October 25, 1999 Mainland China

Today it was reported on CCTV that the general secretary of the communist party, Jiang Zeming, declared "Falun Gong" as an "evil religion" when he was interviewed by a French reporter. He also said that the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress was to vote on the legal proposal for cracking down evil religions etc.

October 25, 1999 Mainland China

Ying Chen, female, 18, a student from Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province. She went to Beijing to appeal to the central government at the beginning of August and was arrested. On the way she was escorted back to Heilongjiang Province, she was ill-treated with unbearable threats, tortures, and abuses by the police. This forced her to jump off the train and got killed.  

Dong Zhao, male, 38, from Jixi City of Heilongjiang Province. He was arrested when he was in Beijing to appeal to the central government at the end of September. The police who sent him back to Heilongjiang Province threatened and cruelly tortured him. He jumped off the train with handcuffs and got killed.

October 25, 1999, Beijing

Today, the police did not arrest those who went to appeal on the spot. Instead, the police followed them to the places where they stayed and then arrested them. Today about one thousand practitioners were arrested.

October 25, Mainland China

At Beijing time 9:30am of October 25, a dozen of Falun Dafa practitioners from Shenyang and Beijing displayed a 15-feet banner that read "Falun Dafa Practitioners' Peaceful Appeal" on Tiananmen Square. About 15 seconds later, about 20 policemen came over and beat up those practitioners and took them away.

October 24, 1999 Mainland China

My family (my wife, a 3-year-old child, and I) was taken into custody in a local Party school by the police in Shan-he City of Hebei Province. When they searched our personal belongings, a government official confiscated my 1000-Yuan money and he also refused to give me a receipt. He said that he would return it to me upon my release. When my workplace came to pick us up, this official did not appear and other officials claimed that they did not know about that. Thus, my 1000 Yuan was robbed by that official.

On our way back to Chongqing, the police of my workplace handcuffed us. After we arrived at Chongqing, I was detained in the police station for 15 days. My wife and child were not. After I was released on October 22, the officials of our workplace told us that they had fired us because we had gone to appeal. They also fired another practitioner who had gone to Beijing to appeal for the same reason. The punishments for some other practitioners were reducing them to lower ranks or changing their jobs.


October 23

In Ji-Lin province, after 4 practitioners from a factory were illegally detained and interrogated, the officials of this factory declared that they will not be paid but they are still required to continue to work everyday. However, their determination about Falun Dafa has not been shaken at all.