(Clearwisdom.net) This is an urgent call to kind people from all walks of life and from every part of the world to pay close attention to the illegal detention and sentencing of Falun Dafa practitioners to labor camps. Please use your righteous voices for these practitioners who are suffering from unimaginable torture. I hope those officials and law enforcement agents who still have a conscience and humanity will not assist the evil to harm people, and will not persecute practitioners who persist in the belief of "Truth-Compassion-Forbearance." Please do not leave any disgrace or regret in your life. Let us see what kind of persecution these practitioners who believe in the truth of Buddha's Law are suffering.
1. Zhang Wei (pseudonym), male, is an honored worker in a power plant in Shaanxi Province. He had been selected the "model staff member in the electrical power industry" in his entire province for ten consecutive years, and was further praised and trusted by his supervisors and colleagues since he started practicing Falun Dafa in 1996. However, in May of 2000 Zhang Wei was illegally detained for 15 days and fired from his job because he firmly believed in Dafa and went to Beijing to appeal. In March 2001, he was forced to leave his home for refusing to attend a brainwashing class held by the "610 Office" [a bureau specifically created by the Chinese government to persecute Falun Gong. It has absolute power over each level of administration in the Party, as well as over the political and judiciary branches]. At the same time, his wife was repeatedly harassed at home, so she had to take her 2-year-old son back to her hometown to escape. In September of this year, police threatened one of Zhang's relatives into telling them where Zhang was living. The police then took some people to carry out an illegal search for him. They took him back and detained him in a county detention center, where he has been ever since. His unemployed wife, along with the 2-year-old son have to lead a hard life and have nowhere to go for help; however, the mother and son are still being monitored and harassed by the police.
2. Zhong Lan (pseudonym), female, was taken away in May 2001 from the factory where she was working by the police, and was illegally questioned for two days, because of writing a solemn declaration to overturn her previous statements [made under duress]. She had no other choice but to escape from the police station, and could not return home because the police were looking for her. The police illegally searched her home and chased after her everywhere. In September of this year, she was arrested again because she met with fellow practitioner(s). She is currently held in a detention center. As confirmed by the policeman from her factory police station who was in charge of recording the questioning, Zhong Lan has been on a hunger strike for 10 days (since October 1) to protest. The guards in the detention center are blocking this news from the outside, deceiving her family members and not allowing them to visit her. Her son is in primary school and has been unable to see his mother for nearly half a year.
3. Chen Yu (pseudonym) nearly 60-years-old, has been illegally detained twice by the police for practicing Falun Dafa. Chen Yu's longest detention was 90 days, during which she was tortured so brutally that she suffered from gastric perforation [a ruptured stomach]. In October of this year, she was arrested again and is now being held in Lajiatan Detention Center of Huxian County, Shaanxi Province. There is no bedding or blankets in the icy cold cell, and she has no clothes to change into, but the police do not inform her family members. This information was not obtained until the visitors of other detainees incidentally found out.
4. Kang Qingyu (pseudonym,) female, was sentenced to 1 year at a labor camp for appealing in Beijing. In the labor camp, she continued practicing Dafa and nothing could change her firm determination. When her detention term expired (the detention itself was illegal), they still did not release her. After the term was prolonged for another two months with no reason, Huxian County Police Department took her away. She is now being held in Lajiatan Detention Center.
5. Zhao Jingui (pseudonym,) nearly 60-years-old, female. She was illegally detained for 20 days for appealing in Beijing in December 1999, and was later sentenced to 1 year in a labor camp for meeting with fellow practitioners. After she was released, she lived in her countryside hometown with her husband. In August 2001, when the provincial "610 Office" was holding a brainwashing class, the police of her factory drove the police van to her home to take her to the class. When they met her at the entrance and explained their intention, the elderly lady refused. The four policemen then forcefully dragged her into the van while she had only a nightgown on and had no chance to bring clothes to change into.
6. Zheng Qing (pseudonym,) female, was illegally detained for 20 days for appealing in Beijing in December 1999, and was later sentenced to 1 year in a labor camp for meeting with fellow practitioners, and was at the same time fired from her job by Huian Chemical Plant. As soon as she was released, she wrote a solemn declaration to overturn her previous statements [made under duress]. She was again dragged away from her home by four policemen from her plant and was detained in Lajiatan Detention Center for questioning. Because of her firm determination, she was continuously beaten by four or five policemen in turn. It was so brutal that her face became black and blue and swollen. She could not open her eyes and her body was wounded in many places. She was not released for another two weeks. Further, police forced her family members to write an affidavit promising to watch her.
In China, such persecution cases as the above are merely a drop in the ocean.
Kind-hearted countrymen, please wake up! Would not these Dafa practitioners want to lead a normal life to work, study and live? Should they be arrested and persecuted for their firm belief in "Truth-Compassion-Forbearance"? Should the law of a great country be arbitrarily abused by a government leader? Over the past two years, so many families have been torn apart; husbands, wives and children have been separated from each other, and family members killed. So many kind Dafa practitioners have been driven away from their homes to live in uncertain conditions. There have been over three hundred Dafa practitioners tortured to death, tens of thousands of practitioners have been illegally held in labor camps! Although the persecution is escalating, practitioners have not been scared by the evil. They hold compassion in their minds, clarify the truth to people with their benevolence to let the innocent people, who were fooled by the lies, be able to tell right from wrong and good from evil.
Those who still have a conscience, please seriously think it over and use your judgment with righteousness and your conscience. This is for the sake of your true life and its eternal being.
October 10, 2001
Some relate reports: