The Facts of the Persecution of Falun Gong -- January 20, 2008

Issued by Clearwisdom Net


  • The Police in Dingzhou City, Hebei Province Beat Ms. Jia Minying to the Brink of Death
    Ms. Jia Minyin was arrested by CCP police while she distributed materials to expose the persecution of Falun Gong. The police tortured her to the brink of death after she refused to tell them the source of the materials. Then the police extorted over ten thousand yuan from her family.
  • Falun Gong Practitioners Illegally Sentenced in Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province
  • Saertu District Court in Daiqing City secretly sentenced several Falun Gong practitioners three to seven years in prison.

    The Police in Dingzhou City, Hebei Province Beat Ms. Jia Minying to the Brink of Death

    At the end of August 2007, Falun Gong practitioner Ms.Jia Minying went to Huideying Village and distributed truth clarifying materials. She was illegally arrested and imprisoned in Dingzhou City Detention Center where she was cruelly mistreated.

    Ma Tiezhu and Zhao Shaohua, the leaders of the Domestic Security Team, and one other person locked Jia Minying into a small room, and took turns violently beating her, trying to force her to reveal where she got her truth clarifying materials. They said while beating her, "Ok, refuse to tell? Nobody would know if we peeled off your skin and took out your tendons!"

    The police beat her for one hour. Duan Jianping tried to force Jia Minying to shout "Greetings, my boss" to them, but instead she shouted "Falun Dafa is good!"

    Duan Jianping then used a stick to whip the back of Jia Minying's hand, which became very swollen and is still black.

    While being beaten by the police, Jia Minying often felt sharp pains in her head, and she also had pain all over her body and could not take in any food afterward. Her blood pressure was extremely high. Many police, including Ma Tiezhu, then threatened to force-feed her if she did not eat any food.

    In December, the police took Jia Minying from Dingzhou City, Hebei Province to Hebei Provincial Women's Forced-labor Camp where they refused to accept her because she failed the physical examination. After leaving the camp, several people, including Ma Tiezhu and the driver, locked Jia Minying in a room and severely beat her. They violently kicked and stomped on her head and body. They beat her until she passed out. Seeing that she was dying, one of the attackers said, "Let's just take her to the crematorium."

    Another perpetrator grabbed her hand and found that she still had a pulse, so he propped her up against a wall and pointed at her between her eyebrows and said, "We'll beat you to death if you don't tell us [where you got the truth clarifying materials]!"

    The police were afraid that she would die while she was with them, so they took her to the hospital. Later they extorted over ten thousand yuan from her family before releasing her.


    Falun Gong Practitioners Illegally Sentenced in Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province

    Saertu District Court in Daiqing City secretly sentenced three Falun Gong practitioners to incarceration, including Liu Zhigao, Yang Jinfeng and Yin Guirong. The sentences given were seven years for Mr. Liu, detained at unknown location, and three and a half years each for Ms. Yang and Ms. Yin, who are both incarcerated at Harbin City Women's Prison.

    In addition, practitioners Ms. Yan Xiuli and Mr. Han Defa were also sentenced. They had been illegally detained at the 1st Detention Center of Daqing City for about six months. Ms. Yan was sentenced to seven years in prison and transferred to Heilongjiang Provincial Women's Prison on November 1, 2007. Mr. Han was sentenced to three years and began serving his term at Hulan Prison in Heilongjiang Province on October 1, 2007. Their current situations are not known.

    Tieren Police Station arrested and searched the homes of practitioner Ms. Yang Jinfeng, 51, who was dismissed from her job, and Ms. Yin Guirong, 67, who lives at Denfen Village in the Jingxia region, on April 25, 2007. The officers confiscated a computer from Ms. Yang's home and jewelry belonging to her daughter-in-law, and Falun Gong books, a computer, and 2000 yuan in cash from Ms. Yin's home. Her 82 year-old husband fainted at the scene. The two were detained at the Daqing First Detention Center. Ms. Yang held a two-month hunger strike, during which time her health deteriorated to the point that her life was in danger. Ms. Yin's husband could not tolerate these developments and suffered a mental collapse.

    At around 10:00 a.m. on May 21, 2007, State Security agent Wang Tao and six or seven others from Daqing City Police Department, the Domestic Security Team, and Tieren Police Station arrested Liu Zhigao at his workplace. They covered Mr. Liu Zhigao's head with a black bag, then handcuffed his hands behind his back, and dragged him into a police vehicle. They detained him in the Daqing City First Detention Center and ransacked his home. They took his stereo, a VCD player, a computer, repair tools such as magnetic pieces, metal weights and other miscellaneous items, filling more than ten boxes. They also arrested his wife and took her into custody until 2:00 a.m. the following day.

    Mr. Liu, 48, who was dismissed from his job at Daqing City Water Company, lives in the first section of the Tieren Second Village. He had childhood polio, which resulted in paralysis of his right leg. He previously had poor health and had neck surgery. Soon after the surgery he started cultivating Falun Gong, and he became a new person. He appeared strong and healthy, with rosy color in his cheeks. Many people said this formerly argumentative person was now a good person.

    After arresting him, the police used various methods of torture on Mr. Liu. The persecutors had severely burned his esophagus and stomach by force-feeding him mustard oil, and as a result he lost his ability to eat. He became emaciated and almost died. A manager from his workplace went to Daqing City Police Department to seek outside medical help for Mr. Liu, but the police threatened to arrest the manager. As the result, police officials extorted 1 ton of gasoline from his company in exchange for dropping the arrest threat.

    On August 21, 2007, Saertu Court officials of Daiqing City commenced illegal trials for Falun Gong practitioners Mr. Liu Zhigao, Ms. Yang Jinfeng and Ms. Yin Guirong. Han Jun and Guo Baizhe from Saertu Court and Liu Yueying and Zhang Dajun from the Procuratorate fabricated crimes, and forced Mr. Liu to accept the accusations. Mr. Liu used all his energy at court to expose the acts of persecution by personnel from the Domestic Security Team at Daiqing City Police Department and Tieren Police Station. The spectators attending the trial saw how emaciated and weak Mr. Liu was, and that he had trouble standing alone. They also noticed his weak voice, which made him sound like a completely different person from the one they knew before his arrest.

    Ms. Yang Jinfeng was wearing winter clothes even though it was summer time, and she could not stand still. Ms. Yin Guirong could only walk with the aid of an assistant.

    The Domestic Security Team also arrested practitioner Ms. Yan Xiuli. Police illegally searched her home and her mother-in-law's home and took away a computer, copier, CD/DVD copier, and many CD, DVDs, and Falun Gong books. Following the search at her mother-in-law's place, the home was in disarray, the lock on a drawer was broken, and 300 yuan in cash was stolen. Police hit the hands of the bedridden mother-in-law when she tried to protect the Falun Gong books. The police also verbally abused her during the beating. Ms. Yan's non-practitioner husband was arrested that same day and detained until the following day.