Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Mr. Zhang Yanrong from Gansu Province Died after Eight Years of Repeated Torture

August 11, 2008 |  


Mr. Zhang Yanrong is from Hetan Village, Yongchang County, Jinchang City in Gansu Province. He learned Falun Gong in 1997. After he started to practice Falun Gong, his health improved and he became known as a good person by everyone who knew him. After July 20, 1999 when the CCP started to persecute Falun Gong, he appealed for justice for Falun Gong and clarified the truth about Falun Gong to people. The Yongchang County Police Department illegally arrested and tortured him many times. He was sentenced to 12 years in prison and transferred to the Lanzhou Prison, then Wuwei Third Prison and Jiuquan Prison. He was brutally tortured in prison which greatly endangered his life. He finally passed away on August 15, 2007 at the age of 48.

In 2000, Zhang Yanrong and Qin Dexing went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was arrested by the Beijing police. Two policemen used long clubs to brutally beat them. When they grew tired, two other policemen replaced them and continued beating the two practitioners.

It was winter and very cold at that time. The police cuffed their hands, hung them up by their hands and only allowed the the tips of their toes to touch the ground. Zhang Yanrong wore a cotton jacket and carried a copy of Zhuan Falun inside the jacket. The book was soaked by his sweat. The sweat dripping from his body made the ground so slippery that his toes could not even stand steady. But no matter how hard the situation was, they refused to renounce Falun Dafa.

After more than 10 days, Zhang Yanrong and Qin Dexing were sent back to their hometown by the Yongchang County Police Department and were held in the detention center. They were released after three months, but were illegally arrested again just one month after their release. Their family members asked the police why they arrested them again. The police said that it was because they went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. Practitioners Zhang Yanrong, Wang Zexing and Qin Dexing were sentenced to one and a half to two years of forced labor and were detained at the Ping'antai Forced Labor Camp for two years. During these two years, they suffered more brutal torture.

After Zhang Yanrong was sent to the forced labor camp, policemen Liu Fuhai, Li Guoyu and Peng Weiping from Yongchang County and the police from Jiaojiazhuang Town Police Station went to Zhang Yanrong's home to threaten his wife and children and stole his agricultural tricycle, video recorder and audio recorder. They sold the stolen tricycle ,originally bought for more than 9,000 yuan, without the owner's agreement for 2,500 yuan to the former Jiaojiazhuang Town Police Station chief Lu's brother-in-law, who was the neighbor of Zhang Yanrong. Then the chief of the police station lied to Zhang Yanrong's wife Wang Zefang saying they sold the tricycle for 2,000 yuan and that they used the money to cover their travel expenses to bring Zhang Yanrong back from Beijing. They also detained Wang Zefang in January 2001 for three months and released her after the spring planting started. When she was released, the police told her that there were still 500 yuan left after selling her tricycle. It was counted as the food expense for her three-month detention. Thus, the CCP police shamelessly pocketed the farming couple's hard-earned money.

Zhang Yanrong was released after two years of forced labor and went back home in February 2002. But just one month after he was released, he and his wife Wang Zefang were arrested again on March 8, 2002 by police officers Li Guoyu, Liu Fuhai, Peng Weiping, Wang and other officers from Yongchang County Police Department. They were taken to the Yongchang County Detention Center. Meanwhile, more than 30 other Falun Gong practitioners were arrested too, including Hu Shangxue, Wang Zexing, Qin Dexing, Qin Jichang, Wang Zelan, Wang Yongfang, Fan Yongcheng, Xu Dayi, Yue Peifu, Yan Shengjie, Zhang Shumei, Zhang Ximei and others.

The police brutally tortured these Falun Dafa practitioners and repeatedly beat them. Police Li Guoyu and Wang used extremely brutal methods to torture the practitioners and they even used the same brutal method to torture an over 60-year-old practitioner. Policeman Li Guoyu incited Policeman Wang to torture Zhang Yangrong by hanging him up by his feet to a wall-mounted iron ring and brutally beating him.

A few days later, the police locked Zhang Yanrong in a special torture chamber and used many torture tools to beat him for two days around the clock. Then they sent him back to the detention center. After he came back to the detention center, he was in extremely poor condition. He could barely sit up after he lay in bed for more than one month. The cuffs cut into his hands and the flesh and skin of the hands were torn and bleeding. He could not lift his hand. His feet muscles were also severely injured and he could not stand. He could not take care of himself.

The police Liu Fuhai, Li Guoyu and Peng Weiping also incited other police to brutally torture practitioners Hu Shangxue, Wang Zexing, Qin Dexing, Wang Zefang, Wang Yongfang, Fan Yongcheng, Xu Dayi, Wang Yufu, Zhang Ximei and others.

On April 30, 2002, the CCP "publicly" sentenced practitioner Zhang Yanrong and more than 30 other practitioners. They did this to to humiliate the practitioners and at the same time to scare the public. On the same afternoon, they imprisoned 15 practitioners at the Ping'antai Detention Center including a practitioner of over 60 years old with severe health problems and parents whose children would be left without care. In front of the detention center, the children who lost their parents and the seniors who lost their family members all cried hopelessly.

On September 18, 2002, the Yongchang County Court again "publicly" sentenced Falun Dafa practitioners Zhang Yanrong, Hu Shangxue, Wang Zexing, Qin Dexing, Yue Peifu, Qin Dechang, Yan Shengjie, Wang Zefang, Wang Yongfang, Fan Yongcheng, Xu Dayi from 7 to 12 years in prison. The practitioners were imprisoned in the Lanzhou City Prison and Lanzhou City Women's Prison on November 28, 2002.

In 2003, Zhang Yanrong, Wang Zexing, Qing Dexing and more than 10 other practitioners were transferred to the Wuwei Prison. On December 1, 2005, they were transferred again to the Jiuquan Prison and forcibly brainwashed and pressured to "transform". They were not allowed to sleep for 18 days and not allowed to close their eyes for even a moment. They were also not allowed to sit and were forced to stand in the middle of the room. The police used electric batons and other ways to torture them.

Zhang Yanrong and Wang Zexing suffered from brutal tortures during the frequent prison transfers. They could not live a normal life and their injured bodies could not recover. Instead, their health deteriorated more and more. The police in Jiuquan Prison brutally tortured the Dafa practitioners physically and mentally. The police often beat practitioners so badly that their faces were covered with blood and there were bruises all over their bodies.

Falun Dafa practitioner Zhang Yanrong suffered from eight years of continuous brutal torture and his body and mind were severely damaged. He passed away on August 15, 2007.

Related article:


July 26, 2008