Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Li Huiqi from Shijiazhuang, Hebei Province Dies Five Years after Being Paralyzed by Torture at the Shijiazhuang Labor Camp (Photo)

May 16, 2007 |  

Li Huiqi

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Li Huiqi in Hebei Province was paralyzed in 2002 from torture at the Shijiazhuang Labor Camp. She died on April 27, 2007, at the age of 40 after enduring five years of excruciating pain. Following are the details.

Li Huiqi was born in 1967 and worked at the Shijiazhuang Paint Factory in Hebei Province. She never spent a single Chinese New Year with her family after 1999 because of the persecution.

Li Huiqi paralyzed and in a coma. Her trachea was cut and she breathed through a tube.

Li Huiqi went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa on January 6, 2000 [lunar calendar] and the police illegally arrested her. She was held at the paint factory following her release. She explained the facts to her colleagues during the end-of-year meeting in December 2000 and told them, "Falun Dafa is good." The factory officials canceled her work contract and notified the Youyi Street Police Station. She was then arrested from home and held at a detention center and later at the police station.

Li Huiqi was reported on December 2, 2001, while clarifying the facts about Falun Gong near the factory. She was arrested by officers from the Weiming Street Police Station in Shijiazhuang City and held at No. 1 Detention Center of Shijiazhuang City for two months. She was taken to Group 2, Division 4 of Shijiazhuang Labor Camp on February 2, 2002 where she was held for one year.

She was on the brink of death from torture several times at the labor camp. Her family demanded to see her and requested medical parole, but the camp authorities rudely refused. They tried to extort money from the family, but did not succeed.

Li Huiqi was taken to the Emergency Department at Hebei Province People's Hospital on April 9, 2002 when she was close to death. Her family was finally allowed to see her for the first time since she was taken to the labor camp. She was emaciated.

The camp authorities did not end the persecution there. During her hospitalization, five police officers stood outside her room while three plainclothes police officers stayed inside her room and monitored her 24 hours a day. They arrested practitioners who went to visit her. The persecutors were afraid the facts of her persecution would come out and did everything to prevent their crimes from being exposed.

Li Huiqi was a quadriplegic [whole-body paralysis] and was in a coma. Her trachea was cut so she could breathe through a tube.

She used to have a happy family. Her husband watched her painful struggles with death but could not alleviate her suffering. After taking care of her for 100 days, his frayed nerves could no longer take it. He said, "If I see her go through this hell for one more minute I'll throw up blood!" He divorced Li Huiqi.

The camp authorities turned the still unconscious Li Huiqi over to her family on December 3, 2002, claiming her sentence had expired. The responsibility of caring for her fell on the shoulders of her older sister.

For a long time after she was taken home, police cars and 610 Office agents were staked outside her home every day. They monitored her and her family. There were still evildoers harassing the family at their home on May 20, 2006.

Li Huiqi passed away on April 27, 2007. Her tragic death is the result of persecution at the hands of agents from the Hebei Province 610 Office and those from the Shijiazhuang Labor Camp.