Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Before Qi Tingsong Died as a Result of Torture, Laiwu City Police Filed Records Claiming He "Committed Suicide in Fear of Punishment"

December 03, 2007 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Qi Tingsong, a Falun Gong practitioner from Laiwu City, Shandong Province, was arrested on October 15, 2007. He was severely tortured by the police until his death at noon on November 11. On November 6, the CCP police met at the Liangpo Police Station. They falsely recorded that Qi Tingsong had "committed suicide in fear of punishment" at the meeting.

Before Qi Tingsong went into a coma from the torture, he had severe hemorrhage during his bowel movement. He also spit blood from his mouth. The medical examination record also clearly indicated that he had severe liver, heart and kidney failure, anemia due to blood transfusion and upper digestive tract hemorrhage. His lips had become rotten. His tongue was black and had been cut shorter as there was a clearly cut section. His lower back and arms had severe scars.

Mr. Qi Tingsong, 67 years old, was a retired teacher at the school of the Ezhuang Mine of the Xinwen Mining Bureau in Shandong Province. Before Qi Tingsong was arrested, he was strong, healthy and without any disease. He was an optimistic and active person. He was tortured to death within about 20 days of his arrest.

At about 8 a.m. on October 15, 2007 when Qi Tingsong was clarifying the truth about Falun Gong at the Gouli Village, Gaozhuang Town in Laicheng District, he was reported and subsequently arrested. At about 8 a.m. on October 18, Qi Tingsong's family members went to see police officer Liu Qing in the police department. His family asked that Qi Tingsong be released. Liu Qing angrily ordered the police officers to take Qi's family members to other rooms. He did not let Mr. Qi's family see him. The Security Section head of the Ezhuang Mine,Yang Leping, conspired with police officer Liu Qing and the 610 Office to sentence Qi Tingsong to forced labor. On the evening of November 5, Qi Tingsong was sent to the Laiwu City Hospital for emergency rescue.

Early the next morning, at about 3:00 a.m., the hospital sent out a "critically ill " notice. Based on the hospital's medical examination record, Qi Tingsong had severe liver, heart and kidney failure, upper digestive tract hemorrhage and severe internal injury.

Why was such a healthy person hospitalized for medical rescue within a few days of being arrested? What did the Laiwu Police Department and the Laiwu Detention Center police do to Qi Tingsong from October 15 to November 15? Why did Qi Tingsong have severe internal injury and so many scars on his body? Police officer Liu Qing, 610 Office personnel and the Ezhuang Mine Security Section Head Yang Leping refused to pay 4,000 yuan for Qi Tingsong's medical expense. Since they did not pay for the medical expense, the hospital neither treated Qi Tingsong nor allowed him to be transferred to another hospital before all the medical expenses were paid off. Qi Tingsong's family members tried everything they could think of to borrow 4,000 yuan to pay the medical expenses in order to transfer Qi Tingsong to the Xinwen Mining Bureau Center Hospital in Shandong Province for emergency rescue. Qi Tingsong's family members resorted to the 1,000 yuan belonging to Qi Tingsong's retirement pension. Qi Tingsong also had a son who is paralyzed and needs medical treatment every day. Qi Tingsong's family had lived at his employer's apartment building and had to pay his employer for rent. About two years ago, their apartment was taken by Qi Tingsong's employer and they had to move many times.

The police realized that Qi Tingsong's life was in great danger. They forced his family members to sign the letter stating that the police already released Qi Tingsong so as to evade being held responsible for his death. Yang Leping also sent people to monitor Qi Tingsong every day for 'nursing' visits (this was actually meant to further persecute Qi Tingsong). Qi Tingsong's family members did not accept this and went to Yang Leping to appeal. Yang Leping brazenly told them that the police had already met in the Liangpo Police Station and recorded Qi Tingsong death as "committing suicide in fear of punishment."

On the morning of November 6, the Xinwen Mining Bureau Security Head, Yang Leping, and the personnel from the Laiwu City Judicial and Public Security Bureau met in the Liangpo Police Station. They conspired and recorded that Qi Tingsong had "utilized [Jiang's slanderous term deleted] organizations to undermine the implementation of the law and committed suicide in fear of punishment." At about 12: 30 p.m. on November 11, Qi Tingsong died at the Xinwen Mining Bureau Central Hospital at the age of 67.

Qi Tingsong had been practicing Falun Gong since 1997. He was diligent in every means and lived according to a practitioner's standard. His body and mind had greatly benefited. Although he was nearly 70 years old, he appeared to be around 60 years old. He was optimistic and active. Since Jiang Zemin started to persecute Falun Dafa publicly on July 20, 1999, the people of the world were poisoned by the regime's lies. As a Falun Dafa practitioner, Qi Tingsong clearly knew Falun Dafa to be a righteous path. In order to save people from being poisoned and let them know that Falun Dafa is good, he withstood enormous pressure and risked his life to go to Beijing to appeal against the persecution and to clarify the truth. He was arrested several times. His home was ransacked many times. He did not cooperate with the evil regime. Although he became homeless to avoid arrest, he still continuously clarified the truth to people. In the winter of 2001, when he was clarifying the truth in Linyi City, he was arrested. He was taken to the Linyi City Forced Labor Camp where he was brutally tortured. After half a year of abuse, his blood pressure increased significantly. Fearing that they would be held responsible, the forced labor camp then released him.

Persons responsible for Qi Tingsong's death:

Liu Qing, the head of the Politics and Security Section of Laicheng District, Laiwu City: 86-634-6283037 (Office), 86-634-6283256 (Home), 86-634-5961678 and 86-634-8036008 (Cell)
Cheng Fayong, the head of the Laiwu City Detention Center: 86-634-6287103 (Office), 86-634-6218799 (Home), 86-13963401969 (Cell)
Yang Leping, the head of the Ezhuang Mine Security Section of the Xinwen Mining Bureau in Shandong Province: 86-13963468875 (Cell)

Related article: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2007/11/16/91392.html