Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Acheng City Police Department Refuses to Compensate Family for Wrongful Death of Mr. Huang Fujun

January 27, 2008 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Huang Fujun of Acheng City, Heilongjiang Province was illegally arrested by police at Majiadian Village in Songfengshan Town on July 24, 2007. During the subsequent detention at Acheng First Detention Center, he was violently force-fed while on a protest hunger strike. Later, Mr. Huang became unconscious as a result of the continued forced-feedings. In early November 2007, the detention center rushed him to the hospital for resuscitation. During the hospitalization, the guards still handcuffed and shackled him to the hospital bed. On November 3, 2007, Mr. Huang was dying and he was still unconscious. Seeing that he was about to die, the guards let his family take him back home. Three days following his release, Mr. Huang Fujun passed away at home.

Huang Fujun was a very healthy man before he was arrested. He had no illnesses, and he was his family's major source of income. After only three months of detention, he had become emaciated. By the time he was finally taken to the hospital, he had already lost consciousness and was dying. There was also a large area of his back that was covered with a festering wound.

Mr. Huang Fujun's family requested that an autopsy be done. The autopsy showed that Mr. Huang had pneumonia and coronary sclerosis. These diseases were believed to have caused his sudden death. Acheng Traditional Medicine Hospital's exam showed sudden kidney failure.

A healthy man lost consciousness after only three months of illegal detention, and he never regained consciousness before his death. When Mr. Huang became unconscious, the detention center should have notified his family and followed the correct procedures to try and save his life. Mr. Huang's tortuous death is a result of illegal and brutal detention by the Acheng City Police Department, the Acheng City Justice Enforcement Agency, the Acheng City Domestic Security Division and the Acheng City First Detention Center.

The family of Mr. Huang Fujun requested that the Acheng City Police Department compensate them according to the Chinese National Compensation Law. Mr. Huang's family lost their major source of income; his wife has a monthly income of only about three hundred yuan. Mr. Huang's mother-in-law just had a surgery and his daughter is attending Junior High School and needs to pay tuition and school fees.

However, the Acheng Police Department refused to compensate Mr. Huang's family, and gave the family a notice saying that they would not pay them anything. Mr. Huang's family has appealed the decision. In the meantime, his body has been stored at the Acheng City Funeral Home for more than two months, and plans have not yet been made for cremation or a funeral.

Related article: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2007/11/13/91319.html