Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Mr. Zhuang Wenshu, Former Official at the Audit Bureau of Shenzhen City, Persecuted for Many Years

March 15, 2014 |   By a Minghui correspondent from Jiangsu Province, China

(Minghui.org) Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Zhuang Wenshu was an official with the Audit Bureau of the Shenzhen Municipality. Since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) banned Falun Gong, Mr. Zhuan has been illegally arrested by the 610 Office, tortured, brainwashed, and twice imprisoned. He remains detained at the Beijiang Prison in Guangdong Province, where he is being tortured.

Mr. Zhuang was arrested because he distributed Falun Gong truth-clarification materials during the Asian Games in 2010.

Isolation and Torture

Mr. Zhuang was kept isolated and only allowed to leave his cell for bathroom visits. He was allowed to sleep for five or six hours at first, but soon afterwards the guards began depriving him of sleep. Whenever he closed his eyes he was tortured by several inmates assigned to monitor him. His body became black and blue from the beatings.

Torture re-enactment: Beatings

Directed by guard Liu Yajun, collaborator Zhou Yuchun was most vicious when torturing Mr. Zhuang. Liu was the primary instigator for torturing him, depriving him of sleep, and forcing him to copy materials slandering Falun Gong at night.

The prison guards tried to brainwash Mr. Zhuang unsuccessfully for two months beginning in mid-March 2011, which included depriving him of sleep.

Here is the prison record showing his sleep time:

The guards used different torture methods to keep Mr. Zuang awake, including pinching hard, putting irritating medicine into his eyes, flicking his eyeballs, putting material into his nose and ears, and stepping on his feet. He was given minimal food and was forced to watch videos that slandered Falun Gong.

Torture re-enactment: Scratching and pinching

Torture re-enactment: Flicking the eyeballs

Torture re-enactment: Stepping hard on feet

Torture re-enactment: Sitting on a small stool for a long time

Due to the torture, Mr. Zhuang is extremely weak and appears to be mentally disoriented.

Sentenced to 7-Year Prison Term by Futian District Court in 2002

Mr. Zhuang was sentenced to a 7-year term at Sihui City Prison in Guangdong Province by the Futian District Court in 2002, because he distributed Falun Gong materials during the 2000 China Hi-tech Fair in Shenzhen City. He was arrested by officers from the 610 Office and detained at Futian Detention Center for more than one year before being sentenced.

Video programs defaming Falun Gong were played to all prisoners in the evenings beginning on March 2, 2004. Mr. Zhuang started a hunger strike and other practitioners also began a hunger strike soon after.

Mr. Zhuang refused to do slave labor. The guards forced practitioners to squat down at the entrance of the workshop. Mr. Zhuang refused to do so and started a second hunger strike. The guards put shackles on him. The heavy steel rings rubbed his ankle bones, making it extremely painful to walk.

Torture re-enactment: Feet shackled

All inmates were ordered to squat down on the exercise field around lunchtime on On April 21. Mr. Zhuang, wearing heavy shackles, was paraded in front of everyone. He was handcuffed by the guards who demanded he kneel down, which he refused.

The guards beat and shocked him with more than 10 electric batons, including on sensitive body parts, such as palms and ears.

Torture re-enactment: Beaten with several electric batons

Torture re-enactment: Violent kicking

The guards tied Mr. Zhuang's hands and feet onto an iron chair, where he remained for more than 40 days.

Torture re-enactment: Iron chair

Mr. Zhuang was then transferred to a division known for torturing practitioners. He was forced to sit on a small stool from 6:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. daily. His hands and feet were shackled for more than two years. He became extremely weak due to the torture.

Brainwashed at Xili Brainwashing Center in Shenzhen in 2007

Mr. Zhuang was taken immediately to the Xili Brainwashing Center in Shenzhen City when he was released from prison in 2007, by police and staff from the local street commission.

Xili Brainwashing Center

Two brainwashing centers were established by the Shenzhen City 610 Office, where more than a thousand practitioners were persecuted.

Each brainwashing session lasted three months and every practitioner was charged 30,000 yuan as a transfer fee. Tortures experienced in the brainwashing center included beatings, forced administration of unknown drugs, forced standing for extended periods of time, and sleep deprivation. Practitioners are brainwashed in the room 202 confinement cell.

At the beginning, practitioners were allowed to sleep three or four hours per night, but were later deprived of sleep. The guards took turns torturing practitioners around the clock.

Mr. Zhuang was held at the Xili Brainwashing Center for seven months before being released.

Arrested by the Futian District 610 Office in May 2000

Mr. Zhuang went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in early May 2000, and was arrested by police from the Futian District 610 Office and the Fugang Police Department. He was taken to the Futian Detention Center.

Mr. Zhuang began a hunger strike to protest the persecution and was force-fed. He collapsed seven days into the hunger strike. He was finally released.

Torture illustration: Forced-feeding

Summary of Key Persecution Facts:
: Zhuang Wenshu (庄文舒)
Gender : Male Age : 41 Occupation : Ex-officer of Audit Bureau of Shenzhen City Date of Most Recent Arrest : Unknown Most Recent Place of Detention : Beijiang Prison (北江监狱) City : Shaoguan Province : Guangdong Persecution Suffered : Electric shock, sleep deprivation, forced labor, brainwashing, illegal sentencing, imprisonment, torture, physical restraint, mental hospital, interrogation, detention, brutal beating