Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Inspired by the Falun Paradise

June 24, 2019 |   By a Falun Dafa practitioner in China

(Minghui.org) I was a professor at a local university. I began practicing Falun Dafa in 1996 and am now 77 years old.

Before I retired, I passed a qualification exam to study automotive engineering for a year in Canada as a visiting scholar. After I returned, the university reassigned me to be the director of the library. It was not my specialty, and I did not understand why.

I Dreamed of My Heavenly Home

I had a vivid dream one night not long after my return to China: I saw a long red carpet slowly unfold towards the ocean, and two monks invited me to walk on it towards the ocean. There was a magnificent Ark near the shore. It looked like an ancient grand palace with carved jade and glazed tile, so magnificent it was hard to describe.

The Ark set sail, and after a long while, a glittering mirage-like fairyland appeared before my eyes. We disembarked and saw everything shining. There were translucent and splendid palaces, dazzling pavilions, and many exotic and beautiful flowers and trees. I was speechless.

I went to a golden gazebo that had a table and chairs and was served tea. I was so moved with such red-carpet treatment. A monk asked me, “Do you like it here? This is the Falun Paradise. Go back and cultivate well and you will return.”

From that point on, the Falun Paradise was imprinted in my memory. It was so vivid and real! I realized that was where I came from, and I vowed to return home with Master.

My wife, who is also practitioner, told me that Master had arranged my path and I should not be upset about being assigned to the library, that I should be happy that I would have more time to cultivate.

Greatly pleased, I went to work the next day. Fellow practitioners often studied the Fa and did the exercises with me in the library. We were firmly walking the path of cultivation together.

A Flower Blossoms at Home

Jiang Zemin launched persecution of Falun Dafa in July 1999, and lies and slander blanketed the earth. I could no longer stand by as innocent people were poisoned by the propaganda. I had to make them aware of the truth.

I purchased the necessary materials and equipment to produce informational materials. After work, I made and distributed them myself. I also offered DVDs and fliers to fellow practitioners in our area. Once, my wife and I distributed over 100 items to the students in front of the cafeteria.

As we were doing that, my wife told me that the secretary of the Automotive Department was heading straight to the cafeteria. I did not move—I just wanted to save the students. He went into the cafeteria without seeing me. With Master's protection, we handed out all of our materials.

Master's Protection

One day, I went to the student dormitory to distribute information and was not aware that the college security was patrolling the area. They discovered me and confiscated my materials. They commented that I was pretty bold to do that in broad daylight.

They took me to the security office and asked if I had handed out information about Falun Dafa. I had no fear and felt that Master was with me, and I asked them to take a look at my materials. They said that because of what I had done, they had to punish me. They drove me toward the detention center but did not stop there and continued on. It was dark and they let me out far away from any residential area. I told them that if I went missing, my family would go after them. They believed me, and took me back and let me go. Master protected me again.

One day, the university received posters that slandered Falun Dafa and put them up in the library hall. We practitioners were all very concerned and intensified our sending forth righteous thoughts. Several days later, I felt I could not leave the posters up any longer. I tore all of them down and started to walk out of the library. The guard at the door saw the posters under my arm and refused to let me go. The security person called someone in the 610 Office at the college and asked what to do with me. I had already clarified the truth to this person and he understood the nature of the persecution and had quit the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). He told the guard that it was all right and to let me go. Master protected me again!

Taking Care of My “Nephew”

My wife and I often went out to send forth righteous thoughts near the jail. We learned that a practitioner from out of town was being tortured inside. He had no visitors and his health was deteriorating. We wanted to help and support him, but we did not want to expose our identity. We asked Master to help us.

When we arrived at the jail, before we could speak, the guard said, “You must be his aunt and uncle, right?” We agreed. He said that they did not know that he had any family nearby. He took a look at our IDs and had our “nephew” brought out.

He was carried out on a stretcher. We told him that we were his aunt and uncle and had brought him food and necessities. We later learned that his wife had divorced him and his son did not contact him. During the worst of the persecution, he had gone up into the mountains during the frigid winter. When he came down, he passed out from hunger and cold. A good Samaritan warmed him up and fed him but did not dare to keep him. He took him to the city and found a fellow practitioner. But his feet had been frostbitten and one heel was slowly rotting away.

He was later arrested for making informational materials and was sentenced to 11 years. Nobody knew he was in jail, and his family thought he was dead. In jail, the guards and the inmates abused him. He was paralyzed and became incontinent. He had no pants, only a dirty quilt to cover him. Other inmates ran water through his quilt to clean his waste and covered him again without drying it. He was only in his 40s, but he looked like a frail old man: all his teeth were gone and he was emaciated.

We put money on his card and brought him clothes, a clean quilt, and food. Since they knew that he had “family” nearby, the guards and inmates no longer abused him. We visited him often until he was released.

Fellow practitioners contacted his family and clarified the truth to them. His mother had passed away shortly after he was arrested. His father, paralyzed and bedridden, also passed away before his son was released. His brother did not understand Falun Dafa or the truth about the persecution and was reluctant to visit his brother. He eventually realized that practitioners are good people. He was moved to tears and asked for forgiveness.

On the day that our “nephew” was released, over a hundred fellow practitioners came to greet him. We surrounded and protected him and stymied the 610 Office's attempt to take him away to further torment him. His brother was so moved, he knelt on the ground and kept thanking all of us. The brothers cried on each other's shoulders. Afterward, the brother selflessly took care of his practitioner brother.

My wife and I are still diligently studying the Fa, sending forth righteous thoughts, and doing the exercises daily. We continued to tell people the truth about Falun Gong. Whenever I think of my long-ago dream, it continues to encourage me to remain firm and steadfast on my path of cultivation.