Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Once Detained for 7 Years, Former Aircraft Engineer Imprisoned Again for His Belief

March 15, 2019 |   By a Minghui correspondent in Guangdong Province

(Minghui.org) A former aircraft engineer currently living in Zhuhai City, Guangdong Province was recently sentenced to three and a half years in prison. His latest conviction was preceded by multiple arrests and a cumulative seven years of detention in the past.

All these detentions are related to Mr. Lin's belief in Falun Gong. Also known as Falun Dafa, it is a meditation system that consists of gentle exercises and principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. This practice has been persecuted by the communist party in China since July 1999.

Mr. Lin Yongxu, a former aircraft engineer currently living in Guangdong Province, was recently sentenced to three and a half years in prison.

The most recent arrest of Mr. Lin occurred on May 21, 2017 when he was seized at home by Zhuhai City police. He was sentenced to three and a half years in prison and fined 3,000 yuan. In his appeal, he urged the judges at Zhuhai City Intermediate Court to uphold justice for Falun Gong practitioners, like him, who broke no law for their belief.

The higher court rejected his appeal on December 17, 2018. He was admitted to Beijiang Prison in Guangdong Province on January 22, 2019.

Mr. Lin has hired a lawyer to file a motion to reconsider his case.

Prior Arrests and Torture

Mr. Lin, 52, is a native of Yingkou City, Liaoning Province. After graduating college, he worked as an engineer at Shenyang Aircraft Corporation in Liaoning Province before moving to Zhuhai City, Guangdong Province to take a new job at Gree Electric Appliances Inc. He lost his job after the persecution of Falun Gong began and had to make a living by tutoring students.

When he visited a Falun Gong practitioner in June 2000, police tapped his phone and arrested him. He was sent to Sanshui Labor Camp in Guangdong Province to serve a two-year term. He was severely mistreated during his detention.

Several months after his release, Mr. Lin was arrested and sent to a brainwashing center located at Huayu Minfu Hotel, where he was kept for two and a half years.

Mr. Lin's third arrest happened in February 2009 when he changed trains in Beijing while traveling from Liaoning to Guangdong. He was targeted because his ID had been flagged by police.

He was then sent to the now-defunct Masanjia Labor Camp. During his two and a half years in the labor camp, Mr. Lin was tortured on a regular basis.

One torture involved suspending him over a bed with his four limbs tied to four posts of the bed. He was made to stay “up in the air” like that for nearly two hours. Ms. Lin felt as if his joints were about to break and it was extremely painful.

Torture illustration: Stretching Torture

Every day from evening to 3 a.m. the next day, several guards took turns shocking Mr. Lin's shoulders and inner thighs with electric batons.

Related Reports:Police Attempt to Charge Couple for Their Belief After Court Twice Dismisses the Case

Sixteen Guangdong Falun Gong Practitioners Still Illegally Imprisoned