Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Mr. Qu Guangyi Arrested After Being Released from Prison—Whereabouts Unknown

March 30, 2017 |   By a Minghui correspondent in Jilin Province, China

(Minghui.org) Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Qu Guangyi, 50, was re-arrested by the local 610 Office immediately after his release from Jilin City Prison, in Jilin City, on January 12, 2017.

Front of Jilin Province Prison

Mr. Qu's family surrounded by 610 Office agents

Mr Qu was released on January 12, 2017, and his family members came to the prison to pick him up. However, the Dehui 610 Office and the local government had planned to re-arrest Mr. Qu, using the excuse of having to follow some type of procedure. After a standoff for over three hours, the 610 Office agents and other officials surrounded Mr. Qu's family car and arrested Mr. Qu. They took photos of the driver's license. Mr. Qu's whereabouts are currently not known.

Arrested and Home Ransacked in 2012

Mr. Qu Guangyihad been illegally arrested by Dehui 610 Office agents on his way home from work on the morning of September 13, 2012. His home in Dafangshen Town, Dehui City, was ransacked, and the police confiscated personal belongings, including a bank deposit book valued at 100,000 yuan.

He was unlawfully sentenced to a four-and-a-half year prison term by the Changchun City Economic Development Zone Court on June 18, 2013, and taken to the Jilin City Prison.

Imprisonment and Torture in the Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp

Mr. Qu was arrested by Domestic Security police in Dehui on August 23, 2006. The police beat him in public, causing severe injuries.

Mr. Qu was illegally imprisoned for two years in the Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp in Jiutai City, Jilin Province, where he was subjected to torture and brainwashing. The guards hung him by his handcuffed wrists, deprived him of sleep, and burned his skin. As a result, his mental and physical health deteriorated greatly.

Mr. Qu was taken to a forced labor factory in May 2007, where he had to work long hours. The food was not even fit for animals. He suffered mentally and was diagnosed with inflammation of the kidney. However, he was provided with no medical care and was still forced to perform hard labor.

When his family visited him, the guards warned him not to reveal anything about his illness or the torture he suffered in the labor camp.

Imprisoned and Tortured in the Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp

Mr. Qu Guangyi, was imprisoned in the Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp, Changchun City, for two years, beginning in 2003.

Fan Shenglu, deputy captain; Peng Zilong; guard, and a group of inmates brutally beat Mr. Qu on December 1, 2004. Fan broke Mr. Qu's ribs, and the guards pried open his mouth to force feed him and loosened many of his teeth. Mr. Qu's health deteriorated while in the forced labor camp.

He was transferred to the Weizigou Forced Labor Camp on March 29, 2005, where he was brutally tortured. When his family visited him on April 18, 2005, they noticed many bruises, and that he was emaciated and weak.

A family visit was forbidden on April 22, with the excuse that he had refused to give up his belief in Falun Gong. His family was also informed that his term would be extended. To protest the persecution he went on a hunger strike.

Related articles:Illegal Imprisonment of Falun Gong Practitioners from Dehui City, Jilin ProvinceMr. Qu Guangyi and His Wife Facing Illegal Court Trial in Changchun CityPractitioner Qu Guangyi Subjected to Brutal Torture in Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp (Jiutai, Jilin Province)