Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

After Being Persecuted to Near Death, Practicing Falun Gong Restored Me to Health

April 03, 2014 |   By a Minghui correspondent in Heilongjiang Province, China

(Minghui.org) Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Shi Xiuying, 60, was diagnosed with stomach cancer not long after she was forced to renounce the practice while detained at the Qinglongshan Brainwashing Center in December 2011. After the surgery and having three-fourths of her stomach removed she didn't go into remission. In desperation, she resumed practicing Falun Gong and regained her health within six months.

The following is Ms. Shi's account of her ordeal at the brainwashing center.

Yuan Dong, deputy chief, and over a dozen police officers from the Qixing Police Department, broke into my home around 11:00 a.m. on December 2, 2011. Without an explanation they took me to the Qinglongshan Brainwashing Center in Heilongjiang Land Reclamation Bureau.

They ransacked my two houses and confiscated my Falun Gong books, cell phones, MP3 players and more than 400 yuan.

Fang Yuechun, director of the brainwashing center, took me into a room and demanded that I stand in the middle of the room. Eight people surrounded me, including police officers Tao Hua, Fang Xiumei and some assistants. They threatened me and slandered Falun Gong. They tried to force me to write statements renouncing Falun Gong. They threatened that they would make my children lose their jobs if I did not comply with their demands.

After standing for almost 20 hours, being deprived of sleep and meals, I was exhausted and became mentally disoriented by 8 a.m. the following day. Guard Zhou Jingfeng held my arm tightly, while guard Jin Yanpeng grabbed one of my hands. Jin held a pen in my hand and moved it, forcing me to write a statement renouncing Falun Gong. I resisted strongly, but Jin punched my right shoulder with great force. After struggling for a while, I was exhausted.

Later, I was forced to watch videos that defamed Falun Gong daily and write my personal thoughts on the subject matter. After suffering threats, brainwashing and brutal torture, I was close to a mental breakdown. I could no longer bear it and renounced Falun Gong against my will.

At the same time, my health condition deteriorated badly. My stomach ached constantly and got worse. My weight dropped from a little over 100 pounds to about 75 pounds.

I was released after 42 days of detention. On my return home, my body ached and I had a sore stomach. I went to the hospital three weeks later and was diagnosed with stomach cancer. It cost 23,000 yuan for the surgery and they removed three-fourths of my stomach. I was in a coma for four days and unable to walk for more than three weeks. I was in so much agony that I lost the will to live.

When I first took up the practice in 1997, I became very healthy. Thus, I finally decided to resume the practice and was once again restored good health within six weeks.

At the end of 2012, Fang Yuechun, director of the brainwashing center, harassed me again and tried force me to renounce my belief in Falung Gong.

The persecution, which is still going on, nearly took my life and brought great harm and financial loss to my family.

Summary of Key Persecution Facts:
Shi Xiuying (石秀英)
Gender: Female Age: 60 Address: Unknown Occupation : Unknown Date of Most Recent Arrest: December 2, 2011 Most Recent Place of Detention: Qinglongshan Brainwashing Center (青龙山洗脑班 ) City: Harbin Province: Heilongjiang Persecution Suffered : Sleep deprivation, brainwashing, beatings, torture, home ransacked, and detention Key Persecutors: Yuan Dong(阮东), Fang Yuechun(房跃春), Tao Hua(陶华), Fang Xiumei(房秀梅), Jin Yanpeng(金言鹏) and Zhou Jingfeng(周景峰)