Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Husband Returns Home With Wife's Ashes; Arrested Immediately

June 03, 2014 |   By a Minghui correspondent from Zhejiang Province, China

(Minghui.org) Right when he got home with his wife's funeral urn, Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Chen Tianjie was arrested. Since that arrest on April 30, 2014, he has been detained at the Luqiao Detention Center.

These events have been most difficult to endure for Mr. Chen's mother. Due to her son's arrest and the loss of her daughter-in-law, she now has to look after her bedridden husband and 11-year-old granddaughter by herself.

Mr. Chen, 43, and his wife Yang Zongying were arrested, detained, and tortured many times since the communist regime began its persecution of Falun Gong in July 1999. It was shortly after the crackdown began that Mr. Chen was also unlawfully sentenced to 11 years in prison.

Due to the ongoing and harsh mistreatment of her and her family, Ms. Yang, 45, developed serious kidney problems. She passed away on April 21, 2014.

World Turns Upside Down for Newlyweds

Mr. Chen from Taizhou City, Zhejiang Province, and Ms. Yang from Tahe County, Heilongjiang Province, got married in June 1999. When the persecution began a month later, they went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong. Their appeal was disregarded, and they suffered grievously under the persecution ever since.

Illegally Sentenced

Mr. Chen has been detained, tortured, and forced into prison labor many times since July 1999. He was sentenced to an 11-year prison term and eventually released in 2011.

Wife Detained and Tortured

When Ms. Yang was arrested in Beijing in 1999, she was held at the Tahe Liaison Office in Beijing and later at the Tahe Detention Center in Heilongjiang Province. She was held there for eight months.

Ms. Yang went to Beijing again with another practitioner on June 23, 2000. There, she was arrested and detained at the Qianmen Police Station. She was interrogated, forced to stand for long periods of time, beaten, and deprived of food and water.

After her eighth arrest in Beijing, she was beaten, force-fed, shackled, and not allowed to put on shoes. There were also times when inmates tore her clothes from her body.

Torture illustration: Force feeding

Ms. Yang was tortured while detained at the Tahe Detention Center in 1999, 2000, and 2007, and she was repeatedly subjected to brutal force feedings. During the force-feedings, the guards used pliers and steel plates to force open her mouth. As a result, her palate became deformed, and her front teeth were knocked out.

The conditions inside the Shuanghe Labor Camp in Qiqihar, where she was held in August 2000 and March 2007, were horrible. Moreover, beatings and electric batons shockings took place frequently.

During her second term there, Ms. Yang was isolated and held in the “transformation” group. She was deprived of sleep and subjected to brainwashing, and the guards were encouraged to use the iron chair torture at anytime. Because of the degree of torture at Shuanghe, Ms. Yang's health deteriorated greatly.

When Ms. Yang was released, she was so weak that she could not speak. Her urine was red, and she was diagnosed with glomerulonephritis (disease characterized by inflamed kidneys). She passed away at the age of 45.

Individuals Involved in the Persecution

Zheng Lingjiang (郑灵江), director of the Luqiao District Police Department: +86-576-82999032, +86-576-82419999Jiang Zhenming (蒋珍明), director of the Taizhou Police Department: +86-576-88212066

Related article:Mr. Chen Tianjie Illegally Imprisoned for Eleven Years (Photos)