(Minghui.org) A fire broke out in a suburb of a city in Liaoning Province around 4:30 p.m. on March 30, 2014. The small restaurant where the fire started was destroyed, yet the large supermarket adjacent to the restaurant escaped damage.
Everyone talked about this and some said that the owner of the supermarket practiced Falun Gong and that this must be the reason that it escaped the fire. From the onset of the persecution of Falun Gong in July 1999, the owner had helped produce many materials to help local people learn the truth about Falun Gong and the cruel suppression it faces.
A young couple built the small restaurant against the wall of the supermarket building. On the afternoon the fire broke out, the cook was heating a big pot of cooking oil. He forgot to turn off the stove and walked out of the kitchen.
The oil boiled over, caught fire and the fire reached the gas tank connected to the stove. The flames were four to five meters high and no one could get close enough to put out the fire. The fire brigade took a long time to arrive at the scene.
When she heard all the commotion, the owner of the supermarket checked to see what was going on. She saw that the fire was licking up against her building. Her first thought was to protect the Falun Dafa books and photographs of the founder of Falun Dafa, Master Li Hongzhi. She quickly bagged up the materials, put the books into her backpack, and tried to get out of the building.
The place was filled with thick smoke and she could not see anything. The heat was unbearable, so she knelt, erected her hands in front of her chest and called out, “Falun Dafa is good, Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance is good. Master, please help us. Don't let the fire destroy this place.”
She dropped her phone and lost contact with the outside. She was trapped inside but suddenly realized that she was in a two-meter circle where there was no smoke but fresh air.
It took nearly an hour for the firefighters to put out the fire. When the smoke cleared, the restaurant had burned down. However the supermarket building was not touched by the fire, the plastic store sign was not damaged and the merchandise was not destroyed by the smoke.
Someone mentioned that the owner of the supermarket practiced Falun Gong and was protected by the practice. The onlookers said in amazement, “Falun Gong is truly powerful!” Some remarked that there must indeed be divine beings that can save people.
Several people said that they found the situation so inspiring that they now wanted to learn Falun Gong, and that the atheism championed by the Party is nonsense.
An old firefighter said, “I have never come across something like this during the more than 10 years of my career as a firefighter. Falun Gong is miraculous. They shouldn't prohibit people from practicing it!”