Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Recalling Master's Lectures in Harbin

January 20, 2019 |   By a Falun Dafa practitioner in Heilongjiang Province, China

(Minghui.org) I attended the lectures that Master Li Hongzhi, the founder of Falun Dafa, held in Harbin on August 5, 1994. Everything I experienced that day is still clear in my mind. Every time I read practitioners' articles about attending Master's lectures, my face is covered with tears and I cannot calm down for a long time.

I had a very happy childhood. I was deeply loved by my parents. The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) launched the Cultural Revolution when I was in elementary school. I did not finish elementary school and attended middle school for only one month.

I then returned to my home village, became a barefoot doctor (quack), and got married. I gained more than 30 pounds after having my second child, and I thus took medicine to lose weight.

The severe side effects of the medicine took a toll on my kidneys. I developed glomerular nephritis, an illness where the kidneys can no longer filter waste and extra fluid in the body. My legs swelled and became stiff. There was blood in my urine. I had difficulty urinating without injections of penicillin. I was tired, often felt chilly, and had to stay in the hospital. I also took Chinese medicine and tried acupuncture, but nothing worked.

A classmate of my brother-in-law practiced qigong. At his suggestion, I joined some qigong practices and spent a lot of money, but my health did not get better. I was 37 years old at the time.

Then, I noticed some people practicing qigong outside about two years later. I went there with a friend to check it out. I did the exercises with them and felt good afterward. I went back the next day. On the third day, my friend and I signed up for a Falun Dafa instruction class to be held in Harbin. I was one of 46 people to take a bus to Harbin.

We listened to Master's lectures at the Harbin Hockey Arena on August 5. Master was young, tall, and burly. He looked dignified, and someone whispered that Master was a Buddha. I thought so, too. But I did not know what a Buddha was at the time.

I came down with a fever when Master began to lecture. Also, I had to go to the restroom and urinated a lot. This was surprising since I had not been able to urinate without taking medicine since the onset of my kidney disease.

Later that day, the whole class visited Taiyang Island. I had to go to the restroom every hour. It seemed that I had passed all the urine accumulated in my body over the past two years.

The next day, I felt my body was light as a feather. My kidney disease symptoms had disappeared after I listened to Master's lecture for just one day. I was very fortunate!

Master said,

“Students everywhere have told me in written accounts about having to look for a bathroom all the way home from our classes. That happens because your internal organs need to be purified. A few of you might fall asleep during the class, only to wake up after I finish my talk. That happens because there was something wrong with your head, and it needed to be put right. You needed to be anesthetized so that you wouldn’t feel anything. Yet in some cases the faculty of hearing isn’t affected, and you won’t have missed a word even if you were sound asleep. Afterwards you will feel invigorated, and you might even go on for a couple of days without needing sleep. You might be coming here with any of various conditions. But whatever they may be, they all need to be dealt with since your whole body must be purified.” (The Second Talk, Zhuan Falun, 2018 translation)

I also used to suffer from severe headaches. On the third day, I fell asleep for two lectures while Master was teaching. I could hear but could not stay awake. My head ached the whole day like it was going to explode. However, the pain was gone on the fourth day. Since then, my illnesses have not recurred.

I was not the only person who benefited from listening to Master's lectures. One practitioner was diagnosed with heart disease and suffered from motion sickness. She could not ride the bus. It was difficult for her to come to Harbin by train. She looked like a new person after the lectures.

My friend, who also attended the classes, had suffered from a stomach disease. She had diarrhea and vomited during the lectures. She no longer had any illness symptoms after listening to the lectures for a few days.

A teacher from Hebei Province sat next to me in the classroom. She kept smiling while I had a fever and felt uncomfortable. “Why are you so happy?” I asked. “Don't you care how other people feel?” She answered, “How can I not smile? I was a teacher and often passed out while teaching. I had to stay at home because I also had a defective heart valve and was near death. Now, I feel so well even before the class has started. I am so happy and can’t help but smile. Master indeed is a living Buddha! Thank you, Master.”

I later attended another one of Master's lectures. Master asked us to stand up and think about where in our body we felt sick. All the attendees recovered from health problems after Master waved his hand. Everyone in the class witnessed the greatness of omnipotent Master.