Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Wang Xuemei Arrested Again After Enduring Torture and Abuse

February 09, 2015 |   By a Minghui correspondent from Liaoning Province, China

(Minghui.org) Ms. Wang Xuemei, a practitioner from Dandong City, Liaoning Province, was arrested on November 19, 2014, by officers from the Yuanbao Police Station. She was taken to the Dandong Detention Center.

Officer Du Guojun from the Dandong Domestic Security Division, Jiang Chengge from the Liudaokou Police Station, and other officers ransacked her home. They confiscated Falun Gong books and materials as well as a printer and computer.

Officers from the Yuanbao Police Station and the Domestic Security Division collaborated to fabricate evidence against Ms. Wang. Their directive originated from the 610 Office.

Arrested for Having Copies of Minghui Weekly

Ms. Wang attended the “trial” of practitioner Ms. Xin Guiqin at the Yuanbao District Court on the morning of November 19, 2014. All Falun Gong practitioners were forced to show their identification and be registered. Security officers searched each practitioner and rifled through their handbags. Police arrested Ms. Wang after discovering two copies of Minghui Weekly (a Chinese language periodical) in her handbag.

They also took Ms. Wang's daughter to the Liudaokou Police Station for interrogation. Du Guojun and the officers demanded 5,000 yuan for her release. After negotiating, the officers released her daughter after receiving 2,000 yuan.

Ms. Wang's family asked for her release on November 25, but Jiang Chengge and a deputy head of the Liudaokou Police Station refused to allow it. They claimed, “The arrest was carried out by the city's Domestic Security Division, so they have the final say. Local police do not have the authority to release her.”

Police later collected blood samples from practitioners, including one from Ms. Wang, on July 14, 2014.

Arrested and Tortured Since 1999

Ms. Wang, 53, was fired by the Dandong Women and Children's Hospital. She has been arrested several times during the 15 years Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has persecuted Falun Gong. She has been held in a mental hospital and twice taken to a labor camp.

At the onset of the persecution, which began on July 20, 1999, Ms. Wang and her younger sister, Ms. Wang Xuejie, went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong. They went to Tiananmen Square, did the Falun Gong exercises, and were arrested.

When they were being driven back to Dandong City, Ms. Wang Xuemei, her sister, and four other practitioners jumped out of the vehicle. Ms. Wang was injured and taken to the Dandong Women and Children's Hospital. Fan Li, the CCP head at the hospital and the Dandong City 610 Office, gave false information about Ms. Wang to the Dandong news media.

After she recovered from her injuries, officers at all levels of the Dandong Political and Legal Affairs Committee, the 610 Office, the Dandong Police Department, the Domestic Security Division, the Zhenxing District Political and Legal Affairs Committee, the district police department, the local police station, and the neighborhood administration agency were involved in monitoring and intimidating her.

Ms. Wang went to Beijing again to petition for the right to practice Falun Gong on November 15, 2000. She was arrested and taken to the the Dandong Detention Center for a 40-day detention. Leaders at the hospital where she worked had her transferred to the Hamatang Mental Hospital in Dandong. She was tortured and injected with unknown drugs for 64 days.

Arrested and Interrogated

After her release, Ms. Wang was fired from her job. She then found a job doing minor duties in a hotel. For hiring her, the town officials arrested the entire staff at the hotel, including Ms. Wang, and took them to the Guangji Police Station. Her home was also ransacked.

Eight officers took turns interrogating her around the clock for four days without. She was put into a cage on the fourth night and then transferred to the Dandong Detention Center for a month. After returning home, she was monitored around the clock by staff from the Dandong No. 1 Police Division.

Torture reenactment: Locked a in iron cage

Hung up and Subjected to Electric Shock Torture

Ms. Wang was taken to the Liudaogou Police Station by Sha Yuexia, Huo Wenshan, and other officers from the Dandong Domestic Security Division in September 2002.

Sha ordered officer Huo to handcuff and hang Ms. Wang on a metal bar in the courtyard of the police station. Ms. Wang was hung up with her toes barely touching the ground and her arms stretched out.

Torture reenactment: Hanging up in the air

Sha Yuexie, Cao Yujia, and Yu Deqing told Sha, Huo, and two officers the next day that if she screamed again, they should just gag her. They then handcuffed her and hung her up on the metal bar for two days without giving her food or water. To prevent her from screaming, they gagged her.

She was taken back to the Liudaogou Police Station, where they handcuffed her hands to a heating pipe, which was only three inches off the floor. She sat on the cement floor for the entire night.

Torture reenactment: Handcuffed to a heating pipe

Sha ordered three officers to take Ms. Wang to an empty residential house where they shocked her with electric batons over four days.

Torture illustration: Shocking with electric batons

Handcuffed to a Chair for 12 Days.

Mrs. Wang was carried to the interrogation room on the second floor of the Dandong Detention Center four days later. She was put in a chair and her hands were cuffed to the chair's armrest for 12 days. Eight officers took turns to interrogate her over that time, during which she went on a hunger strike.

Sha soon transferred Ms. Wang to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp around November 2002 for a three-year term.

Torture Methods: Inhaling Poisonous Gas, Sleep Deprivation, Force-Feeding

Ms. Wang was taken to a large warehouse where poison was stored. She had to remain standing in there for five days. Inhaling the gases caused a rash all over her face and swelling.

She was deprived of sleep for several months beginning in May 2003.

To force her to renounce Falun Gong, several inmates were assigned to brainwash her. In protest, she went on a hunger strike on May 18, 2004. In response, the guards force-fed her.

She was handcuffed to the death bed for five days for refusing to work in the prison on April 1, 2005. After the five days, she was taken to a bathroom, where she was handcuffed to a heating pipe. She could not stand or squat.

Sentenced Again to Masanjia

Ms. Wang was again arrested for practicing Falun Gong on May 23, 2012, and taken to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp for a second time. She served a one-and-a-half-year term, during which time she was tortured brutally.

She was released on August 13, 2013, but the Dandong Domestic Security Division, the Zhenxing District Police Department, the local police station, and the community residential administration office continued to monitor and harass her.