Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Mr. Yuan Kun, His Wife, and Others from Weifang City Secretly Sentenced to Seven and a Half Years in Prison

June 12, 2013 |   By a Minghui correspondent from Shandong Province, China

(Minghui.org) Mr. Yuan Kun and his wife, Ms. Mao Aijuan, and Mr. Wang Wenzhong from Fangzi District, Weifang City, were arrested in November 2011 by officers from the Kuiwen District Domestic Security Division and taken to the Weifang City Detention Center. On May 6, 2013, Mr. Yuan's parents went to the Weifang Detention Center to inquire about their son. They were informed that he had been sent to Jinan City Prison.

Mr. Yuan, Ms. Mao and Mr. Wang Wenzhong were secretly sentenced on October 22, 2012, to seven and a half years in prison by the Court, in collusion with the Domestic Security Division, the 610 Office, and the Procuratorate, all located in Weifang City. Their families haven't been notified and the officials have repeatedly refused to meet with them when they went to the detention center. They also didn't disclose their sentences. On April 5, 2013, Ms. Mao was sent to Jinan Women's Prison, where her mistreatment continues.

Mr. Yuan's parents were notified of their daughter-in-law's imprisonment at the same time that Ms. Mao's family received the letter stating that she had been sent to Jinan Women's Prison. Mr. Yuan's elderly parents have been monitored, harassed, fined, and beaten ever since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began persecuting Falun Gong on July 20, 1999. Their oldest son was sent to a forced labor camp, and Mr. Yuan, their youngest son, and his wife became destitute and homeless just before their son's first birthday. That was over ten years ago. They have endured all kinds of hardships and deprivations while raising their grandchild that have left an indelible mark. Receiving the news of their son and daughter-in-laws' sentences was just the latest in a series of disasters that the couple has had to endure.

Mr. Yuan was an elementary teacher in the town school and Ms. Mao, a nurse in the local hospital. They had one son and lived a happy life. In Spring 2001 they were harassed all day by alternating shifts of CCP officials from Fangzi District, Weifang City, Shandong Province. They were forced to leave home. Their son was about to turn one. They found odd jobs for a few days at a time.

On November 5, 2011, Mr. Yuan and Ms. Mao were followed and arrested. They were locked up for more than 60 days in an unknown location. Mr. Yuan's family received notification from the Kuiwen Branch of the Weifang Police Department, signed by Gu Zhiyong. The couple was detained at the Weifang Detention Center on January 11, 2012. The CCP denied the family their visitation rights and refused to let them speak with each other. On February 17, 2012, the family received notification authorizing the arrest of Mr. Yuan and Ms. Mao. It was dated February 16, 2012 and signed by Gu Zhiyong.

Parties responsible for persecuting Mr. Yuan and Ms. Mao include: the Kuiwen District Domestic Security Division in Weifang City; Gu Zhiyong; the Kuiwen District Court and presiding Judge Shi Yuhe and Judge Jiang Hao; Zhang Minjie and clerk Ma Xiaoli, the CCP secretary.

Mr. Yuan and Ms. Mao's Previous Persecution History

During the National People's Congress and Chinese People's Political Consultative Congress in 2000, Mr. Yuan and many other Falun Gong practitioners were taken to the police station and locked up in the evening at the town Judicial Court. On the first day, the practitioners collectively recited Lunyu. Guo Liguang, the town's assistant CCP secretary, a man about 45 years old, aggressively stomped on Mr. Kun's face with his leather shoes, to the point of tearing the skin. He also kicked another Falun Gong practitioner. That evening about eight officials from the town's communist party carried wooden and leather clubs to the Judicial Court. They took practitioners, one after another, to a dark room and beat them. They first made Mr. Yuan lie on the floor face down, and then viciously asked him, “Are you still going to practice Falun Gong? Will you keep going to Beijing to appeal?” Mr. Yuan didn't make a sound. They cursed and beat him. They pounded his thigh so hard that he wasn't able to stand up. Afterwards, Zhang Mingli, the town mayor, a male around 43, entered and said, “Who still practices Falun Gong? Do you dare to stand up?” Those practitioners who said “yes” were called out and severely beaten. There was a female practitioner who wasn't able to get up after being beaten. The most pitiable were two babies that were so hungry that they kept crying. They weren't given any food or water for four days. Duan Zhaohuang, a government official, threatened, “These babies are in terrible shape. They may not live long. These CCP officials have lost their humanity.”

Nine members of Mr. Yuan's family were forced to leave the home on October 1, 2000 and their rooms vacated for town officials to stay in their home. Town officials, including Ma Qingping, director of the town economic commission, male around 40; Liu Jianjun, staff member at the town economic commission, male around 32; Yu Xueyi, the town accountant, male around 45; Zhang Bingling, male around 40; and others, monitored the home around the clock, females during the daytime and males at night.

CCP officials harassed Mr. Yuan's family. They showed up at various times. Sometimes they knocked on the door in the middle of the night, waking up and frightening their child, causing him to cry. The family had no peace. On May 3, 2001, during the May day vacation, Mr. Yuan and his wife had just returned from the farm and were preparing lunch. Suddenly two police cars pulled up. About a dozen police officers emerged and took them to the police station. Mr. Yuan and his wife were later forced to leave their home, become destitute and homeless, to avoid further persecution.