Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Liu Guimei Suffers Years of Persecution

September 30, 2007 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) The following is a shortened version of a longer and more detailed article that appeared on the Chinese version of Clearwisdom.net.

Ms. Liu Guimei, 45, resided in Tiecheng Village, Mengyin Township, Mengyin County, Shandong Province. Since the persecution of Falun Dafa practitioners started on July 20, 1999, she was harassed numerous times by local officials, including Jiao Yuxiang, a former propaganda officer in Jushan Town; Jiang Liangjun, deputy Communist Party secretary of Jushan Town; Li Zongtang, former police chief of the Jushan Police Station; Wang Yeyi, former deputy police chief of the Jushan Police Station; and policeman Qiu Ming.

On February 11, 2000, Ms. Liu Guimei was illegally arrested and held at the Jushan Police Station for a day. In late February, authorities extorted 3,000 yuan from her. In order to avoid further persecution, she was forced into homelessness for four months.

On March 4, 2001, Ms. Liu was arrested by over a dozen people, including Gong Pibao, a former Communist Party secretary of the Mengyin Township Political and Judicial Committee, Wang Zhijun, Zhang Xianqiang, and Zhang Zhihu. She was sent to a brainwashing center in Chapeng and was held there for more than a month.

In 2002, local officials in Mengyin Township tried to arrest her again. Ms. Liu Guimei managed to escape, but she was forced into homelessness again. Her home was illegally searched.

On February 29, 2003, Liu Guimei was arrested in Xintai and was later held at the Changlu Police Station.

She was then taken to a brainwashing center operated by the county 610 Office. She held a hunger strike to protest the persecution. The head of the 610 Office, Lei Yancheng, and staff from Mengyin County Chinese Medical Hospital brutally force-fed her through her nose. They added drugs to her food and injected her with more drugs. After the force-feeding, Liu Guimei had severe stomach pain, and she could not lie down or sit up.

In March 2003, Ms. Liu Guimen was sentenced by the county 610 Office to three years of forced labor. She was sent to the First Women's Forced Labor Camp in Shandong Province, where she was subjected to brutal mental and physical tortures. Despite all that she was forced to endure, she remained steadfast in her belief in Falun Dafa.