Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Elderly Farmer Ms. Li Hongjin from Huludao City, Liaoning Province, Died under the Persecution

April 04, 2005 |   By a Falun Gong practitioner in Huludao City, Liaoning Province

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Li Hongjin from Dayinpo, Lijiawopu Village, Nuanchitang Township, Huludao City, Liaoning Province, was determined to practice Falun Dafa. She went to Beijing twice to validate Falun Dafa and was persecuted. The day before the 2002 Chinese New Year she was held at Shaguotun Detention Center in the Nanpiao District and was so brutally persecuted that she was at the brink of death. She was released, but even at home she never recovered, and the police continued to monitor her closely. She passed away on June 6, 2004. Before she died, she was still telling her family that Falun Dafa is great. Her story follows.

Ms. Li Hongjin had always been in poor health. She never went to school. Ms. Li started practicing Falun Gong in January 1997. Because she couldn't read, she relied on listening to tapes to study the Fa and practice the exercises. Gradually all her disease symptoms disappeared, and she was very happy and grateful for Master's benevolent salvation.

Jiang's regime started persecuting Falun Gong on July 20, 1999. Ms. Li Hongjin went to Beijing to appeal and validate Dafa but was arrested at Tiananmen Square. That same night she was incarcerated in the Nuanchitang Police Station and sent to the Shaguotun Detention Center in the Nanpiao District. After 20 days of illegal detention, she was released. She never gave up cultivation and continued to study the Fa and practice the exercises.

On December 25, 2000, she went to Beijing again to appeal for Dafa, and Tiananmen Square police arrested her. At around 8:00 p.m. on December 26, Nuanchitang Police Station personnel took her home and sent her to the Shaguotun Detention Center. The third day in the detention center she was tortured so severely that she developed an excruciatingly painful stomachache, which made her suffer terribly. Nobody paid attention to her. Her pain lasted for over a month.

On January 22, 2001, her stomach hurt so much that she almost couldn't bear it. At around 10:00 p.m., detention center personnel sent her to the Nanpiao District Hospital. At that time, Li Hongjin's daughter was also being held at the same detention center, but the supervisor didn't even allow her daughter to go with her. After they arrived at the hospital, the police assigned her a bed with a straw mattress without any blankets and then left. Nobody treated her at the hospital. When she arrived there, she fainted from the pain and didn't regain consciousness until the next morning.

Due to Ms. Li Hongjin's poor health, the detention center didn't want to keep her, so they sent her home. She never recovered but was still closely monitored. She wasn't able to publicly practice Falun Gong. The village officials harassed her frequently at home to prevent her from practicing. They even ordered her daughter-in-law to monitor her. Ms. Li did not have an opportunity to study the Fa and practice the exercises, which caused her health to deteriorate. At last she wasn't even able to get out of bed. Her family sent her to several hospitals, but nobody could tell what disease she was suffering from. After all these struggles, she passed away on June 6, 2004.