Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Chen Guihua Illegally Sentenced to Four Years in Prison

May 02, 2013 |   By a Minghui correspondent from Henan Province, China

(Minghui.org) Ms. Chen Guihua, a practitioner in Pingdingshan City, Henan Province, was sentenced to four years in prison by the Weidong District Court and taken to the Xinxiang Women's Prison on March 28, 2013. She had previously been detained for seven months in the Pingdingshan No. 1 Detention Center.

Ms. Chen is almost 60 years old, and works for the Pingdingshan Transportation Company. For many years she had suffered from illness. Before she began practicing Falun Dafa in 1997, she needed help walking down the stairs. All of her symptoms disappeared after one month of practice. Her doctors and relatives witnessed her improvement.

After the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started persecuting Falun Gong, she followed her conscience and clarified the truth, because she saw it as her duty and responsibility. She was repeatedly arrested and was forced to flee from her home.

Officer Zhang Qingping and others from the Wuyi Road Police Station in the Weidong District arrested her early on the morning of August 27, 2012. At 11:00 a.m. the following day, officers took her to the Pingdingshan No. 2 People's Hospital for a physical exam. She was on a hunger strike to protest the persecution.

After tremendous mental pressure and persecution, she became mentally disoriented on the morning of September 4, 2012. The hospital director came to check on her and was very angry after seeing her condition. He said to the police, “All she does is practice Falun Gong. Look what you have done to her.”

Phone calls from the international and domestic community, as well as truth-clarifying letters, poured into the police station after the afternoon of September 4. At around 7:00 p.m. on September 5, the police station deputy director, along with several armed officers, went to the hospital and took Ms. Chen to a detention center.

While in the detention center, she was secretly taken to the emergency room at least twice. However, her family was never informed. After her family learned of her health status, they asked for her release. They were told that she could be released only if she provided incriminating information about other practitioners.

The Pingdingshan 610 Office ordered the court to hand down a heavy sentence. The Weidong District Court secretly tried Ms. Chen without notifying her family, and illegally sentenced her to a four-year term.

After being detained for seven months, she was taken to the Xinxiang Women's Prison on March 28, 2013.