Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

I Visited the Brainwashing Center Every Day Until My Mom Was Released

April 08, 2019 |   By a Falun Dafa practitioner's son

(Minghui.org) My mom had very poor health when she was young and my birthweight was low. By the time I was six, my body was still under-developed. I was short with a huge belly, and my neck was abnormally short. I was a very unhealthy and disabled kid in the eyes of adults. I had many physical exams. The doctors said I had maldevelopment and prescribed many kinds of tonics, but they didn't help. My developmental problems became a huge headache for my family.

Mom's health was terrible back then. She had rheumatic heart disease and colonitis. She had taken medicine for years, but it didn't help. Fortunately, Mom started practicing Falun Dafa and completely recovered from these diseases. I also studied the Fa with Mom and her friends. One day, my stomach hurt badly. I threw up some greenish liquid. It was terrible, but after that, my big tummy shrank miraculously and my body started developing normally.

However, I spent my spare time playing after I started elementary school. Gradually I forgot about doing the exercises and studying the Fa, but the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance were still deeply rooted in my heart.

Mom was later imprisoned by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) just because she refused to give up her practice. I had to stay with my grandma and my second aunt. I missed Mom, especially when I was bullied by other kids. I wished Mom was there to protect me. I would cry when I thought of her. I felt helpless and blamed her for not being there.

Mom was finally released, and she helped me through a serious tribulation. One day, our neighbor, Uncle Cheng, gave me a ride on his motorcycle. His brakes suddenly stopped working and the motorcycle crashed and I flew out and landed more than ten meters away. My shoulder was broken and it hurt terribly. I could only lean on one side. As soon as I saw medicine that the doctors wanted me to take, I wanted to throw up. I told mom that I couldn't take it. Mom said, “OK, how about listening to Master's lectures?”

I listened to Master's lectures for two whole days. On the third day, my shoulder stopped hurting. My whole body felt relaxed. I knew that I would have died if Master hadn't protected me. I sincerely thank Master for saving me!

I stopped holding grudges against Mom since then. Mom reimbursed Uncle Cheng the money he had spent on me, and bought a roast chicken for him to express her appreciation. Uncle Cheng and his family were touched. They gained a new understanding of Falun Dafa and finally realized why Mom had firmly believed in Falun Dafa despite the brutal persecution.

In September 2015, local police and government officials broke into our home and searched our house. I was already a young man. I did my best to protect my mom. I blocked their way and asked, “Isn't there freedom of belief?” They knocked me down and choked me. I could hardly breathe. Our kind elderly neighbor hurried to stop the police. She said, “Please let him go! He is still a child!” The policemen finally stopped choking me, but they threatened to throw me into a detention center.

Mom was forcibly taken to a brainwashing center. My family and I went to request her release the next day. They claimed the only way they would let her go was that she give up practicing Falun Dafa. I said, “My mom would have died a long time ago if she hadn't practiced Falun Dafa. How could I persuade her to give it up? If she had done anything wrong, our family would have stopped her from practicing.”

I went to the brainwashing center every day to request the release of my mom. I was afraid Mom would be thrown into a labor camp or prison again. I couldn't bear to think we would be separated again. Eventually most of the people working in the center learned facts of Falun Dafa, and finally, Mom was released unconditionally.