Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Shaanxi Woman Has Been Detained Incommunicado for Over a Year

Aug. 19, 2020 |   By a Minghui correspondent in Shaanxi Province, China

(Minghui.org) An Ankang City, Shaanxi Province resident has been detained incommunicado for more than a year for her faith in Falun Gong, an ancient spiritual and meditation discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Ms. Han Guangying, 52, was arrested on September 22, 2019, after being reported for talking to people about Falun Gong. She has been detained at Ankang City No.1 Detention Center. The guards didn’t allow her family to visit her, nor did they accept the clothes and daily necessities they sent her.

In the past 21 years, Ms. Han has been arrested and incarcerated multiple times for her faith.

While serving an unknown term at Shaanxi Province Women’s Forced Labor Camp, Ms. Han was hung from a bunk bed for two days in January 2001, after she refused to watch propaganda videos demonizing Falun Gong. In April 2001, the guards forced her to stand for several days without sleep. Her feet and legs became severely swollen. On another occasion, the guards hung her up from the window frame, with her feet barely touching the ground.

On June 21, 2001, the guards searched 28 Falun Gong practitioners’ bedding and clothes, and found some Falun Gong teachings they had been passing around secretly. When Ms. Han and several practitioners asked the guards to return it, they beat them with a hard stick. Ms. Han became deaf in one ear. Ms. Li Cuifang became incontinent and passed out. Ms. Mei Hongying, 61, suffered partial memory loss.

The guards then handcuffed the practitioners and ordered the inmates to beat and kick them. Ms. Han’s chest and back were covered with bruises.

The guards beat her again on December 3, 2001, when she was trying to stop them from beating an elderly practitioner, Ms. Zhao Jiabi.

Ms. Han was arrested in April 2006 while distributing informational materials about Falun Gong and later sentenced to four years.