Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Falun Dafa Miraculously Renewed My Body

Jan. 24, 2022 |   By Xia Lian, a Falun Dafa practitioner in Liaoning Province, China

(Minghui.org) I am 64 years old and I have practiced Falun Dafa for almost 25 years. After reading Zhuan Falun for the first time in 1997, I tried to live according to Falun Dafa’s guiding principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. Master soon purified my body and the many chronic illnesses that I suffered from, such as inflammation of the gallbladder, stomach ulcer, neurasthenia, appendicitis, arthritis, arrhythmia, herniated lumbar disc, diabetes, and mastitis, disappeared. My body felt incredibly light and I was thrilled!

I strove to improve my morals and be a good person. I cared for and was considerate of my husband and I treated my in-laws as my own parents. Our family life was harmonious and happy. At work, I was kind to my co-workers and was always willing to extend a helping hand. Although I was the office director, I never exploited my power for personal gain. I went above and beyond the call of duty with each and every assignment, and I was praised by everyone at work.

The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) could not tolerate such a popular spiritual practice as Falun Dafa. A persecution campaign was launched in the summer of 1999 and thousands of practitioners were arbitrarily detained, imprisoned, tortured, and some were killed.

For upholding my faith, I was sentenced to seven years in prison in 2005 and four and a half years in 2016. While imprisoned, I was tortured and sustained severe bodily injuries that could have easily led to disability or death. But with Master Li’s (Falun Dafa’s founder) help and protection, my body was miraculously rebuilt multiple times.

On the Brink of Death

I was arrested and taken to the Heishan Detention Center in October 2005. I resisted when a guard tried to handcuff my hands behind my back. He broke my right forearm. I went on a hunger strike to protest and was force-fed by an on-site doctor with the help of guards and a few criminal inmates.

A rubber tube as thick as a finger was inserted into my nose and into my stomach. My nose and my throat were scratched and blood streamed from my nose and mouth. I could not breathe. I felt nauseous but I could not vomit. My hands were cuffed behind my back and the tube was left in place from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

In between torture sessions during which I went in and out of consciousness, I was sentenced to seven years in prison at the detention center on January 16, 2006. Three weeks later, guards carried me out, put me in a police car, and took me to the Dabei Prison.

During the physical check up, I was found to have severe kidney failure, heart failure, high acidity in the blood, and extreme malnutrition. The doctor reported that I was in critical condition so the prison administrators refused to admit me.

In order to get me admitted, the detention center guards bribed the prison officials with 5,000 yuan. With each transfer from a local detention center to prison, the prison system usually reimburses the detention center 800 yuan. The guards from the Heishan Detention Center were willing to pay the prison to have me admitted.

Seeing how weak I was, the prison officials were afraid I might suddenly die under their watch and therefore refused to complete the transfer. I was taken back to the Heishan Detention Center and subjected to another round of IV fluids and force-feeding.

A deputy center director, out of kindness, told me, “I’ll bring you a copy of Zhuan Falun. You can read your book.” I told him, “This is not the place to study the Fa. I want to go home and study the Fa.”

While being force-fed on the morning of February 13, I spit out two lumps of dark purple blood. The guards must have thought I was going to die so they quickly pulled out the feeding tube and called my family to pick me up.

At this point, my entire body was swollen. I couldn’t walk or control my urine. As I crawled to the bathroom one day soon after my release, I experienced an episode of heart failure and couldn’t talk. I asked Master for help before I passed out. When I woke up, my clothes were wet with sweat. I knew Master once again saved me. I’ve had episodes of heart failure before and only survived because I called Master for help.

I was in such bad shape that I was practically pronounced dead by the doctor and denied admission to prison. However, through diligently studying the Fa and doing the exercises, I completely regained my health in just a month after returning home.

My Broken Arm Is Back to Normal

I was arrested again in September 2007 and detained at the Tieling City Detention Center for over a month. In late October, I was transferred to the Masanjia Women’s Forced Labor Camp where I was held for a year and a half.

In October 2008, a few detained practitioners were handcuffed and hung up by their wrists from bunk beds because they refused to sign the guarantee statement to stop practicing Falun Dafa. Because I protested this cruel treatment, I was also hung up from a bunk bed.

My upper body was pushed into the space between the beds and my lower body was left outside of the frame. My legs were tied together and secured to an angle iron under the bed. My two arms were spread out and cuffed to the two opposite side rails of the upper bunk. I couldn’t stand up to straighten my lower back nor squat down completely. My arms carried the weight of my entire body.

Within minutes, I began sweating profusely and my hands swelled up and turned dark purple. The pain was unbearable. As time passed, the handcuffs cut into my wrists and they began bleeding. I was hung in this position for two days. When I was finally let down, I had no sensation in the right side of my body and I couldn’t keep any food down. A guard later told me that rarely did anyone withstand this type of torture for two days—if they didn’t die, they were disabled.

I still couldn’t feel anything on the right side of my body so, after three weeks, I requested a physical exam. I asked the doctor, “Is there hope for recovery?” He hesitated, “It all depends on how physical therapy goes. It may take a couple of months or maybe a couple of years, or even a decade.” I asked him for the truth, “Are you saying there is permanent damage?” He said, “We don’t have the equipment to find out whether it’s permanent or not. We can’t be sure.”

The right side of my body remained numb. Toward the end of December, when I didn’t comply with the request to sign the guarantee statement, three guards grabbed my right hand which still didn’t have any sensation, and forcibly pressed my hand onto the form to get a fingerprint. My arm was displaced and stuck in a raised position.

The prison doctor couldn’t do anything about it so I was taken to the medical center at Shenyang Medical University. The doctor there said that surgery was the only way to fix my arm. I didn’t agree to surgery and said that as long as I was allowed to do the Falun Dafa exercises, I would be fine. The prison guards then took me to see the director at Shenyang Orthopedic Hospital for treatment. The treatment was excruciating since three days had passed since my arm was broken. I thought, “I am a Falun Dafa practitioner. What am I doing getting treatment?” With my left hand, I took the clamps off my right arm.

Once back at Masanjia, I was placed in a warehouse on the fourth floor. A detainee from Hubei was assigned to take care of me. I lay on the bed and recited “On Dafa,” and all the poems I could remember from Hong Yin and Hong Yin II. As I recited the Fa, I felt as if someone was pulling on my arm repeatedly, but it didn’t hurt at all.

Three weeks later, when I was taken back to the orthopedic hospital for a check-up, the doctors found that my arm was reset. However, the right side of my body was still numb and I couldn’t take care of myself.

After my release in March 2009, I continued to read the teachings and do the exercises. In just three weeks, I fully recovered.

There isn’t even a lump where my arm was broken. Anyone who’s had a fractured bone knows that a broken bone does not grow directly back together. The body produces fibrous tissue that wraps around the broken part so after the bone heals, there will be a lump. However, my arm was completely back to normal and there were no lumps at all.

I could have become disabled, but Master rebuilt a new and healthy body for me.

“Your Gallbladder Looks Like it Has Undergone Surgery”

I was arrested and detained again for practicing Falun Dafa in June 2016. During the quarterly physical exam at the Jinzhou Detention Center, the doctor who performed an ultrasound asked me, “Have you had surgery on your gallbladder?” I shook my head, “No. Is there something wrong with my gallbladder?” He said, “Your gallbladder looks like it has undergone surgery. The wall is thin, smooth, and even.”

I told him that I had had cholangitis before, the infection of the bile ducts and gallbladder, but was fine after I began practicing Falun Dafa without any treatment or surgery. The doctor shook his head in disbelief, “Incredible. That’s incredible.”

This reminded me of another incident that took place more than 10 years ago. While I was detained in the Heishan Detention Center, I went on a hunger strike and was taken to the county hospital for a gastroscopy.

On the way back, one of the two guards that escorted me said to another, “All lies. She claimed to have had cholangitis but her gallbladder wall is thin and healthy.” I overheard them and thought, “I really did have cholangitis before I started practicing Falun Dafa. The doctor even told me that my gallbladder wall was thick and that I needed surgery sooner or later. I did not lie.” But I was too weak to argue.

However, I was too weak to argue at the time or ask why they made that comment. Now I am told about my gallbladder wall, it all made sense. I know Master has purified my gallbladder and now it is healthy as can be.

This Old Lady Is Healthier Than a Young Person

I was sentenced to four and a half years in prison following my arrest in June 2016. When I was released in October 2020, I was 63 years old.

The prison doctor performed a comprehensive physical exam prior to my release. Looking at my test results, one doctor said to others, “This old lady’s heart rate and blood pressure indicate that she’s healthier than a young person.” I told them that I suffered from renal failure, heart failure, and acidosis before, and being still alive was a miracle in itself.

I told them how I was arrested and sentenced in 2005. I explained that I was tortured and in such critical condition that the prison authorities denied my admission. However, only a month after I returned home and resumed Fa study and the exercises, I was completely back to normal. I explained that I regained my health through practicing Falun Dafa and was as healthy as could be.

The doctors all thought it was amazing. “It is such a miracle,” one said.

Through cultivating Falun Dafa, I’ve found where I truly belong. During the CCP regime’s two-decade-long violent persecution, I’ve suffered brutal torture and sustained severe injuries. However, the substance of my being has been upgraded by Master. Master has rebuilt my body over and over again and reshaped my life. Words cannot express my immense gratitude to Master!

Thank you, Master. It is wonderful to be your disciple.