Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Police Threaten Petitioners in Shulan City

December 10, 2014 |   By a Minghui correspondent from Jilin Province, China

(Minghui.org) Over 400 villagers from Xihe Township in Shulan City have signed a petition to request the authorities to release Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Han Fu after he was illegally arrested in September 2014. Officials from the Shulan City 610 Office responded to the petition by threatening the villagers and tried to forced Mr. Han's family to dismiss the attorney they had hired to defend him.

Villagers from Shulan City sign their names and apply their fingerprints on a petition requesting Mr. Han's release

Hearing of the villagers' petition, the director of the Shulan City 610 Office quickly ordered personnel from the city police department, the Xihe Town Office, and the party directory to force their way into Mr. Han's home and interrogate his family members to find out who was in charge of the petition.

Police officers were stationed in the local grocery store for several days, and tried to force the villagers to fingerprint and sign a pledge of withdrawal by threatening to treat them as Falun Gong practitioners, and not allow their kids to attend school.

Department Manager Wang Hanming and several agents from the 610 Office also tried to force Mr. Han's family to dismiss the attorney they had hired. When they refused, the agents said they would hold Mr. Han's trial without notifying the family or the attorney.

The head of the Xihe Police Station, officer Wang Yongfu, and Kongtun Village secretary Xu Zhanlong later took turns harassing the family, forcing Mr. Han's wife to leave home.

Mr. Han, 48, is a farmer from Xihe Township in Jilin Province. He also sold bean curd for extra income. He began practicing Falun Gong in 2003, and all of his illnesses disappeared. He strives to follow the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance in his actions, and treated all of his customers honestly.

Mr. Han Fu

Mr. Han was arrested on September 9, 2014, for distributing Falun Gong materials. The police beat him on the spot, and ransacked his home the next day. They confiscated his computer and printer.

Hearing of his arrest, Mr. Han's friends, relatives, and fellow villagers petitioned the police and the local government for his release.

Earlier report:CCP Authorities Interfere with Legal Representation of Falun Gong Practitioner