Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Cui Aijun's Sentence Kept Secret by the Qinglong County Court

September 19, 2013 |   By a Minghui correspondent in Hebei Province, China

(Minghui.org) Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Cui Aijun was put on trial by the Qinglong County Court in Hebei Province on June 20, 2013, but the verdict was not made public.

The trial was scheduled to begin at 9:20 a.m. At approximately 9:00 a.m., many cars, including police vehicles, were parked at the entrance of the Qinglong County Court and the Qinglong County Appeals Office.

Many of the cars' occupants were plainclothes police. At the gate of the Appeals Office, four officials from the government of Shuangshanzi Town, Qinglong County, and the General Administration Office were on the lookout for practitioners. Nothing went unnoticed, as that gate was the only access to the courthouse.

Ms. Cui's family, except for her husband and daughter, were the only other spectators permitted to attend the trial. However, no one saw her family enter the courtroom. Two ladies that asked to attend were not allowed entry. An official from the Shuangshan Town government said that anyone who wanted to attend the trial had to give information about where he/she was from and his/her relationship to Ms. Cui. Ms. Cui's relatives were not seen entering the courtroom until 10:00 a.m.

Li Yinqing from the Qinglong County Domestic Security Division and several plainclothes police were later seen in the parking lot between the Appeals Office and the courthouse. The two ladies who had asked to attend told Li Yinqing, “People have the right to know the truth. Ms. Cui Aijun is a good person and has never done anything bad. Please don't sentence her to prison.” All of a sudden plainclothes police began to take photos and videos. To avoid any conflict, the two women left.

Officials from the local Domestic Security Division, the Shuangshan Town government, and the General Administration Office stirred up conflicts between Ms. Cui's relatives and her husband and daughter. They said that she would have been released earlier if her daughter hadn't contacted Falun Gong practitioners. Ms. Cui's relatives believed the officials, prevented her daughter from getting in touch with practitioners, and destroyed her phone.