Examples of Karmic Retribution at the Hubei Institute of Technology
(Minghui.org) Editor's note: In both Western and Chinese culture, the principle of karmic retribution, that is, being held ultimately accountable for one's own actions, is widely accepted. Stated another way, good deeds will be rewarded, while evil will incur its due. Articles such as this are meant as a compassionate reminder of this principle to those who would commit wrongdoing. While many of those who persecute Falun Gong are merely "following orders," universal law requires that they too be held responsible for their actions and that only by reversing their course of wrongdoing may they escape retribution.
Since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started to persecute Falun Dafa practitioners 16 years ago, many who have participated, from CCP senior officials to those at the provincial and county levels, have experienced retribution.
The following are a few examples from the Hubei Institute of Technology.
The Institute was created when the Xianning Medical Institute and the Xianning Teachers' College merged. There was a practice site at the Xianning Medical Institute before the persecution began. After 1999, the site was targeted and shut down. Many faculty members who have participated in the persecution have incurred retribution.
1. Duan Wugang, 50, was the vice president of the Institute's second affiliated hospital. During his tenure, he slandered Falun Dafa and its founder in a conference. He actively collaborated with the CCP in persecuting practitioners. He was diagnosed with liver cancer in 2014 and died on April 23, 2015.
2. Yao Jingqi, 60, was the former director of the Institute's department of research and development. He was diagnosed with lung cancer in the spring of 2013 and died in the fall of 2014. During his tenure, he openly slandered Falun Dafa and its founder.
3. He Xinhua, 50, was the former vice president of the Institute's clinic. In November 2014, he suddenly died of a brain hemorrhage. When he was in office, he followed the CCP in slandering Falun Dafa and its founder Mr. Li Hongzhi. He cooperated with the authorities to persecute practitioners, even though he had been told the facts.
4. Sun Quanxin, 50, was the vice president of the Institute's second affiliated hospital. In 2013, he was removed from office and sentenced to serve 10 years in Xianning Prison for corruption. When still in office, he openly slandered Falun Dafa and its founder. He withheld and reduced practitioners' salaries and discriminated against them. He didn't listen to practitioners who tried to clarify the facts about the persecution to him.
5. Chen Diying, 50, is an editor in the Institute's editorial department. While he was the chief editor for the Xianning Institute's newspaper, he oversaw the publication of articles that slandered Falun Dafa. Those articles poisoned the majority of the students and faculty members. In 2010, he was diagnosed with lung cancer. His surgery cost him over 100,000 yuan.
6. Liu Bo, 40, was a former security officer with the Institute's security department. In January 2015, he fractured his wrist. During his employment, he actively cooperated with the CCP in arresting practitioners that went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa, leading to a number of them being sent to forced labor camps.
7. Wu Jihua, 40, from Chongyang City was a security officer with the Institute's security department. Believing the CCP propaganda that defamed Falun Dafa, he confiscated and destroyed informational materials about the practice. In July 2011, he was involved in a car accident in which two people were killed instantly, one of them his wife. He was severely injured and hospitalized for several months and had to spend a fortune on medical bills.
8. Li Weiwei, 30, was a former security officer with the Institute's security department. In August 2013, his leg started to hurt and he was unable to walk. He had a herniated lumbar disc and was in great pain. During his tenure, he actively cooperated with the CCP in arresting practitioners that went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Dafa, leading to a number of practitioners being sent to forced labor camps.
9. Shu Zongshou, 40, is the deputy director of the Institute's security department. He collaborated with the domestic security division to arrest practitioner Zhang Qi on November 9, 2011. Shu broke his leg two days later. In December, his son broke his right arm.
10. Xiong Zongsheng, 50, was the former director of the Institute's security department. Due to his active participation in the persecution, six practitioners were sentenced to forced labor camps, one became mentally disordered, several were detained in brainwashing centers, and many others had their homes ransacked. In 2006, Xiong was removed from office for corruption.
11. Li Youqing, 50, was the Party secretary of the Institute. Taken in by the CCP's lies, he cooperated in implementing persecution policies that harmed many students and faculty members. He fell ill in 2009 and is now bedridden and in bad shape.
12. Le Yongsheng, 60, was the former director of the Institute's medical imaging department. In July 2001, he personally wrote a “black report,” which directly led to the arrest and sentencing of practitioner Mr. Wang Lidi. Mr. Wang was detained in a forced labor camp for 1.5 years. Le later developed liver cysts and skin ailments, causing him excruciating pain.
13. Bai Yuting, 50, is the vice president of the Institute and is in charge of the human resources department. During his tenure, he has fired practitioners. His wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in April 2015.