(Minghui.org) Today's news from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 10 cities or counties in 8 provinces. According to this report, 5 Falun Gong practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention, and at least 31 practitioners were illegally arrested .
1. [Lianyungang City, Jiangsu Province] Ms. Chen Jili in Critical Condition
2. [Baishan City, Jilin Province] Ms. Qiu Jingfen Detained
3. [Shenzhou City, Hebei Province] Ms. Li Jing Held in Mental Hospital
4. [Songyuan City, Jilin Province] Ms. Li Yinghui Detained
5. [Yongxiu County, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Zhu Zhiying Detained
6. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Ms. Yao Changli Sentenced to Prison
7. [Tianshui City, Gansu Province] 28 Practitioners Arrested
8. [Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region] Ms. Jia Bin Sent to Prison
9. [Wenshan City, Yunnan Province] Mr. Zhong Mingwen Sentenced to Seven Years in Prison
10. [Southern Xinjiang, Xinjiang Autonomous Region] Ms. Zhang Shiyan Detained
Ms. Chen Jili was arrested, sentenced to prison, and taken to the Nanjing Women's Prison and tortured. She was forced to stand for long periods of time and severely beaten and shocked with electric batons. Ms. Chen became emaciated and is very weak. In desperate need of medical attention, she was taken instead to the Liyang Prison Mental Hospital in Changzhou. She was injected with drugs that damage the central nervous system. Her life is in imminent danger.
Ms. Qiu Jingfen was arrested for distributing Falun Gong informational materials on December 26, 2013. She was taken to the Baishan City Detention Center.
Ms. Li Jing is not mentally ill, but she has been admitted to the Shenzhou City Mental Hospital as a form of persecution.
Ms. Li Yinghui, formerly employed at Gorlos County Power Plant, was arrested on December 23, 2013. Her home was ransacked. The police took cash, a computer, and a printer. Ms. Li is now being held in the Songyuan City Detention Center.
Ms. Zhu Zhiying, 60, is retired from the Hushan Paper Mill. She was arrested for talking to people about Falun Gong on December 10, 2013. She is being held in the Yongxiu County Detention Center.
Parties involved in persecuting Ms. Zhu: Yu Jianjun (余建军), head of the Yongxiu County Police Department: +86-13507025688
Ms. Yao Changli was sentenced to three years in prison by the Nanguan District Court in Changchun City on December 24, 2013.
Ms. Li Cuifang, Ms. Gong Bifang, Ms. Li Jingjie, Ms. Zhao Lanzhou, Mr. Zhang Zhiming, Ms. Guo Juyun, Ms. Zhang Cuiping, Chunhua, and others--a total of 28 practitioners in all--were arrested on December 28, 2013.
Parties involved in the persecution: Huo Baoshan (霍宝珊), police department head: +86-13893829269
Ms. Jia Bin was sentenced to five years in prison by the Zuoqi Court. She was taken to the Chifeng City No. 4 Prison in early December 2013.
Mr. Zhong Mingwen was arrested for distributing Falun Gong informational materials in February 2013. He was held in the Guangnan County Detention Center. He was recently sentenced to seven years in prison.
Parties involved in persecuting Mr. Zhong: Guangnan County Detention Center: +86-876-5150596 Guangnan County 610 Office: +86-876-5150297
Ms. Zhang Shiyan was arrested for talking to her relatives in Northern Xinjiang about Falun Gong in early July 2013. She has been held in the Wujiaqu Detention Center ever since.