately, this kind of thing is happening in China.
When I was online (in China), I often detected terminal scans from the ISP (looking for security loopholes in my computer, preparing for attacks). When I made frequent visits to Minghui.net (Chinese version of Clearwisdom.net) I would receive scans from specific terminals, including computer instructions to run "Trojan Horse" programs. Two common ones are "NetMonitor" and "TransmissionScout". "NetMonitor" is primarily used to steal personal information like passwords, while "TransmissionScout" has the power to completely control the user's computer. Jiang Zemin's political regime stops at no evil to do harm. We will send forth righteous thoughts to eliminate the evil and stop the persecution at it's roots.
5. [Heilongjiang Province] Female Practitioners Illegally Detained in Group 12 of Wanjia Labor Camp Were Viciously Tortured
Female practitioners in the No. 12 Group at Wanjia Labor Camp (Headman: Zhang Bo) are currently receiving brutal torture. 5 or 6 of them are still detained in confinement cells in the No. 9 Group. The practitioners in the confinement were not allowed to have use of any blankets during the daytime. As a result, some of them felt so cold that they curled up into a ball to stay warm. If they practiced the Falun Gong exercises, the perpetrators would force them onto the "Iron Chair" (a severe torture) for as long as 15 hours. On the "Iron Chair", practitioners' hands are tied to the back of the chair. The perpetrators would not untie them even if the practitioners wanted to use the restroom. Drinking water was not provided while they were tortured. Practitioners were allowed to use only the bucket inside their cells in the morning as a toilet. The guards in Wanjia Labor Camp also seriously violated the rules while torturing the female practitioners. They used male guard Li Min and male inmate Lin Gang. These two wicked people sexually abused female practitioners. The humiliation and torture that the practitioners received are beyond words. Female guard Jia Cuiyan was the most vicious among the guards watching the confinement cells. Wicked guard Zhou beat and cursed practitioner Li Lan, who went on hunger strike to protest the persecution. Some guards wanted to write the reason for Li Lan's hunger strike on the daily report, yet other guards were against the idea. "Our supervisor said not to write everything in the daily reports." They were also afraid of their crimes being exposed and that they would then face prosecution.
6. [Guizhou Province] Site Making Truth-Clarifying Materials Is Destroyed
A Falun Dafa materials-production site in Guizhou Province was destroyed. Computers and photocopiers at the site were confiscated. The loss was great and the police are making many arrests. Since the information on the computer was not deleted, the names of all of the practitioners who have posted Solemn Declarations were discovered by the authorities. We remind those practitioners to be careful for their personal safety.
7. [Mainland China] News from Inside Source: Jiang Zemin is Escalating The Persecution against Highly Educated Intellectuals Who Practice Falun Gong
According to inside sources, Jiang Zemin is escalating the persecution against highly educated intellectuals who practice Falun Gong.
8. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] By Using Righteous Thoughts, Dafa Practitioners Get Rid of the Persecution Arranged by Evil Forces
1. Latest news concerning Zhao Hong (Dafa practitioner Zhao Xin's younger sister): On November 10, 2001, a group of people from the Public Security Bureau, Police Station, her work unit, and her relatives went to Beijing to escort her back from Beijing. While having a dinner in a restaurant, Zhao Hong saw her opportunity to escape, took it and has been homeless ever since.
2. Around 2:00 PM on November 9, 2001, when Dafa practitioners Lanmin and Jingzhi (66 years old) (both names are alias for safety reasons), were forced by two old men to a local police station. They remained tranquil in the face of being overpowered. Around 8:30 that same evening, a group involved in a personal dispute came in and the police turned to them. Lanmin was alone while Jingzhi went to a restroom, so Lanmin left the police station. Just at the time, a taxi came, so Lanmin got in and told the driver: "I am a good person, some bad guys are chasing me, please get out of here as soon as possible." The driver asked: "Are you a Falun Gong practitioner?" She said:"Yes"; "Me too", the driver said, so they happily agreed, "This is an incredible arrangement by our teacher." Knowing that she had nowhere to go, the driver took her to a fellow practitioner's home. Realizing that Lanmin had escaped, police searched her home but found nothing. Seeing that Jingzhi was a senior, police released her.
3. Six Dafa practitioners went to Beijing to validate Dafa on November 10, 2001. They unfurled Dafa banners in the Tiananmen Square. Five of them got back home safely.
9. [Shouguang City, Shandong Province] Atrocities committed by Ruffians to Dafa Practitioners
Zhou Xiuling, female, 41 years old, from Zhoujia Village, Jitai Township, Shouguang City. Learned Dafa since April 1996.
On September 8, 2000 by lunar calendar, Zhou Xiuling and a fellow Dafa practitioner Li Fenglan went to Beijing by bicycle to validate Dafa. She was arrested and detained for three days in the driver's dormitory of Jitai Township government before being sent back home. She was tortured by more than ten ruffians for over an hour. The authorities removed Ms Zhou Xiuling's shoes and she was forced to lie or sit with her legs and arms out-stretched. Those ruffians used rubber or bamboo bars to hit her forcefully on her hands, feet, and legs, especially around her ankles which is a sensitive place. They kicked her with their leather boots and slapped her in the face; sometimes they trampled on her feet and legs. The ruffians also used electric batons to shock her head, neck, and her arms.
The people used so much strength to torture her that they got tired very quickly, and they were streaming with sweat. So they took turns in torturing her continuously. Then they tied her to a tree in the courtyard and connected electricity to her two thumbs, and shocked her with a manual generator (run by bicycle). The faster they pedaled, the stronger the current. They drove it fast for two cycles and slow for one cycle. (It is said that the slow cycle was even harder to bear) The spectators said: The toughest criminals will yield once shocked in this way... After the electrical shocks, they discovered that she was dying, so they poured cold water on her head to attempt to revive her.
She was beaten and shocked until she was almost unconscious. Her legs were completely covered in bruises and swollen to a horrifying size. Days later, she still could not move even supported by two people. Exactly one year has passed and a scar around eight by two centimeters remains visible on her ankle, shocking the viewers.
10. [Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province] Dafa Practitioner Zhang Tao Disappears
Zhang Tao, male, 52 years old. In November, authorities performed I.D. checks in all city train and bus stations in order to illegally arrest Dafa practitioners. Zhang Tao disappeared during this time.
11. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Heizuizi Women's Labor Camp Illegally Jailed Dafa Practitioners beyond Their Terms
Dafa practitioner Du Hongfang was arrested on her way to Beijing to appeal, and was illegally sentenced to one-year in a labor camp. During her detention, she suffered torture like solitary confinement in a small cell, electric shock etc. without ever changing her mind in her belief of Falun Dafa. To date, she has been detained nine months beyond her sentenced time. Her husband was just released from a labor camp for practicing Falun Dafa. While the couple was illegally in jail, their teenage son was left alone, and had to live with relatives or friends.
12. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Dafa Practitioner Li Liyi was Kidnapped and Taken to A "Brainwashing Class"
Li Liyi, is a retired English teacher from Chengdu 50th Middle School, Sichuan Province. She was illegally kidnapped while telling people the truth about Falun Dafa and jailed in Longquanyi District Detention Center, then she was sent to a "Brainwashing Class" in Wuhou District, Chengdu City, and has still not been released.
13. [Dujiangyan City, Sichuan Province] Dafa Practitioner Were Kidnapped by Lawless Police
On November 7, 2001, some Dafa practitioners in Dujiangyan City were kidnapped. Some of the known names are:
Xie Langrui(female), Li Xia(female), Xue Lanying (Female) who are from Daxing Township, Dujiangyan City. Guo Wenjuan and her husband from Chengdu City. Huang Tianming(male) from Datian Village, Liulin Township, Wenjiang County.
14. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Dafa Practitioner Ren Jing Was Illegally Sent to a Labor Camp
Dafa Practitioner Li Bingnan (male) was illegally sentenced to one-year forced labor, executed outside of jail. Soon his daughter Ren Jing was illegally sent from a prison in Chengdu City to Nanmusi Women's Labor Camp in Zizhong City for forced labor.
15. [Ningbo City, Zhejiang Province] Dafa Practitioner Zhuo Pengyi Was Illegally Sent to a Labor Camp
Two months ago, Zhuo Pengyi (male) was illegally sent to a "Brainwashing Class" by Ningbo City "610" Office (a bureau specifically created by the Chinese government to persecute Falun Gong. It has absolute power over each level of administration in the Party, as well as over the political and judiciary branches). Since he refused to renounce Dafa, he was illegally sentenced to one-and-half-a-year forced labor.
16. [Xinji City, Hebei Province] Assistant Deputy Secretary of Politics and Law Department States, Falun Gong Can Fill Fines
The chairman of Xinji Police Department reported to the assistant deputy secretary of Politics and Law Department Liu Cunzhu that the police department could not fulfill the quota of social order violations. Liu shamelessly told him, "Just get Falun Gong to pay the fines, since they have no where to appeal. Even if they do appeal, the city can just block them." A robber indeed became a government official!
17. [Beijing] Huairou Detention Center Cruelly Tortures the Illegally Detained Falun Dafa Practitioners
Huairou Detention Center detained at least 24 Falun Dafa Practitioners who were illegally arrested on November 26, 2000. Without prior consultation, these practitioners went on a hunger strike without water to protest the persecution. They suffered all kinds of torture. We do not know their current situation. They separated the Falun Dafa practitioners or locked them up with other criminals so that it was very difficult for practitioners to see each other. They incited inmates to have conflicts with practitioners. A guard announced, "The three (practitioners) that were carried out (died)."
Not many people know goings on in this detention center, since those practitioners who do not give up practicing Falun Dafa will be transferred to other detention centers to be illegally detained and tortured.
18. [Wuhan, Hubei Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Kidnapped Again
Falun Dafa practitioner Chen Jing was illegally sentenced to one year on July 20, 1999. After she was released, she went to Beijing twice to appeal. The second time, she was illegally imprisoned. After she went on a hunger strike for 18 days, they forcefully sent her to a brainwashing class in East Xihu. With firm righteous thoughts, she boldly walked out her prison and became homeless. In the evening of November 6, 2001, she went home for her father's funeral. The police from East Xihu entered her house and forcefully kidnapped her. Her husband is currently illegally imprisoned in the Second Detention Center and was not allowed to attend his father-in-law's funeral.
Police forcefully kidnapped a Falun Dafa practitioner, a college student from Hubei Industry University, in November 2001. No information is available.
19. [Changchun, Jilin Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Li Lifeng Is Kidnapped
Changchun practitioner Li Lifeng was kidnapped and sent to the newly built Shuangyang Detention Center.
20. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] The Records of the People Who Persecutes Falun Dafa Practitioners
21. [Dalian, Liaoning Province] The Record of Evil Behaviors of Nanling Border Police Station in Dalian development zone Wanlixiang
The chief of Nanling Border Police Station Liu Shengmin went to Falun Dafa practitioners' homes to arrest people and confiscate their property many times. He has done many evil things. On October 16, 2001, he, police officer Zhang Jian, and several people from 621 Office entered practitioner Shen Yue's home without search warrant. They confiscated property and arrested Shen. They beat and tortured Shen and have illegally detained her to this date. Shen's face became severely swollen. Later, Liu and other two police intruded on Shen's home again and threatened her husband. Soon after this, the police and Wang Pin from Wanlixiang searched and confiscated Shen's house property. Then Liu led two other police officers from Dalian City to intrude on her again and took some personal belongs. Liu also illegally interrogated Shan's son.
Recently, Dalian added more than 500 officers to different districts to illegally monitor and arrest Falun Dafa practitioners. In order to find the source of Dafa material and to prevent practitioners from telling the truth to people, the police are arresting people everywhere. They illegally kidnapped and confiscated homes of Cen Lifen, Zhang Li, Qu Guizhen, Ma Xiu, Liu Kai, Lu Chuanxiang and Teacher Wang of Dalian University.