Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Zhejiang Woman Arrested Again for Seeking Justice for Past Wrongful Sentences

September 06, 2018 |   By a Minghui correspondent in Zhejiang Province, China

(Minghui.org) Nine months after Ms. Yang Jie was released from a five-year prison term for her faith in Falun Gong, she was arrested again for attempting to file a complaint for the wrongful sentence.

The procuratorate accepted her case on August 8, 2018, only ten days after her arrest.

Ms. Yang was released from her last prison term on November 2, 2017. She was planning to file a complaint against the sentence and torture she suffered for refusing to renounce Falun Gong.

Upon finding out her intention to file the complaint, staff members from local neighborhood committee and police station talked to her several times and demanded that she drop the complaint.

After she refused, she noticed in June that several people began to follow her everywhere she went. They also questioned each person she talked to and told them that they were police officers.

People Who Followed Ms. Yang Jie

When Ms. Yang reported those people to the police, the head of Yuquan Police Station said to her, “We were the ones who sent them to monitor you.”

After two months of monitoring her daily activities, a team of officers broke into Ms. Yang's home and arrested her on July 30, 2018. Without a search warrant, they ransacked her home and refused to provide a list of things they confiscated from her.

Even though Ms. Yang had high blood pressure of more than 200 mmHg, the police sent her to Hangzhou City Detention Center, where she has since been kept in custody.

Her 87-year-old father, who had been hospitalized several times this year, is also left at home alone with no one to take care of him.

In the past 19 years, Ms. Yang has been repeatedly arrested and sentenced for practicing Falun Gong. While she was serving a term of forced labor between 2001 and 2003, her hair turned grey when she was only in her 30s. Between 2005 and 2017, she was sentenced to prison twice for a total of 11 years.

After she was released from prison in 2017, the social security bureau blocked her pension payment after her retirement.

Previous report:Ms. Yang Jie Held in Solitary Confinement at Zhejiang Women’s Prison