Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Sichuan Farmer's Family Still Kept in the Dark After One Year of Detention

August 24, 2018 |   By a Minghui correspondent in Sichuan Province, China

(Minghui.org) Nearly one year after a Sichuan farmer was arrested and detained, her family still hasn't received any official notice of her case. When they went to the police station to seek her release, the police told them that the case had been submitted to the court. But when they went to the court, the court staff said they don't have the case on file.

Ms. Ding Guoqin, a farmer from Luzhou City, Sichuan Province, was arrested in mid-September 2017. The police had ordered vegetables from her and asked her to deliver the produce to the police station. But when she went there, they arrested her.

Ms. Ding's family was informed by an anonymous source that she was being held at the detention center and that they could send some money and clothes to her.

Prior to the September arrest, three police officers ransacked Ms. Ding's home in May 2017. They took away two of her Falun Gong books and a banner hanging on her house that read “Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good.” They refused to provide a list of things that were confiscated and also forced her to sign on a piece of blank paper.

Ms. Ding's family was very worried about her sudden arrest. When they went to the police station to seek her release, they were bounced between the police station and the court.

So far they still don't know why the police arrested her. They also haven't received any detention notice or indictment documents.

Ms. Ding started to practice Falun Gong in June 1999. She had suffered from deafness in her left ear since childhood, but her hearing recovered only two days after practicing Falun Gong.

The Chinese communist regime launched the nationwide persecution of Falun Gong shortly after she started practicing it. Despite the enormous amount of pressure, she persevered and continued the practice.